[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get a philosophy thread going it's been a while

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Painting_of_David_Hume.jpg (218KB, 461x567px) Image search: [Google]
Painting_of_David_Hume.jpg
218KB, 461x567px
Let's get a philosophy thread going it's been a while since I've seen one.
>>
Bump because I'm actually interested in what people have to say.
>>
>>139587377
1/?

I think therefore I am.
This is evidence of reality, which we are a part of and through our experience understanding of it is possible.
Experience means the contact a living thing has with its faculties.

There is no reason to think an idea is in any way connected to a supposed material object, and taking such a position is an act of faith.
There are only two elements involved in perception: the perceiver and the perceived - in my terminology: mind and idea.
The world is idea.

Life depends on experiencing, experience depends on perceiving, perceiving depends on idea.
Similarly, idea depends on a perceiver else there is no reason to suppose it would exist.
Because of natural phenomena all idea is perceived regardless of if it being experienced. Therefore it is all-perceived and there is an all perceiving mind. For example, if you light a candle and leave the room and know for certain there is no living thing perceiving the candle you could suppose it ceases to exist until it is once again perceived, but as you re-enter the room hours later you find the candle has burned down the appropriate amount. This may at first be thought to be explained by a materialistic explanation, but that is immediately defeated by the very first conclusion of the world as idea which led us here.
Mind means a perceiving thing.
There is a metaphysic of idea.
There is a metaphysic of mind.
These are partner metaphysics. Together they form objective reality.
>>
>>139588313
2/3

In a living thing both metaphysics are present.
Idea as its body - the limits of what it can experience within idea - and its tools of perception - such as eyes, ears, the brain as 'material', all of the body constitutes the tools but highlighting these parts gets the point across.
Mind as its perceiving.
An essential part of what leads to the following line of thinking is that the material of the brain - its ideatic composition - and the body in general does not explain experience or consciousness.
Mind and idea do not explain the phenomenon of experiencing which constitutes living things.
Consciousness involves both cognisance of bodily experiences and the realm of thought.
Consciousness transcends idea and is clearly found in experiencing. Thought takes place in consciousness, not in an ideatic space.
Therefore there is experience independent of idea.
Mind alone can clearly not account for consciousness, meaning thoughts, feelings, judgements, decisions - and so there is another thing, unperceivable like mind but evidently real. This is will.
There is a metaphysic of will.
Consciousness is the union of mind and will. Which in our understanding/direct knowledge of experience is still dependent on idea.

Life cannot come from lifelessness.
Yet new life is possible because consciousness - the most 'living' part of experience - exists in some manner outside of our experience.

Life is the combination of all three metaphysics to bring about experience.
>>
>>139588347
3/3
Questions which may be asked at this point and their answers:

Q: How does the meeting of sperm and egg - an obviously ideatic process - lead to new life when life cannot come from lifelessness?
A: The mechanisms of mind and will in themselves are not knowable to us. If everything I have said so far is true and we can clearly observe new life is created thus it must happen involving all three metaphysics, the specifics of which cannot be explained beyond guesswork.

Q: If consciousness is distinct from idea, how do occurrences such as drunkenness - an ideatic phenomenon - affect it?
A: Consciousness as life experiences it is necessarily dependent on the tools of perception.

Q: Your arguments explain what we can know about reality from our own experience. Yet this experience can only prove our own existence and not that of others. Without being able to prove the existence of others experience how can you make claims about what is knowable beyond your own existence?
A: Solipsism points out the limits of human perception, not understanding. Argument from motion refutes the possibility of solipsism.

tl;dr
We can only perceive idea, not material. Therefore the world is idea.
Idea must be perceived to exist and the perceiver needs idea to exist. Therefore there is mind.
Life involves more than idea and mind alone. Therefore there is will.
Idea, mind, and will are the three metaphysics which exist.
>>
Pholosophy was invented by paedophiles who would get the youth of Athens drunk and dazzle them with bullshit and then fuck them.
It is intellectual masturbation for deviants and you should all be forced to drink hemlock.
>>
>>139588966
So practically men who can sway women? Sounds good to me.
>>
>>139590068
>little boys
Ftfy
>>
>>139590554
Noooo!!!! I didn't see that part!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.