[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we end polarization? > I care about the environment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 9b7.jpg (59KB, 864x479px) Image search: [Google]
9b7.jpg
59KB, 864x479px
How do we end polarization?
> I care about the environment and like the idea of the government managing more services
> I think communism is terrible and the SJW movement is retarded
> I'm Christian, and by default, anti-Islam and Sharia law
> I still see Muslims as normal people like you and me who should be let into safer countries that don't rain burning lead on their heads
> I don't think we should let anyone from a third world country just hop the border and take money out of pity
> However, we should be compassionate and empathetic to those less fortunate at the same time
> I think homosexual rights and conflicts are an over-bloated issue that's been in the spotlight for too long
> I'm not a reactionary fascist about this
My beliefs and views are complex, but modern civilization seems to be picking two "highschool sport teams" out of multi-sided topics and pitting otherwise loving people against each other.

It will kill us all if it doesn't stop.
>>
>I'm Chistian
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>138694574
You're absolutely right, and I have no idea how to stop it. We can voice our opinions, but they're more nuanced, and therefore less interesting and harder to follow. I plan on moving somewhere quiet, far away from it all.
>>
>>138694576
>low-key wanting to move to a "sketchy" poorer country myself where the problems would at least be more practical
>>
>>138694575
Way to prove my point
>>
>>138694577
I'd like to live in Iceland. I'd live near the volcano and play chess with anyone passing by, eating my fifth fish of the day.
>>
File: Enough of this meme.jpg (23KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Enough of this meme.jpg
23KB, 512x288px
>>138694574
Things need to get worse, not much worse, but a little.

Two states create radicalism. A failing state up to the brim with misery and economic ruin will create a vacuum where militant extremists will duke it out. A state with little in the way of big problems will just create a generation of unsatisfied young adults consumed with ennui and in desperate need to give their lives purpose. This drives them to join radical groups so they can LARP.

It is apparent that the latter situation is preferable to the former, but it still muddies our discourse.
>>
cool flags, where you from
>>
>>138694671
/his/, we were having a decent discussion, so it got moved to /pol/ for some fucking reason.
>>
>>138694574
There's a lot of mistrust for others today, and it's not unjustified. You have two large groups with incompatible worldviews, that will do anything to win because conceding an inch will lose you a mile, so that makes internal dissent that much more hazardous, and people know that siding with a strong force that kind of wants what you want is more likely to bring your desired outcome than siding with a much weaker force that more closely aligns with you. So, then you're left with two sides that won't concede, and will resort to underhanded tactics like excusing terrible actions, lying, and cheating in order to keep the other side from trampling all over everything
>>
>>138694574
You sound like a typical bleeding heart liberal.

Your views aren't complex, and you're a fucking faggot.

sage
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.