[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading is so unfulfilling. I feel like I need to read shitloads

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1501527804534.jpg (217KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
1501527804534.jpg
217KB, 960x925px
Reading is so unfulfilling. I feel like I need to read shitloads of boring as fuck books or else I'm a pleb or pseudointellectuals will call me a pleb. I decided to read five extremely important books and then tell myself to forget this feeling forever. The books are the republic (read and liked), brothers Karamazov (read and disliked), war and peace (at about p60 and it's good), great expectations (40 % through and it's shit), and a tale of two cities (will probably be shit).

I hate this fucking feeling. I see fiction as entertainment, not some stupid fountain of "insights".

I should be spending my time doing practical stuff or learning stem stuff, not reading myself stupid. Everything feels like work.

To summarise, I simply don't have the balls to follow my own intuitions and tastes, even though I genuinely believe in them. And even after the five books it won't end. Dickens is boring shit but he has tonnes of boring books you'll be called a pleb for not reading. The Idiot is on my shelf and I will give it a fair shot but not have the balls to give up if it becomes boring.
>>
>>139333458
How many books have you read?
>>
>>139333458

You could read books about mathematics/physics/chemistry/biology/etc. instead.
>>
File: pol books 11 - may 2016.jpg (460KB, 1023x1021px) Image search: [Google]
pol books 11 - may 2016.jpg
460KB, 1023x1021px
>>139333458

Just read books you want to read. Like yourself I'm not a fan of 'wasting' time with fiction either ...
But, when I get tired of reading the dry, factual stuff, I'll usually turn to historical accounts (reading 'Mossad' and 'A Handful of Hard Men' (about Rhodesia) at the moment.)

whatever you do, don't stop reading like some fucking degenerate would.
>>
>>139333458

It does get a lot easier and a lot more fulfilling as you read more, you see connections between things/ideas and how they relate and it's absolutely fascinating but if you don't have the character for it then don't waste your time or feel too bad.
Just also don't think that you have great opinions or insights into things.
>>
i can"t read because i lack the concentration needed these days, but it's the best thing to structure your mind and think correctly. especially if you want to be a redpilled person, you won't find the right thought processes in today's media, you need to read stuff from at least the XIXth century.otherwise you'll always fall in the edgy kid category with your extreme opinions
>>
For me, I have a problem with books not getting to the fucking point. Most written books can be halved in length.

Think of those books with a guy in a setting such as sitting in a diner or a park bench, and he's sitting there doing his thing as the narrator, giving a description of the setting, atmosphere, who walks by, and then finally tells the long-ass story leading up to the present event. But it took page after page to finally begin the flashback of a story, and you gotta pay attention to compare and contrast the present setting and the flashback story, but it's too fucking boring to care. Just tell me your story, old man.
>>
File: uterus.jpg (160KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
uterus.jpg
160KB, 420x420px
>>139333458
You misspelled 3 words in your post...you aint reed much
>>
File: 1466867584227.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1466867584227.png
22KB, 804x743px
Stop reading books. You should not shape your world view by someone's thoughts but your own.
>>
>>139336933
>>139337051
Those two posts is what happens when you feed your kids amphetamines and give them access to phones when they are too young. You get people incapable to focus for more than 30 seconds, who are so self centered they believe they know everything.
Read a book you fucking niggers.
>>
>>139333458
Stop posting pasta. You're not even Italian.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.