[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you grow out of your atheist phase? I was about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 1502636900410.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1502636900410.png
7KB, 112x112px
At what age did you grow out of your atheist phase?
I was about 20 or so. Realized following the Bibles teachings result in a much better society. Too great to not be divine.

How about you guys?
>>
>>138998858
At 22, basically born in a catholic family, most of my family members agnostic, me not christian, started to realize that atheism didn't make that much sense, learned about Christianity, then Islam, then turned towards Islam.
>>
I am 33 and I've been an atheist since I was 16. Still an atheist.
>>
>>138998858
Same here by my early 20s
>>
>>138998858
i was a devout christian until i went to college. 2nd year in college it started breaking down. by the age of 25 i stopped believing in god.
>>
>>138998858
What age did you stop licking dog shit & start actually eating it ?
>>
>>138998858
I'm Jewish. So.... ya.
>>
Islam helps muslims too dumbass. Not humanity, but it helps their shitty race.

It's keeping their birthrates at insanely high rates so that they have a potential to take over in spite of their garbage IQ

Religions evolve because communities follow religions that help them prosper, do well and propagate their culture and genes. And religions that aren't helpful die with their population.

It isn't a miracle the two biggest religions are nearly identical, one just being stuck in the stone age

You absolute fuckin brainlets
>>
>>138998858

I think society is far better religious however I'm still an athiest
>>
File: 1501202110723.jpg (22KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1501202110723.jpg
22KB, 377x377px
>>138999057
>>
Around 15/16 in highschool.

I still cringe when people buy the "being atheist is scientific and smart" agenda.
>>
>Following a dead arab kike result in a much better society

You're almost as bad as the kikes, but a lot dumber
>>
>>138999718
Gas yourself
>>
>>138998858
I'm 20 and I still don't reallly "belive" but I try to live by the ideology of the bible in my private life cause most of it is pretty reasonable stuff. I don't think governments should be religious tho
>>
>>139000266
>most of it is pretty reasonable

Anything reasonable in Abrahamic religion is copy pasted from pagan traditions predating that kike fuckery
>>
>forgets bibles teachings resulted in the Dark Ages
kys christcuck
>>
File: 1498963794406.jpg (86KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498963794406.jpg
86KB, 700x600px
>>138998858
I'm 23 right now. Stopped believing in God pretty soon as I graduated high school. Now more of an Apatheist. I simply can't reconcile the philosophical inconsistencies with the idea of a "perfect" God, but I agree that a Christian nation is likely more sustainable than an Atheist one.
>>
>>138998858

28, still atheist. Christianity drove Europe into stagnation and only after people stopped thinking that the bible was useful for anything but spiritual matters (the enlightenment), Europe took over the entire planet and was responsible for 99.9% of all advancements since.
>>
>>139000116
Honestly, I'd say young earth creationism and evangelical protestants are solely responsible for causing this public opinion to come about.

Those sects are absolutely retarded. The earth is not 5000 years old & evolution is a widely observed and agreed upon phenomenon.

Why isn't it possible to reconcile these aspects of science with one's faith? Shit, even the Catholic Church is on board at this point.
>>
>>139000461
nah, that was churches teachings
>>
>>138998858
I was an atheist in my 20s. The Eucharist is the final redpill
>>
>>138999057
>then Islam, then turned towards Islam.
fuck off Mohammed
>>
>Christian more sustainable than atheist

Because previous Christian nations have been so sustainable, right?
>>
>>139000796
>Eucharist
>Redpill

Pick one
>>
>>138998858
Christian until 13 began questioning it after my grandfather died. Became atheist at about 17, became agnostic at about 19. Still agnostic, at 25. I think we are a simulation honestly.
>>
File: 1503317630733.jpg (45KB, 361x370px) Image search: [Google]
1503317630733.jpg
45KB, 361x370px
>>138998858
Atheist here who loves religion because it keeps idiots in check.
I pretend I'm religious to gain the trust of others.
I'm basically on the same level as a pastor at any church desu
>>
File: 1473444633192.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1473444633192.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>138998858
>it's an "obvious atheist pretends to be religious because he thinks it will fix society" episode
>>
>>139000845
My Islamic name is Ismael, not Muhammad lol
>>
File: dont trip.gif (4MB, 1000x784px) Image search: [Google]
dont trip.gif
4MB, 1000x784px
>>138998858
Believe whatever you want. all religions basically preach the same principals.
You can follow ethical and moral principals without believing in god tho. Society can be fine without believing in a supreme being that has human characteristics but isnt human lolz
>>
>>138998858
Theism is important, we've yet to out grow it.

Consder this, if our moral basis isn't from the word of god surely all morality is objective?

Man made laws can be ignored, because what gives them the right to dictate right or wrong.

however if divine in origin there isn't really anyone to argue with.

That Jesus was a very clever man
>>
>>139000116
atheist are only smart in percentage, because in quantity is just a few

>>139001107
as I care
>>
>>139001107
Go back to sandnigger land
>>
File: evropa.jpg (88KB, 384x720px) Image search: [Google]
evropa.jpg
88KB, 384x720px
Been an atheist for a few months, considering becoming a pagan.
>>
Read Edward Feser's The Last Superstition some time ago.

Now I'm a philosophical theist but sympathetic to Christianity.
>>
>>138998858

>Hey guys, how did you go back into believing in magic?
>>
>>139001323
But anon, I'm white
>>
>>139001337
>American
>flirting with paganism
LARPer
>>
>>139001337
you should do it, xtianity is for jewish christcucks
>>
baptized Roman Catholic but this commie pope needs to go along with the rest of the fags and boy-buggering degenerates in the vatican. This is what happens when you let a Jesuit run the bitch.

