[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't these DACA kids just join the military? Problem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: service-guarantees-citizenship.png (39KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
service-guarantees-citizenship.png
39KB, 600x700px
Why don't these DACA kids just join the military? Problem just fixes itself at that point.
>>
>>140228953
Spics are lazy
>>
>>140228953
Nonwhites on average hate this country and what it stands for
>>
>>140228953
I would join the us military if made me a citizen.
>>
>>140229099

this
>>
>>140228953

You're not able to join the military with a work permit. That's all DACA is, a work permit.

Yo join the military you need a proper visa to reside in the USA.

I tried joining the Air Force and coast guard and they would not let me.

Make sense for security reasons I suppose.
>>
>>140228953
Who thought it'd be a good idea to have literal foreigners in our military?
>>
>>140229420
>That's all DACA is, a work permit.
A work permit given to people who are already here, rather than to those permitted to come. It's akin to showing up to some office and sitting down at one of their computers and doing work, and then getting the job after the fact, after you've already just randomly showed up and decided unilaterally to start working there.
>>
>>140228953
>at that point
kys
>>
>>140232527
This is an excellent analogy. Personally I would support granting citizenship in exchange for military service. The problem though is that we don't need them. The battlefield has become automated, wars are mostly fought with missiles and bombs. The sad truth is that large numbers of infantry soldiers are no longer useful, easily countered, and usually cost more than they help. A $50,000 smart bomb to kill 1 enemy combatant may sound like a lot until you realize that each soldier receives hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of training, supplies, and benefits throughout their career, and most soldiers go their entire career without ever killing an enemy soldier. Infantry are only useful for policing actions and cleaning up after air strikes.
>>
>>140228953
Can it be applied to Canadians and if yes, how?
>>
SKYKING is going crazy lately, join the livestream chat on youtube

Open in new tab, leave in background while you browse. If anything is transmitted you will hear it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0b_s0oVvVI
>>
There was a program called MAVNI, which allowed international students to join and gain citizenship through service. It all depended upon the native language they spoke and the persons proficiency in speaking this language. It was a good program and a lot of the soldiers that joined through this program are the most patriotic people I have ever met.

Currently the program is closed and a large number of people that joined the program are trying to get done with their back ground investigations to be able to ship to basic training.
>>
>>140229165

you actually do get citizenship if you join the military

there are a ton of random immigrants like people 'fresh off the boat' from Russia, China, Latin America, Africa, India and shit in the military

>>140232357

i don't know what exactly they have to go through to join but if you have any foreign contacts at all you are pretty much disqualified from getting a top secret clearance
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.