[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every genealogy in the Bible is patriarchal, but the Jews reckon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1455493965234.png (11KB, 420x387px) Image search: [Google]
1455493965234.png
11KB, 420x387px
Every genealogy in the Bible is patriarchal, but the Jews reckon their genealogies matriarchally.
>>
I would be afraid of Jewesses too
>>
>>139197116
Well, yeah. The modern Jews are all Khazars, not Semites.
>>
File: 503529184298.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
503529184298.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>139197627
That's only the so-called Ashkenazim, according to my understanding. The Sephardim (darker Spanish Jews) are legit people spoken of in the Bible, but they are also not the Israelites. The ancient Israelites clearly were more concerned with patriarchal lineages, whereas today's Jews -- both Aschkenazi and Sephardi -- are more concerned with matriarchal descent. Also note that in the Bible it is commanded to the Israelites that their men not cover their heads in the temple (whereas Israelite women are specifically commanded TO cover their heads) -- Jewish men wear the kippah in synagogue.
>>
>>139197116
The entirety of Judaism is based on sacrifice. Either human or animal. Aside from a few chicken flingers the Jews haven't sacrificed for two thousand years.
>>
>>139197542
THIS
>>
>>139198329

speaking of the kippah

whats the functional purpose? is it to cover a bald spot? i dont get it.
>>
>>139201248
You want an actual answer?
>>
Patriarchal but matrilineal
>>
>>139201248
They have sharpened rims.All Jews are secretly Oddjob.
>>
>>139203732
Fuck does this even mean
>>
>>139204036
Which tribe you descend from is determined by your father but if you're Jewish or not is determined by your mother.
>>
>>139204137
That doesn't answer OPs question. Why if the Bible is patrilineal do Jews operate matrilinealy
>>
I think it's because women are/were responsible for the religious upbringing of infants as part of their domestic gender role. Men led strictly public lives and did not concern themselves with the rearing of children until they came of age.

I think it"s only rabbinical, diaspora Jews that do this though. Karaite Jews (strictly follow the old testament and have always lived in Palestine/Israel) are still patrilineal.
>>
>>139204199
They had a big problem with Jewish men taking non-Jewish wives which left a lot of women being forced to remain unmarried or marrying non-jews. Rabbis came up with the idea that you had to marry a Jewish women if you wanted Jewish children.
>>
>>139197116
It's because you always know who the mother is. The father not so much.
>>
>>139197116
yeah, i've read King Jesus too
>>
>>139197627
No Jews are Khazars. That's been completely debunked. Ashkenazim are descendants of a middle eastern founder population that settled in Europe. Say it with me:
>>
>>139207164
Khazars are not Jews.

Black Hebrew Israelites are not Jews.

Jews are Jews.
>>
>>139197116
apart from the Cohen branch, where the High Priest gene is carried on the Y chromosome... all the way back to the first temple. Made it to my grandma's mum, but lost the race to fertilise the egg
>>
>>139209401
Levy as well
>>
>>139200191
Except for, you know, all those kids they drained the blood from throughout history.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.