[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT give an argument either for or against free speech. Please

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: free speech.jpg (56KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
free speech.jpg
56KB, 1000x744px
ITT give an argument either for or against free speech. Please indicate your position, and then write out a reasoned defense on your position.
>>
1st Amendment much? You degenerate
>>
File: Sam_Hyde.jpg (15KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Hyde.jpg
15KB, 233x267px
How about fuck you?

You know which field your favorite spice goes.
>>
File: Leaf.jpg (56KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf.jpg
56KB, 564x752px
>>139792535
>>
>>139792510
>1st Amendment
Not an argument

>>139792535
>fuck you?
Not an argument.
>>
>>139792332

You can say whatever you want to, but expect some repercussions for it. If you go to a bar and call another mans girl a whore, expect a fight. If you go upto some marines and disrespect the corp, expect a fight. If you march into people's neighborhoods and start preaching about how you want all nonwhites, jews and lgbt forcefully removed, expect a fight.
>>
>>139792332
I wouldn't have the opportunity to sit here talking about it, if it weren't for the principle of free speech: I'm glad to have it.
>>
>>139792698
Thanks for the sage pic, anon!

/sage
>>
>>139792833
>You can say whatever you want to, but people should be able to fight you if you get in their faces, uninvited, and they don't like what you say.
So the law shouldn't be involved in these cases? E.g. you call a man's woman a whore, and he slogs you, should the government let that man off the hook? If so, why?

>>139793118
>Free speech is a principle I have
>Therefore free speech is a principle I should have
Don't see how that follows.
>>
It's nice to see a thread that was started with probably actually good intentions, thanks OP.
Any speech not directly advocating violence should not be banned. The speech of the ignorant and hateful will be drowned out by well reasoned, rational conversation and education.
Banning speech, even within the context of society and not government, allows for the nefarious activities of government agencies to go unchecked by the population. Scrutiny of leadership and institutions is of the utmost importance.
Anyone is a fool who believes those in power care about the commoner.
>>
>>139793689

I never said anything about the legality of it. All I said was that we humans are imperfect beings. If someone is verbally attacking you and your loved ones, most people would resort to violence. True free speech where you can say whatever you want with no repercussions doesn't exist and will never exist.
>>
File: 49db4fd980631.jpg (24KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
49db4fd980631.jpg
24KB, 450x450px
>>139792332
For free speech.
The Bill of Rights.
/thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.