[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.sltrib.com/pb/news/2017/ 08/31/utah-nurse-arreste

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (32KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32KB, 262x200px
http://www.sltrib.com/pb/news/2017/08/31/utah-nurse-arrested-after-complying-with-hospital-policy-that-bars-taking-blood-from-unconscious-victim

What would you do if you were this nurse?

>Cop asks you to draw blood from unconscious patient
>You don't want to violate HIPAA and lose your job so you refuse
>Dragged to jail

What's legal here? Or can HIPAA save you if you did it just so you didn't get arrested? Right now she keeps her job, would she have kept it if she obeyed?
>>
I would strip search the nurse she might have weapons or be a suicide risk.
>>
>>139865222
What would you take off first? Important question.
>>
>>139865132
If she'd complied with the officer she would have been opening herself to termination from her job, a lawsuit from the unconscious man for violating his rights as a patient, and potential criminal liability.

By not complying she gets to keep her job and potentially sue the city and the arresting officer, and all it cost her was a night in a jail cell.
>>
>>139865800
her shoes and socks, then id sniff them to see if they smell like drugs or whatever
>>
>>139866130
This. The city's fucked.
>>
>>139866207
footfags pls go
>>
>>139865132
Pretty odd you can obstruct an investigation, by NOT doing something.
FTP
>>
>>139865132
Based on the information available it seems that the nurse was correct in this situation, and no the cops. In all likelihood, if she complied with the request of the cops that went against company policy and possibly law, she would have lost her job and would have had a difficult time being employed elsewhere.
>>
>>139865132
>>139866130
Yep, I agree with this.
She'd be in a whole ton more shit for violating HIPAA
>>
>>139865132
Honestly cop was in the wrong, but her screaming like a 4 year old was over the top
I guarantee this will end with a lawsuit against the police department
>>
>>139866130
^^^What this guy said.

American cops are showing them selves to be grossly incompetent.
>>
>>139865132
>>139866130
>lose your job so you refuse
>neet retards
Pretty sure complying with police order would not cost you a job even if their request was unlawful. All you need to do is to make a official complaint afterwards.

Don't understand why white niggers and white trash doesn't understand that you don't argue with police. You comply and get them fired afterward.
>>
>>139866130

If it's illegal than what compells a cop to order blood tests from an unconscious guy? Is he rogue?
>>
>>139866958
>Don't understand why white niggers and white trash doesn't understand that you don't argue with police. You comply and get them fired afterward.

Police officers normally keep their jobs here.
>>
>>139866854
>like a 4 year old

I don't understand why you would even bring age into it. Should there even be such a thing for people as a right way to accept going to a jail cell? John Wayne wouldn't stand for this shit
>>
>>139866854
>be nurse
>get forced to lose your job
>get forced to be arrested and lose your job

Don't blame her for screaming for help. Cops were trying to break the law one way or another and she was the victim. Who the fuck do you think is supposed to help in that situation? The police? lol
>>
>>139866262
no.
The tax payers are fucked.
the city and pd are fine.
and it will happen again, and again.
>>
>>139865132
HIPAA is a very serious thing mang. She was completely in the right
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.