[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want to remind you guys that economic growth is not the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I just want to remind you guys that economic growth is not the all-in-all solution for prosperity. Basically 3% economic growth (f.ex.) means around about 3% energy consumption growth. And studies show (inb4 (((studies)))) that if energy or electricity consumption grows at 3% every single year, that will mean that at that rate, the world will reach boiling temperature within 400 years.

This doesn't even have anything to do with global warming, it's just what will happen if the laws of thermodynamics are applied (which they have to be) because the earth will simply not be able to dissipate the sheer amount of heat generated by all this energy activity.

So we can't just keep growing and expanding till eternity, we have to find other solutions. The reason I'm making this thread is because /pol/ seems to have little regard for real economics, you just think that Trump will magically change the way compound interest, debt or inflation works. It won't happen guys, and I think a collapse of the industrial society is imminent.

Our current energy predicament is that we simply won't have enough capital (probably most important) or cheap energy to run Walt Disneyworld, The US Army, The Interstate Highway network, McDonald's, Walmart, Suburbia. So if you haven't already, prepare! Because people won't wake up to reality and understand that the world we live in is crazy, not normal.
>>
>>139897208
take it to the higherups not a bunch of people living with their parents
>>
>>139897468
ayyyyy booooyz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-jQjEdK9w
>>
>>139897208
You're retarded.

>a problem exists
>we do not currently have a great solution to that problem
>NO SOLUTION WILL EVER BE POSSIBLE PREPARE FOR INEVITABLE COLLAPSE

Stop trying to predict the future. You do not have the capacity.
>>
Population is the main driver of growth. Demographers already show that we are reaching a stable point in our population, I think humanity will manage just fine.
>>
File: 1498316869166.png (561KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498316869166.png
561KB, 600x600px
>>139897208
So what you're saying is... buy bitcoin?
>>
>>139897615
isn't it important for our civilization at some point to be able to predict the future and stop problems from happening before they even happen?
>>
File: 1468642977109.jpg (170KB, 948x676px) Image search: [Google]
1468642977109.jpg
170KB, 948x676px
Don't worry there won't be much energy consumption outside of Greater Israel in a hundred years.
>>
>>139897208
>implying we will still be confined to Earth in 400 years
Seriously, don't reproduce.
>>
The Fed needs at least 2% growth to "control the economy". If deflation starts the shit runs away from them. Honestly.
>>
>>139897615
basically this
when we start seeing these problems and if they are severe enough we will find a way to stop it, and we will stop it
>>
>>139897768
Not in a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>139897615
I said at the end. I believe that people will not wake up to reality and understand that the case I made is a real problem. And that's why people should prepare for collapse. Seriously, give me one solution to the massive debt problem, give me a solution for the coming scarcity of capital. You just can't, and that's why we need to prepare for the collapse. Because nobody will ever wake up, and the people at the top who are perpetuating this crisis will never stop either, because they are the profiteers.
>>
>>139897208
Here's the source, by the way. Should probably have added it in the thread.

https://marcgawley.com/2012/04/12/earth-to-reach-boiling-point-in-400-years/
>>
>>139897729
Buy bitcoin yes, and lose them all when the internet will be too expensive to run.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.