[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

serious question from Texas: why is the US military in Afghanistan?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 147053776619.jpg (27KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
147053776619.jpg
27KB, 500x268px
serious question from Texas: why is the US military in Afghanistan? what are they doing?

the Taliban did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>139697251
Joos sent them
>>
>>139697251
protecting poppy fields while afghan military rapes little boys
>>
something something cold war beef
>>
File: 1472619990476.jpg (140KB, 736x925px) Image search: [Google]
1472619990476.jpg
140KB, 736x925px
>>139697251

The Taliban were a group of both Afghan and non-Afghan fighters who took over the country after the Soviets left, but their rule was not uncontested. The Northern Alliance fought them for years, and when the Taliban refused to give up Bin Laden, the US helped the Northern Alliance and a shitload of the Afghan tribes to drive out the Taliban.

The Taliban weren't elected, they had no mandate to run that country, and now Afghanistan has an elected government. You can say the elections were unfair or that they are puppets or whatever the fuck, but both the president and 'chief executive' (the guy who lost the election) were definitely voted for by the majority of the country.

The US presence there is because they asked for it. A tribal 'Loya Jirga' vote was held around 2015, and the tribal elders of the country voted overwhelmingly to keep a force of US troops there and sign a long term status of forces agreement. If the Taliban takes over, not only will all those people be fucked over and lose all their rights, but Afghanistan will once again become a safe haven for our enemies to work against us.

Believe what you want. I for one think the Taliban needs to be destroyed, and the sooner Pakistan gets on board with the plan the better.
>>
>>139697251
they are growing drugs and stealing minerals
i sound like a fucking skitz
>>
>>139699656
This, we are protecting US intrests abroad. The US in an empire and we engage in imperial war like all other empires.

The wars for muh israel shit is a huge meme spread by pussies who were to weak to enlist.
>>
>>139699656
Basically this.

I'll add that the Taliban were primarily funded by the US and Saudi Arabia (Bin Laden) while they were driving out the USSR. Currently their funding and manpower comes from Pakistan and possibly US defense contractors via Saudi Arabian/Pakistani channels.

After the USSR and US abandoned Afghanistan post Cold War, Pakistan took the opportunity to try and seize power in Afghanistan in order to exploit their oil reserves and build a pipeline to India. The President that was elected agreed to the pipeline but with the lion's share of funds staying in Afghanistan. Pakistan backed out and has been funding terror attacks in the region since.

>tl;dr We are fighting a proxy war funded by factions within Pakistan/Pakistani Intelligence
>>
>>139703470
I always wondered exactly how invading Afghanistan benefited Israel in any way. Afghanistan is not even in the Middle East.
>>
File: 20170715_135709.jpg (151KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_135709.jpg
151KB, 600x458px
>>139697251
Securing the heroin trade, and business is booming. Also scoping out some rare earths for Elon Musk.
>>
File: 1463155387589.png (538KB, 849x833px) Image search: [Google]
1463155387589.png
538KB, 849x833px
>>139705406
All lands are the property of the talmudic master rats, you stupid goy.
>>
>>139699656
Country is a strong word fora tribal wasteland no one else wants to rule. Also we need to replace the warlords who like to grow opium instead of being allies.
>>
>>139699656
>this is what amerisharts actually believe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.