Jesuits are arguably just as bad as Jews
>>
>>139001434
Perhaps in France at the moment, but not a true European. Off to sandnigger land you go
>>
>>139001513
Got me there anon
>>
>>139001738
Are you a burger? I have European blood, converting to Islam didn't fucking change my DNA
>>
>>139001738
well spoken, what a fucking shitskin!
>>
>>139001261
Yep.

Jainism is literally the religion of peace and it mocks the idea of the existence of god. Jains are probably the most pacifistic and moral group of people to ever exist.
>>
>He still havent grown out of religion and -ism's
Lmaoing at you brainlets
>>
>>138998858
Around 2-3 years ago, so 29/30.
Family never talked about it much, tried to read the Bible in my teens and found it stupid and incomprehensible so I assumed religious folks were also pretty stupid.
MSM did a great job of pushing the "religion is stupid" narrative as well.
I really don't know what changed other than life experiences almost always showing me the opposite of MSM was true, and my own "signs" that I couldn't really explain logically.
I had to find my way to the creator through science and reasoning vs feels, but damn once you take that route it's like an avalanche of truth bombs.
So I follow the more metaphysical holographic universe theories than any traditional religion, but it's really all the same just from different angles.
"As above so below" is a phrase I'm fond of because of the golden ratio and fractal view of the universe, where you can essentially see the universe in a small scale playing out in your atoms and molecules to make a larger body, which then applies to us being mere cells of a larger being, and so on etc.
>>
>>138998858
When I realized evolution has no evidence. Life cant come from non-life. Also, the first organism would need a minimum perfect combination of 400-500 genes to survive. Organisms cant add new information (genes) only change them, or mutate. Also, no transitional fossils, ever.

This is all talking about MacroEvolution. MicroEvolution exists and is simply a kind of animal adapting to its environment within the confines of the genes it's always had. Example, humans adapting and re-adapting to different climates over many years.
>>
>>138998858
>How about you guys?
When I was about 32 I wanted to be less depressed and happier, thought there might be some helpful technique for personal mind control in the hindu/buddhist practices. Read through some stuff and found some simple practices that should have noticable effect within months according to their wacky claims(which also said only for the advanced). Had psychedelic experiences and felt really high in less than a week, lost my mind for a month or so. Spent a year taking it easy and making sure I wasn't just crazy, now have a different perspective on existence.
>>
>>139001261
>>139001891
>rick and morty
good lord. prove morals exist without a god
>>
>>138998858
>Realized following the Bibles teachings result in a much better society. Too great to not be divine.

If you are intelligent and rational enough to realize that such teachings result in a better society, it's reasonable to believe that such teachings are the work of men and don't need divine influence.
>>
>>139002856
>If you are intelligent and rational enough to realize that such teachings result in a better society, it's reasonable to believe that such teachings are the work of men and don't need divine influence.
Sure, but where do thoughts and ideas come from? Music and art was often thought of as being divine or otherworldly in inspiration (the muses, crossroads spirits). Reading about some of the old 'composers' mebbe Beethoven or Mozart writing down a symphony so fast that if they dropped a sheet they just grabbed a blank one for speed; or Tesla seeing 'inventions' in a dream in full detail and building it from memory. In many ways the model of ideas and thoughts and math always existing in potential form, and the mind more accessing or discovering them than creating internally.
>>
>>139001977
>So I follow the more metaphysical holographic universe theories than any traditional religion, but it's really all the same just from different angles.
Yeah, my views are mostly based on hindu/buddhist narratives, plus what you said, preceded by reading dawkins on evolution. It all fits together well enough for me.
>>
>>139002501
Once the Atheism creation story falls apart, their entire faith, belief , and religion crumbles.
>>
>>139002501
>When I realized evolution has no evidence. MicroEvolution exists
Evolution obviously exists as what you call MicroEv; adaptation of existing life. Look at dogs and wolves, humans and abo's; it can obviously make different mammal species. The origin of life is not subject to theory of evolution, it doesn't seem at all sufficient for dimorphic sexuality and other complex systems creation.
>>
>>139004865
The thing with dogs, though, is that they were selectively bred by a higher intelligence
>>
>>139005263
>is that they were selectively bred by a higher intelligence
who assumed it was their idea, and didn't think they might just be followed some kind of basic pattern/pressure subtly guiding their existence. Well, traditionally the opposite of that was the assumption, and the latter fits with my experience better.
>>
>>138998858
17 or so, mostly because of fedora wearing edgelords. I believe the universe could have been constructed by a sentient creator, but there is no way to conclusively prove it - whatever the term for that is.
>>
>>138998858
When I started learning deeper into physics then pop science
>>
>>139005770
I'm not understanding what you're saying here, humans took wolves and specifically bred them for traits they wanted to enhance, such as friendliness to people.
The Russians did this with foxes also and as they grew friendlier to people they became more dog like
>>
>>139006504
>humans took wolves and specifically bred them for traits they wanted to enhance, such as friendliness to people.
Yes, the domesticated primates domesticated canines. Where did domestication come from?
>>
File: A_Moonflower_is_Born_(26).png (337KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
A_Moonflower_is_Born_(26).png
337KB, 1366x768px
I love how the ones shitting up the thread with their fedorafaggotry are those retards with meme-flags, LARPagans, and the usual Reddit-filth, who then have the audacity to claim that others are "brainlets", despite having their assholes freely torn asunder by the Great Cock of ((Science)).
>>
>>139008897
Those with little knowledge think it is a series of destinations, rather than endless travel.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.