[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone remember the social atmosphere of the 2000s and how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: cnn_180.jpg (45KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
cnn_180.jpg
45KB, 640x493px
Does anyone remember the social atmosphere of the 2000s and how paranoid everyone was, thinking that the government was gonna take away their rights and put them in FEMA camps?
How everyone was distrusting of the media and would often try to expose lies and secrets of the elite?
What happened to that time? Why do people trust the media so much now? Why are the government and celebrity idols worshipped by the average Joe?
>>
people were up bush's ass for a few years after 9/11, wasn't until around 04-05 that it started to turn.
>>
>>139480549
But why did it though? I remember how everyone was still obsessed with reptilians and hollow earth theories and such, with the occasional redpill mentioned
Why did people become so trustful and naive in the 2010s? It all happened so fast!
>>
>>139480357
>What happened to that time?
8 years of king nigger without proper accountability. MSM is nothing but a propaganda now.
>>
Nobody ever talks about the (((banks))) anymore either.
>>
File: Chivalry.jpg (35KB, 580x277px) Image search: [Google]
Chivalry.jpg
35KB, 580x277px
I remember all of them. Peak Oil, 2012, financial Armageddon, ww3... Nothing ever happens. Somethings happen every month. Like Russia/Nato flying close to each other to check response times. Or North Korea testing a missile. There are "happening" threads daily.
>>
>>139480803

i think social media fried a lot of brains. hateful loners such as myself were immune.
>>
File: 1491228120156.jpg (44KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491228120156.jpg
44KB, 620x320px
Oh, I member Alex talking about FEMA deathcamps
>>
Occupy happened.
>>
>>139480357
This is a misconception, people are more redpilled than ever. It is just that the media and the establishment have become nervous about their suddenly critical voter/consumer base that they are now in full shill mode, pretending they are in the right/majority. To further that image they keep pushing useful loudmouthed idiots into the spotlight, creating a global echo chamber where any dissenting voice is attacked and silenced by all means available. You didn't notice this earlier because people on the internet where not as heavily polarized before, since nobody felt the need to declare himself to be either pro establishment or against.

The establishment currently has something that in Germany is called "Deutungshoheit", i.e. the monopoly on the ability to declare what is truth and what is a lie. They are losing that ability. Hence the increasingly panicky reactions.
>>
I figured it was obvious enough that all (((they))) really need to retain as much power for as long as they can now that people are more informed and aware is to drown us in chaos so that it's too unclear to tell what is right or wrong, what is important and what isn't and to ultimately bore us into apathy for the world and our people through mindless memeing and constant usage of divide and conquer.
>>
>>139480357
Americans don't fucking trust the media for shit, dude.
What you're seeing on plebbit and other sites is literally paid shills. Look at the polls for trust in the media, it's pathetic. No one is buying what they're selling.
>>
no one trusts the media get out of your liberal bubble.

liberals trust it because they say mean things about le drumpf and it reinforces their confirmation bias. basically msm has become the left equivalent of fox and fox has become the good guy half the time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.