[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't Americans expect healthcare to be provided?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 7I4wWcT.jpg (415KB, 1928x1247px) Image search: [Google]
7I4wWcT.jpg
415KB, 1928x1247px
Why shouldn't Americans expect healthcare to be provided?

Why is having enough currency a requirement for survival for American taxpayers and their dependents?
>>
>>138856041
I've got student loans to pay off bro
>>
>>138856041
50 years ago people died from preventable things.

those things became preventable only after capitalism went too work on the medical industry.

witout that the medicine and the procedures would still be house call tier.

it costs money to make it stay afloat.
if it becomes a subsidy then it won't get enough funding.
taxes can only do so much unless you over-tax the populace.

if you over-tax the populace then they revolt.

this is the exact reason why you cannot have "universal healthcare" in the united states.

we have too many people to be able to just fix everybody for "free".
>>
>>138856553
>im a retard that took on more debt than I could handle
>that means everyone else should pay for my expenses
People like you are the argument for natural selection. Morons shouldn't be bailed out anymore than big businesses.
>>
>>138856775
>EU
>Riding the coattails of America
You're one to talk
>>
>>138856662
>US citizens should die in exchange of infinite innovation in the medical industry for the 1%

Like a lamb to the slaughter
>>
>>138856041

Because the initiation of force is evil.

If you have a right to healthcare, you have a right to initiate force. Either by forcing a doctor to work on you free of charge, or by forcing others to pay that doctor. Either way, it's a bad idea.

On a practical level, once something becomes socialized, it doesn't matter to you how much it costs. So you'll always pick the most expensive version, or at least complain if it is not provided. If you win "free gas for a year" from shell, why would you use anything but premium?

It's true that our current system is fucked, but that's only because we've made an unholy alliance between free market healthcare and government run healthcare.
>>
File: 8434eCJ.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8434eCJ.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>138856041
Because Social security (Medicaid) and Medicare alone stand (currently) at around 45 to 50% of the US gov't spending every year.

And every year, we go further and further into debt. With the expansion of Medicare via the ACA and with the stimulus packag, Obama managed to increase debt by 7.3 trillion dollars during his 8 years, more than any other president before him.

The problem with this is that at some point, just like for Greece, banks are going to want their debt money before giving us any more money. The day that happens, all US spending will be going to the banks and not to programs like Medicare / Medicaid, military or any such spending. All will be going to banks. And when that day comes, everyone loses their healthcare coverage.

.Pretty simple tbq senpai desu
>>
>>138856041
Are you asking why people have to be responsible for their own lives?

Should the state provide for food and shelter too? youll die faster without those than you will of a chronic illness.
>>
>>138856041
because most of the money goes to pay for people who have fucked their bodies over by gluttony, sloth, cigarettes, drugs, etc.
>>
>>138857209
>mommy why can't doctors cure daddy's cancer?
>your uncle bob didn't want to pay for aspirin and his fat removal
>>
>It's another america is too retarded to do healthcare because MUH TAXES episode
>>
File: 52409-Land-Budget_Mandatory[1].png (1MB, 1650x3340px) Image search: [Google]
52409-Land-Budget_Mandatory[1].png
1MB, 1650x3340px
>>138857539
Major healthcare programs accounted for 29% of the total government budget in 2016.

It accounted for 46.5% of the mandatory spending.

It's considerable, but we're not breaking our backs to provide healthcare

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52409
>>
>>138857539
>Obama managed to increase debt by 7.3 trillion dollars during his 8 years, more than any other president before him.

it was during obama's term that a lot of the wartime spending from the previous administration hit the books. the debt still increased a lot during his time, but compared to reagan/bush his administration was ironically much more of a "fiscal conservative' one, which is sad and hilarious
>>
Charge me with witchcraft, because I shit that stuff out for my company and peeps.

Fucking loser.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.