[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is smoking weed harmful? besides being degenerate, what does

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Why is smoking weed harmful?
besides being degenerate, what does weed do to you that your typical cigarette doesn't? What makes weed degenerate?
>>
>>138660022
It makes people lazy faggots.
>>
Either it's a tool for you or you become a tool to it

If you're a highly motivated person and use it for doing something which you might feel improve the situation or perhaps for something like sleep, that's probably more than okay. There doesn't seem to be a downside.

Also, both THC and CBC increase the processes of neurogenesis which is the production of new brain cells.
>>
>>138660611
there are a lot of downsides, there are guys constantly spamming studies in pro weed threads about this. i would link them if i had saved the links.
>>
Hippocampal Neurotoxicity of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol

"Marijuana consumption elicits diverse physiological and psychological effects in humans, including memory loss. Here we report that Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive component of marijuana, is toxic for hippocampal neurons. Treatment of cultured neurons or hippocampal slices with THC caused shrinkage of neuronal cell bodies and nuclei as well as genomic DNA strand breaks, hallmarks of neuronal apoptosis."

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/18/14/5322.short
>>
This shit again. Where the fuck are the mods to kill this stupid shit. Even the pic is the same.
>>
>>138660022
>what does weed do to you that your typical cigarette doesn't?

Holy fuck you're dumb.
>>
>>138660022
Everything is harmful
I'm about to destroy this new production I got today,rip lungs
>>
>>138660022
weed isn't bad but the culture and communist degeneracy it leads to is. make no mistake, it is a tool of jewish destruction of the west. name a pothead who isn't some leftwing faggot. you can't.
>>
Regional Brain Abnormalities Associated With Long-term Heavy Cannabis Use

"These results provide new evidence of exposure-related structural abnormalities in the hippocampus and amygdala in long-term heavy cannabis users and corroborate similar findings in the animal literature. These findings indicate that heavy daily cannabis use across protracted periods exerts harmful effects on brain tissue and mental health."

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/482744
>>
It makes people fatter and too content with trivial and unproductive sources of pleasure. Someone can conceivably overcome these things by being either brilliant or somehow extremely disciplined despite their drug use, but both are unlikely in general.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x224px
>>138660611
>Also, both THC and CBC increase the processes of neurogenesis which is the production of new brain cells.

this is why you shouldn't smoke it I guess. Look how fucking gulable this idiot anon is.
Throw a scientific term in and stoners will believe ANYTHING.
>>
>>138660094
This
>>
Smoking Too Much Cannabis Causes Dopamine Deficits In The Brain

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/smoking-too-much-dope-causes-dopamine-deficits-brain/
>>
Cannabis Use Is Quantitatively Associated with Nucleus Accumbens and Amygdala Abnormalities in Young Adult Recreational Users

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/34/16/5529.short?sid=e2567e76-2e9a-4682-b9eb-78d7b18a0258
>>
>>138660022
the fact that everyone that smokes weed always hits you with some bob marley bullshit when it's just a plant.

the media ruined it's image by making people who
smoke look stupid. all those dumb stoner movies...

it does make you fuck up if you smoke to get high
but in low doses it is great for pain. the paranoia of
high thc strains makes it not good for driving though.
>>
File: IMG_4292.jpg (127KB, 773x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4292.jpg
127KB, 773x425px
>>138661363

Tbqh famalam, i know folks that use dude weed lmao that are pretty close to being full on 14/88.

Although that may just be because of the paranoia it induces.

If it's between cannabis or alcohol/opiates/benzos/SSRI, ten times out of ten cannabis is the safer choice. I mean, ffs cessation of alcohol/benzos can fucking kill you my dude. Opiates ruin your brain forever. SSRI is chemical castration.

I'd rather be lazy and stoned than be dead/broken/castrated, you know?
>>
>>138662227
Dude, you're a god thanks for all this sauce
>>
>>138660022
Makes you really fucking lazy. Trust me as a professional engineer and daily weed smoker of 2 years
>>
>>138662337
People are stupid when they are high. That is kind of the point.
>>
Low Hippocampal Blood Flow and Higher Alzheimer’s Vulnerability in Marijuana Users

“Our research demonstrates that marijuana can have significant negative effects on brain function. The media has given the general impression that marijuana is a safe recreational drug, this research directly challenges that notion. In another new study just released, researchers showed that marijuana use tripled the risk of psychosis. Caution is clearly in order.”

http://neurosciencenews.com/alzheimers-hippocampus-blood-marijuana-5611/
>>
>>138661429
>>138661928
So from reading this, if you use marijuana in excessive amounts, it has negative effects. Much like literally every substance ever. You can die from drinking too much goddamn water. If you're smoking in excess of 5 joints a day of weed, you're at the very least psychologically addicted, so why don't authoritarian cunts just say drugs are fine so long as you can moderate yourself. And if you can't, it's a free country, and those mongoloids chose to be waste aways.
>>
>>138660022
constant smoking will decrease clarity and messes up memory for some people including myself
>>
It's a crutch to escape reality, meaning that users of marijuana are of weak moral character.

