[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

California is trying to craft a new law that could jail some

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: california-flag.jpg (91KB, 602x401px) Image search: [Google]
california-flag.jpg
91KB, 602x401px
California is trying to craft a new law that could jail someone for not using the "correct" gender pronouns. I'm not a atty but it doesn't seem such a law could survive in usa.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/27/california-moves-jail-people-refuse-use-transgender-pronouns/
>>
i honestly think that that misses the point copletely. I do think that everyone should be the gender they think they are but i do not see the point in this. it only will confuse and trigger people imo. i dont even know if most trans, bi and dunno genders will like this.
>>
Soon it will be a hate crime to refuse to have sex with a transwoman's pus and hair filled fuck hole.
>>
>>139268070
Canada 2.0, all praise!
>>
You can be fined $250,000 in NY for not calling people ‘ze’ or ‘hir,’ if that’s the pronoun they demand that you use
http://archive.is/PMWtr

Transgender inmates in California demanding bras and make-up
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/29/californias-transgender-inmates-may-soon-have-bras-cosmetics/
>>
Really how hard is it to use someone's preferred gender? This is just being a decent human being
>>
It will literally be struck down in the Supreme Court.
>>
>it doesn't seem such a law could survive in usa
Of course it couldn't. But seeing how California is Yurope Lite, it'll do just fine.
>>
>>139269446
>lite

Most European countries have less restrictive gun laws than CA
>>
File: 1431814647173.jpg (32KB, 605x146px) Image search: [Google]
1431814647173.jpg
32KB, 605x146px
>>139269634
>Europe is Commiefornia Lite
>>
>>139268070
It wont survive a supreme court challenge and a challenge only requires one person to say fuck you California and sue the state. It is a clear violation of the First Amendment so dont worry about it. And it CA so who the fuck cares? The state will end up killing itself eventually.
>>
>>139269368
Bait
>>
File: Superhero.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Superhero.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
Say you have a guy at your work named Bob but he wants to be called "Captain Supremo". After a few weeks of you calling him "Bob" i'm breaking the law? Legally I should be able to call him "shit-for-brains"..
>>
>>139270889
You can call him bob, but you can't call him "he" "him" "it" "she"...
Which is arguably even more retarded.
>>
>>139269368
how hard is it for you to just get into the fucking helicopter.
>>
>>139268070

If I lived in California, I'd purposefully break this law, and try to get arrested over breaking it, so I could have standing to challenge it in court. It's unconstitutional.
>>
>>139268070
Wtf
>>
Mate do you even law?
The proposed bill makes for healthcare workers and people working in similar institution compulsory to use new pronouns and names when they have been informed of this. It doesn't make your average joe having to do anything. If you work in a hospital/nursing home/etc, you shouldn't be causing distress to the patients/residents in any way. A part of good health care is meeting professionals that treat you with dignity and respect regardless of their personal beliefs. You can still go up to a tranny and call her/him/it a tranny. This law would not be struck down.
>>
File: 1479483149463.png (287KB, 754x956px) Image search: [Google]
1479483149463.png
287KB, 754x956px
This happened a couple days ago in California too.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/25/first-grader-sent-to-office-for-misgendering-fellow-student.html
http://archive.is/e5kbd

>A first grader at a California charter school was sent to the principal’s office this week after she accidentally “misgendered” a classmate in what’s being called a “pronoun mishap.”

>The incident occurred at Rocklin Academy, a school roiled by controversy after a kindergarten teacher led an in-class discussion on transgenderism that included a “gender reveal” for a little boy who was transitioning to a little girl. For kindergartners.

>England said the first grader was investigated by the principal to determine whether or not she had bullied the transgender child by calling him by his original name. After about an hour it was determined the little girl made an honest mistake and she was not punished or reprimanded.

>But she was terribly traumatized by the incident, England said.

#CalExit seriously needs to be a thing.
>>
File: 1399549155376.png (286KB, 601x567px) Image search: [Google]
1399549155376.png
286KB, 601x567px
>>139272835

No, faggot, that's how things are right now.

If passed, it would extend beyond just healthcare workers and would absolutely affect your "average Joe", if not directly through this law, then as a slippery slope later on. We've seen it before.

>The law is currently limited in its effects to nursing homes and intermediate-care facilities, but if passed, those who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” could be slapped with a $1,000 fine and up to one year in prison, according to the California Heath and Safety code. The state senate passed the bill 26-12 at the end of May. Since then, the Assembly Judiciary committee recommended the bill unanimously and the General Assembly held its first hearing on the legislation Wednesday.

>“How can you believe in free speech, but think the government can compel people to use certain pronouns when talking to others?” Greg Burt of the California Family Council testified in July. “This is not tolerance. This is not love. This is not mutual respect. True tolerance tolerates people with different views. We need to treat each other with respect, but respect is a two-way street. It is not respectful to threaten people with punishment for having sincerely held beliefs that differ from your own.”

>Experts argue it is “pretty unlikely that, if this law is enacted, such prohibitions would be limited just to this [nursing home] scenario,” UCLA First Amendment scholar Eugene Volokh told National Review. Volokh speculates that lawmakers chose to apply the bill to nursing homes not because there is an overabundance of transgender seniors in the state, but because the demographic group is likely to garner sympathy.

>The body is also considering mandatory transgender training programs for companies that have more than 50 employees, CBS Sacramento reported.
>>
>>139273385
Just nuke us.
I live in LA, I'll take one for the team.
>>
Honestly, this might push too hard against the passivity of white people in cali. Like to the point to start working with illegal beans to glass city halls. I honestly don't see people putting up with this much longer, the need to cater to .6% of the ENTIRE us pop. Would be like making laws for Asians that if you mislabeled them as jap or china, you get fined.
>>
>>139275253
pretty sure repeatedly calling someone Korean if their are Chinese or Japanese is some kind of hate crime if prosecuted creatively
>>
>>139275986
Uh no, you could try and get a trial going for calling them slurs, or even wrong slurs, but the case would drop shut due to supreme court saying that there is no such thing as hate speech under the 2nd amnd. It's only until you incite any physical harm to them does it get illegal, or any sense of verbal harm (ie : i'm going to kill you, chink; the kill part is illegal) .
>>
>>139276458
>2nd amnd
Turn in your fucking citizenship.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.