[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Public Schools in America are a huge problem (former public school

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1503298420571.jpg (161KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1503298420571.jpg
161KB, 736x1104px
Public Schools in America are a huge problem (former public school history teacher here)

>huge tax burden
>incredibly ineffective
>moral vacuums
>at worst liberal indoctrination centers
>does not fix black people

/pol/ should work to create patriotic (code word for right wing) charter schools. Focus on building men and women with strong moral values, who love their country and are physically fit.

-Gym class should be hard. Fat kids must come to school for extra hours before and after until they are healthy body weight or they get kicked out of school
-American values (work ethic, thrift, patriotism, honor, respect of authority. etc) should be drilled into kids heads
-American history must be taught and kids must have a deep understanding of the constitution and the vision of our founders (enough focus on global with such a broad focus that kids don't learn anything. If anything electives for Greek and Roman:Republic-Empire)
-Grammar, typing and cursive should be taught
-Classic works of literature should be taught
-Strict dress code
-Segregate classes by gender
-Encourage students to pursue careers in trade
-Latin is mandatory, no Spanish or French
-Gays and trannies get kicked out
>>
File: 1502643572885.png (330KB, 998x998px) Image search: [Google]
1502643572885.png
330KB, 998x998px
what do you think?
>>
File: 1502646437484.png (636KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1502646437484.png
636KB, 500x629px
>>
>>138674793
>at worst liberal indoctrination centers
>at worst
>>
>>138677088
Im from the east coast so I can't say what Texas public schools are like but I would hope they aren't all run by atheist commies
>>
File: 1496354006438.png (44KB, 744x687px) Image search: [Google]
1496354006438.png
44KB, 744x687px
>>138678266
>public schools Texas
>but I would hope they aren't all run by atheist commies
Yeah, because religious nuts teaching "intelligent design" is so much better...
>>
>>138674793
>-Segregate classes by gender

As long as both classes are taught by men.
>>
>>138678752
People with Christian moral principles make better teachers than liberal atheists

Im not advocating for theology in public schools but honestly it wouldn't hurt
>>
>>138679168
I think that would be best. Men should also be paid more to teach and that would encourage better candidates to join the profession.
>>
>>138674793
sign me up, that sounds fucking awesome. i have a "dream" job in tech and would drop it in a heartbeat to make that a thing.
>>
>>138675491
>gym class should be hard
>cursive should be taught
>strict dress code
>encourage them to pursue careers in trade
>latin is mandatory
I think you should kill yourself and never post garbage like this again. Preppy schools already have pretty much all the stuff you've listed. Dont turn normal schools into them.
>>
File: mods are gods.jpg (257KB, 1920x1417px) Image search: [Google]
mods are gods.jpg
257KB, 1920x1417px
Do public schools suck? Or do people suck? I went to public school. I was pretty much the smartest kid at every school I went to. In many classes I was forbidden from raising my hand to answer a question because I always knew the answer. My father has often lamented that he didn't have the money to send me to private school, but he doesn't understand one thing:

Education is not about...education. Education is about providing an environment for personal growth. How many of the things you learned in school do you still use, or have you ever used? Very, very few. And you've probably forgotten most of it by now. But it was still important for you to sit there and listen to it, because you had to decide who you were and what you wanted to do with yourself. You had to be exposed to as much knowledge as possible so you could decide where you fit in.

I learned what interested me. Everyone learns what interests them. No matter what the curriculum, as long as it's fairly comprehensive, students are going to absorb what interests them and ignore the rest.

I remember learning how to balance a chemical equation. Pretty much had to learn that to pass Chemistry. I couldn't balance a chemical equation now, I've forgotten the formulae. I didn't care enough to remember it. But it was important that I sat through that class because now I at least have a general idea of what chemistry is all about. I may not know how to balance a chemical equation, but I know that there is such a thing as balancing a chemical equation. That's what was absorbed.

Public schools are just fine. They're providing enough information to create a learning environment. It's people who are stupid now - the mutant offspring of single mothers now comprise the majority of schoolchildren.
>>
>>138674793
>Did TA in an 'asian' school
>Now this is why I wanted to be a teacher
>Finally a full fledged teacher at a majority white school
>lost all faith in white female teachers and most students
>Got transferred to inner city school for rocking the boat
>lost all faith in the education system

I really should of just stuck to AP, CP, and Post Secondary. They were the only ones who wanted to learn.
>>
>>138680572
>people who are stupid now

Yeah thats the point, public schools need to be strong enough to shape them. They aren't.

Im not saying you can't pursue your academic interests but for the betterment of society as a whole we need to create factories to pump put better Americans.

1. Physically fit
2. Morally upright
3. Knowledge of their country, its history and especially the constitution

Public schools don't teach values and that is arguable their most important function. We need good men and women to make up this Republic so it can survive into the future
>>
>>138681389
I taught for years in an all white public school in an affluent suburban community. Even in that environment public schools still suck.

I just switched to private and hopefully its better or Im going to switch careers
>>
>>138674793
Sounds like a typical Catholic school.
>>
>>138682253
Im going for more of a Fascist style American bootcamp for kids. Education is the key to turning around this mess of a country. The future must be created.

Public schools are the reason why modern America is so liberal today...maybe not the only reason but obviously a huge contributor
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.