Also: It's smells like shit and the people using it smell like shit. Using a product you know smells like shit indicates you have little self respect. A lack of self respect is generally considered a moral defect, something no responsible parent would want to pass onto their children.

It's best to skip weed...for most humans, it's just another limiting factor in their ability to do something great.
>>
>>138662541

This was me.

Quit two months ago. Didnt feel the change until after three weeks. I feel so alive now
>>
If you have your life sorted smoking it occasionally won't do much harm. But if you don't it can make you complacent with your shit situation and not willing to do anything to fix it.
>>
weed cures my anxiety

that's makes it bad because without anxiety I wouldn't be a hostile racist that hates everyone and everything around me
>>
>>138660022
Smoking anything is bad for you.
Mind altering substances are not good for your brain.
Add these to the fact that post people start smoking as a teenager when their brains are still developing and their bodies growing, and that's what's wrong with weed.
There's nothing inherintly degenerate about weed, more the way people use it. I quit a few weeks ago and plan to keep it that way.
>>
>>138660094
You really think those lazy fucks smoking weed werent lazy already before they smoked? Has nothing to do with being lazy to be honest
>>
>>138662541
this is why i only smoke at the end of the day or if i have nothing to do
>>
I quit weed this week. The withdrawal symptoms are real. Suppression of appetite, insomnia, depression, anxiety to list a few. I don't think I'll be smoking again anytime soon.
>>
>>138663170
Sames. Also use it to get to sleep
>>
>>138663170
The people who "Wake and Bake" as it were almost unequivocally are using it as a crutch to get through life. I couldn't fathom being high until I finished all my work for the day.
>>
>>138660022

It can be useful in moderation, for inflammation, pain, anxiety..

Still less degenerate than alcohol.

But 'dude weed' culture is straight retarded. The media has really done a number on weed culture. I know a lot of not degenerate cannabis users. Business owners / surgeons, but they don't rub it in your face.

>>138662850

Some weed smells like strawberries / oranges /
blueberry / banana. If your weed smells good are you absolved of all moral defects?
>>
>>138660022
Wouldn't it be better to just get the useful cannabinoids like cannabinol and cannabidiol as an extract or something?
>>
>>138663419
>The people who "Wake and Bake" as it were almost unequivocally are using it as a crutch to get through life.

yeah that's how medicine works
>>
>>138660022
>Why is smoking weed harmful
>what does weed do to you that your typical cigarette doesn't

these statements in such close proximity confuse and frustrate me
>>
>>138661788
Here you go bud:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4543605/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/
>>
>>138663551
Let's be real, the vast majority use it for recreational purposes. Which is fine, I'm all for allowing people to do whatever the fuck they want so long as it doesn't affect me, but if you're using strictly for the pleasure of it the moment you wake up, there are heavy problems you are ignoring in your life.
>>
>>138660611
This anon speaks truth.

A weakling sees drugs and blames them for their weakness. A proper man sees them as tools and uses them accordingly.
>>
>>138660022
DUDE TOBACCO LMAO
>>
>>138663170
This is what I'd use it for if there weren't negative effects on memory.
>>
>>138660022
I smoked hardcore for 7 years. Started smoking around 16-17. I'm pretty sure I lost a lot of IQ doing this shit. ALthough I loved the comfy feeling of being high, I also had a lot of anxiety attacks whilst high. I think my mind was revolting against it. A lot of those years are lost because I was high all the fucking time. Moderation is key
>>
>>138663814
guess what buddy all drug use stems from medicial issues.

"normal" people don't get addicted to drugs, people with mental issues who are using the drugs to cope do
>>
marijuana smoke is worse and way harder on your lungs than cigarettes. If you're going to be a pot head, be smart and vape or use edibles.
>>
File: circulation.jpg (111KB, 526x467px) Image search: [Google]
circulation.jpg
111KB, 526x467px
>>138660022
smoking anything is degenerate. tell me why you want to have aerosols and combustion byproducts end your bloodstream directly through the lungs.
>>
Makes you a humbling moron. Bad for lungs/health. Waste of money. Makes you fat. It's a degenerate low life thing to do. Use that energy to improve yourself instead and find a good white girl and reproduce. Dumbass
>>
>>138660022
It can affect mental health, fertility, and cognitive processes if taken often for a long time. Not worse than cigarettes or alcohol, but still not something you'd want to do.
>>
>>138663779
>bud
Sneaky
>>
>>138663187
>quit weedthis week
>I don't think I'll be smoking anytime soon

once the minor withdrawal symptoms pass and you're enjoying a quiet evening a couple weeks later, you'll think "you know, this would be a better night if i had some pot, and clearly it's not having any major lasting effects on me, so where's the problem?"

