[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Oman a peaceful anomaly compared to other countries in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: oman.png (28KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
oman.png
28KB, 1200x600px
Why is Oman a peaceful anomaly compared to other countries in the Middle East? Is it Ibadi islam?
>>
They're not retarded unlike their neighbors they have a monarch loved by the masses, and everybody is rich af

Based Oman.
>>
They don't have much oil so no reason for the US to bring them freedom and democracy.
>>
>>139715859
But their geographic position is interesting to say the least
>>
File: 1503921566062s.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1503921566062s.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>139716304
Yemen is next to Oman - spelling YO in short. That's how I remember!
>>
Because they are ibadi's.
>>
>>139713050
Due to adherence to Ibadism - majority of population , they are historically isolated from the rest of Middle East. Most of the Sunni regard them as heretics, despite the Islamic shills in /pol/ will deny it.

They are still Muslims - there is no ""moderates"" . They just don't have Ibadis abroad to carry out proxy operations if they wanted.
>>
>>139713050
fun fact: the sultan is a closeted gay
>>
>>139713050
They have a form of islam which is not sunni nor shia.
>>
>>139719757
hes /fa/ as fuck though
>>
>>139713050
Yes. It's Ibadism.
>>
>>139713050
You've just answered your own question OP.
>>
>>139716662
pure autism Geordy.
>>
>>139720298
Question for you Mohammed. From my understanding Ibadism is as strict as Wahhabism minus the head chopping part, and is in general live and let live in their beliefs. Can you give us a rundown on the differences; why are they considered heretical?
>>
>>139717166
>Most of the Sunni regard them as heretics, despite the Islamic shills in /pol/ will deny it.
From my understanding Ibadis were basically group of muslims who wished to stay neutral in the islamic shism.

What is interesting the regime is Oman is relativly liberal to other souronding countries.
>>
>>139713722
>and everybody is rich af
Not true at all.
>>139715859
It's not their oil that interests the West. It's their willingness to "co-operate". It's a fair assumption that they (the Monarchy) gets a lot of Western tax-payer's $$$ and fuck all to do with religion.

On the whole, they're a relaxed people and very but still very religious.
>>
>>139720670
They believe the Quran was created by god. Unlike Sunni and Shia it's unnecessary to have a caliph or an imam to rule the Muslims world instead they believe muslims communities can take care of each other.
You can read more there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_Sunni,_Shia_and_Ibadi_Islam
>>
>>139720766
>Oman is relatively liberal to other souronding countries.
Yes, relatively still.
>Homosexual acts are illegal in Oman.[62] The practice of torture is widespread in Oman state penal institutions and has become the state's typical reaction to independent political expression.[63][64] Torture methods in use in Oman include mock execution, beating, hooding, solitary confinement, subjection to extremes of temperature and to constant noise, abuse and humiliation.[63] There have been numerous reports of torture and other inhumane forms of punishment perpetrated by Omani security forces on protesters and detainees.
>The law prohibits criticism of the Sultan and government in any form or medium.[67] Oman's police do not need search warrants in order to enter people's homes.[67] The law does not provide citizens with the right to change their government.
More to continue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oman#Human_rights
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.