[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not religious anymore but I was raised Christian. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: reallymakesyouthink2.jpg (232KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyouthink2.jpg
232KB, 979x832px
I'm not religious anymore but I was raised Christian. I think that's where I got my pacifist views from. "Though shalt not kill" is deeply ingrained in my conscience.

How do the Christans here rationalize wanting to "kill all jews muslims and niggers"? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>138814620
"Thou shalt not kill" is actually an infamous mistranslation in the King James Version. The original text clearly states "Thou shalt not murder". And yes, there are other parts where the distinction is made, so it is indeed a mistranslation. Amazing, but true.
>>
The bible has enough holy wars and allowed killings to show that it's ok to kill depending on the circumstances. You just have to have a good reason for it.
>>
>>138814967
This
>>
File: sudoku84.jpg (78KB, 351x351px)
sudoku84.jpg
78KB, 351x351px
>>138814967
>>138815199
What about suicide? is it ever justifiable?
>>
>>138814620
>>138814967
Also consider where Yashua/Jesus commands his followers to sell their garment and buy a sword. Also consider that all of Europe would now be non-white Muslim if it were not for various wars and Crusades waged by earlier Christian believers. The Judeo-Christianity of today is not your great-grandfather's Christianity, which has been almost totally subverted. If the typical sermon of just 100 years ago were to be preached from a pulpit today, 95%+ of church leaders would denounce it.
>>
>>138815479
Sorry m8, I don't know. My personal view is that suicidal ideation is as wrong-headed as Leftist/Liberal ideation, but that assessment won't help one so afflicted. I have heard, and believe, that Yahweh/God helps those who sincerely call out to him.
>>
>>138815479
no
>>
>>138816215
What about the people that jumped from the buildings in 9/11 because the heat was too painful? Are they burning in hell now?
>>
>>138814967
wait... why didn't they become vegan by mistake then? I wonder how many people through the years pointed out : don't we kill animals?
>>
>>138816422
I would never present myself as knowing someone's eternal fate. I would hope they are not. There is always a chance for repentance before death. Further, if they are in Hell it may not solely be for committing suicide.
>>
>>138815479
Christianity says no, but the Roman way of doing it to retain your honour has never seemed like an evil act to me. Killing yourself out of unhappiness is shit, killing yourself to spite Caesar was based.
>>
>>138814620
There is different types of Christianity. Mine was all brimstone and fire. No matter what Im a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Hating niggers and jews isnt going to change that.
>>
>>138814620
That commandment only applies to people, and none of those things are people
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.