That's when the real test starts. I wish you luck.
>>
>>138660611
>perhaps for something like sleep

I swear marijuana is literally the best sleep aid. Always wake up feeling refreshed, never groggy like with every other fucking sleep aid.
>>
>>138664004
or maybe i'm a boring fucking person and was introduced to weed which made my boring life a little less so
I use weed for recreation the same way people use salt for food

and not all drug use stems from addiction as you seem to be implying
>>
>>138663124
It is a contributor for some, I have known people who are /fit/ and typically not lazy but as soon as they hit the weed they tend to become a couch potato
>>
>>138661363
I smoke weed and I hate fucking leftist faggots. #Notallpotheads
>>
>>138664257
rofl, didn't even think of that
>>
>>138660094
funny story. years ago when i worked at bars and restaurants, people showed up to work high and still did their job. guess you're full of shit, huh?
>>
>>138661000
and yet it helps protect from concussions
>>
>>138660022
>medicine
>degenerate
>>
>>138660022
Niggers with big lips use marijuana and jazz to seduce white women
>>
>>138664004
That's fucking retarded. Chemically addictive drugs are so to almost everyone, including most other mammals.
>>
>>138664520

>My boring life.
>Don't do anything to fucking change it.
>Oh wait!
>Weed will salt it up!

You are using a foreign substance to deal w/personal issues stemming from a lack of inherent willpower to turn your life around.

>Me no addict.

Yeah, Bud.
>>
>>138662850
the resin and everything stinks but the flower smells delicious. literally sweet sometimes. Setting fire to shit diminishes the smell? who knew
>>
>>138664698
I can't sit still and do nothing while high. I gotta be doing something. I find myself more motivated to clean and be productive after a couple bong rips while my ex was a complete vegetable when high
>>
File: b (330).jpg (147KB, 1391x1268px) Image search: [Google]
b (330).jpg
147KB, 1391x1268px
>>138660022
Pot also causes manboobs.
>>
>>138665393
Sativa vs indica
>>
http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2017/08/21/marijuana-could-reduce-risk-of-suffering-stroke-study-finds/

>increases bloodflow and oxygen uptake
>promotes new blood pathways

a quick course on terpenes:
http://www.rnoel.50megs.com/pdf/theblood.htm

cannabis is from the caucus and belongs to japheth (WHITES)
>>
>>138665547

lmao

It makes women grow dicks too.
>>
>>138665561
It wasn't even that. We'd smoke the same weed and it got us completely different. I personally smoke just to experience life's mundane tasks in a different light. I dabbled in a lot of different drugs to see what doing normal things was like.
>>
It's kinda hard not to smoke it every day.
>>
>>138660022
hehe
>>
>>138663945
>smoking for nearly 10 years
>remember my 4th birthday
ill be honest, its little things like walking into a room and forgetting something in the other or what you were doing.
nothing serious dude weed made me forget my grandmas face
>>
>>138666181
nothing serious like**
>>
File: 1502484177274.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1502484177274.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>138660022
it makes being bored fun and exciting, which means the normal things you would do to combat boredom (like creativity, social interaction, whatever) aren't necessarily done. I definitely think the point in your life at which you start use makes a big difference, highscoolers shouldn't get on the shit. Once you have a good job and some well-rounded pursuits and hobbies there's nothin wrong with a bowl on your day off to make your nature hike a little more magical or to make that dumb comedy a little more fun. Don't overdo it, if you're so high you can't talk to wash the dishes you're doing too much. Most beginners are fine on a couple tokes.

>also beware the edibles
>>
Weed is Jewish.
>>
>>138666397
can't talk OR wash the dishes, rather. I'm sober I swear.
>>
>>138660022
take it from a 8 year smoker, mary is like any girl, a lot of fun when youre in the mood, but will have a hold over you like nothing else if you arent being masculine enough, thats why cucks like rogan praise it. Yet he also has the whole bro weed dude segments with joey who is everything stoners should try and eradicate from the culture but cant because joey is what every weed user would be if they didn't do better things. the fatass is just lucky hes been sucking joes dick and got a good set and nice personality. So in conclusion if you smoke weed long enough you will become the biological monstrosity that is joey diaz, or if you maintain a good lifestyle and have a lot to do you'll just be a faggot cuck like joe.
>>
File: images (102).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (102).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>138660022
Did it twice in a row for 2 days after being off it for 2 years and honestly I had no idea why I was hooked onto it before. Made me feel sluggish for the next 3 days. It was like a small hangover dragged into 3 days. I'd rather a normal hangover for the first 3 hours if the day and get over with it than the 3 days.
It also only lasts like an hour and doesn't even feel that great. I mean it feels better than what I'm feeling right now but I'd rather feel like this than that.

Alcohol > Weed
>>
File: whitepowerproof.jpg (169KB, 1067x1580px) Image search: [Google]
whitepowerproof.jpg
169KB, 1067x1580px
>>138666406
>666

EWE, noun yu. [Latin ovis.] A female sheep; the female of the ovine race of animals.

yes, the sheep who are japheth
>>
>>138665362
Meme flag is right
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.