[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: think.gif (37KB, 388x394px) Image search: [Google]
think.gif
37KB, 388x394px
Once scientific advancements have eliminated the need for sleep, will the average man be expected to work 20+ hours per day?

At what point do we say "NO" to scientific research to preserve a dignified way of life?
>>
>>139418315
When we kill all the jews.
>>
>>139418315
You can't eliminate the need for sleep without inducing serious psychological defects. Such defects would turn the entirety of mankind into a feudal bloodbath devoid of reason or capability of supporting an economic system at all.

So yeah, if you want to try it, I'm game.
>>
File: charlottesville.jpg (129KB, 1000x1318px) Image search: [Google]
charlottesville.jpg
129KB, 1000x1318px
>>139418315
>tfw since I was a kid I always had to sleep more than others needed
>tfw end up liking sleeping
>leting science take that away from like that

Would have 24 hours a day to plan a revenge on whateaver created this "advancement".
>>
Work conditions now are better than they've ever been.

If you were born before we farmed, you worked 24/7 to hunt and gather enough food.

If you were born before machines and industry, you worked 24/7 in order to obtain enough food for you to eat and for your lord to sell.

If you were born before the 20th century, you worked 24/7 in factories.

Humans aren't designed to have so much free time as what we have in the modern era. Why do you think depression and anxiety are skyrocketing? It's because people have too much time to think.
>>
>>139418933
Yes it's impossible now, but we don't know what the future has in store. We're in an age of exponential societal advancement, things are changing and improving too fast for society to keep up.

It's within the realm of reason that in the future, some lab or firm develops a "treatment" that can get rid the need of sleep for little or no side effects. This treatment will be lobbied HARD, be subsidized by the government for no upfront cost by taxpayers, and will soon become a societal norm. "What, you haven't got the NoSleep vaccine yet? Are you a pedophile/terrorist/thug/tinfoiler?" This will pave the way for it to become "encouraged" by employers, and one day required to even land a job.

What then?
>>
>>139418315
Never going to be possible

Let me explain: Our own body's energy currency which is Adenosine Triphosphate fuels every cell and organ, including our 5 senses. Sleep shuts down the senses and puts those senses into a higher threshold which conserves ATP, when the senses are constantly active, your ATP is continuously drained, your ANS (Autonomic Nervous System) requires ATP for heartbeat and lung function.

There are some rare cases of people who can't sleep. And those are due to abnormal functions in their body which are anomalies.
>>
>>139419349
The "get-anxious-because-too-much-free-time" gene will eventually be selected against naturally.

This phenomenon exists ONLY because evolution is orders of magnitude slower than technological advancement, but it will catch up in due time.
>>
>he fell for the 'civilization' meme

Varg is wrong about a lot of things but where he's spot the fuck on is our need to get back to our rural roots. City life is dehumanizing.
>>
File: IMG_1013.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1013.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>>139420072
>>
>>139420174
Just because your country was fucking shit at it doesn't mean the rest of us are you potatonigger.
>>
>>139420072
I agree, it's extremely draining.

I don't know if rural life is the correct way. Being too isolated from the rest of the world comes with its own problems.

I feel the suburban model combines the best of both worlds.

Now that Internet is commonplace and most "information workers" only need their computers to get shit done, the entire concept of a 9-5 butt-in-seat job has one leg in the grave
>>
File: town vermont.jpg (73KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
town vermont.jpg
73KB, 450x320px
>>139420603
Suburbia is the worst of both worlds. Strip mall upon strip mall of hideous chain stores, every house in the entire suburb looks exactly the same because they were all built at the exact same time by the same Jewish contractor, yet everyone stays in the side their entire fucking lives watching Netflix and other trash, only leaving for the occasional Walmart or Olive Garden trip. Fucking sickening.

I don't mean 'alone' by rural, I mean towns.
>>
>>139419577
I understand the biological need, but surely it's possible that pharma and BME advancements will replicate this behavior without needing to actually sleep?
>>
>>139420072
It's been proven to cause mental illness. We're not meant to be in such confined spaces, with so many people and little nature to be around.
>>
>>139421174
>towns
I see, in that case I agree. Small towns with culture are very nice.
>>
>>139418315
>At what point
boi, medicine is advanced enough at this point to create traps/trannies, shit's pretty banged yo
>>
>>139418315
>he doesn't have the HD 60 fps gif
>>
>>139421686
One day there will be a government regulation system for trannies.

When they're ready, a person on hormones must appear before a jury of their peers and be judged of their "passability", and they will gain the legal right to call themselves a "tranny" only after passing the test
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.