[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /pol/'s solution to allow students to go to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Eclipse_view.png (101KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_view.png
101KB, 333x250px
What's /pol/'s solution to allow students to go to college without ending up in nearly 100K in debt?
>>
stop them being jewish
>>
>>138611998
Free college for whites

Everyone else has to pay
>>
>>138611998
Go to a community college for your first 2 years. Maintain a part-time job during the semester. Work full time during your summer breaks. Transfer to reasonable university your 3rd year. Graduate your 4th year with maybe 5-10k in loans. It's not rocket science, pussy.
>>
4.0 average, get a job and work your way through school...
>>
Free market? Just stop paying that much for it?
>>
>>138612371
Fucking this

/thread
>>
>>138612371
My plan is a remodel of the education system. Make everything harder and faster from day one. Rather than pre algebra being a middle school class. Make it a 4th or 5th grade class. Then once you get to high school you'll be given an option to study once specific area for all 4 years, rather than a general education, and when you're finished with high school you're given a bachelors degree, and college becomes grad school and up only.
>>
>>138611998
get the government out of student loans. allow for proper competition between universities. prices would normalize. students could finance their college by working part time.
>>
>>138611998
Cut defense spending enough to fund productive degrees. STEM and limited art degrees that aren't Marxist shit.
>>
>>138611998
For starters stop pushing college as a necessity in the public school system. There are plenty of viable careers that don't require a college education, and there are plenty of careers where >>138612371 is a perfectly valid path to get there.
>>
>>138612371
This is good. Learn math, science, actual biology and the like as the basis of education. Throw some philosophy, European culture, etc. in higher education. Make computers, coding and the like, essential. Stop making universities ground zero for profiting off of retarded kids.
>>
>>138611998

stop subsidizing it and handing out cash to literally everyone who asks
>>
Bring back walking up to a manager and shaking his hand for a job.
>>
>>138612371
This plus try to live from home I saved 40k at least commuting from home and making my own meals. And even though I lost my virginity literally a week after graduating. I now own a nice house, a nice car, and have a secure income and savings. Also Tradeschool is cheaper and you make more out the gate. So you have that option too.
>>
>>138611998
>dont' take a loan
>get a job instead
>pay for your own education
Wow, crazy right?
>>
>>138613293
I'm gonna make 200K a year as an anesthesiologist. Where can I make that without a degree?
>>
>>138613864
How could you not achieve that with the path I laid out in my first post? The only reason you'll end up 100k in debt is because of your own dumbass decisions. It has nothing to do with the "education system", you incredibly unprepared dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1480213565474.jpg (41KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480213565474.jpg
41KB, 720x960px
>>138613864
In a third world country. All you need is a mallet.
>>
>>138611998
Don't go to college. I'm a professor at a "regular" private University, and I would say that 80% of my students don't really want to be "educated" to begin with. Only about 60% of students who start at our school ever actually earn a bachelor's degree. Of those who do, only a fraction ever end up employed in their field of study.

Tuition, room, and board are about $50,000 a year.
>>
>>138611998
Just come study in Germany.
You can go to a private language school for like 300 euros a month until you're fluent and then you can go to any public university for free. If you get a student apartment they're only around 200-250 euros a month rent. Public insurance is about 90 euros a month.
>>
>>138612371
This. The first 2 years of college is just Highschool part 2. After that you get into your core work.
>>
>>138612200
Fuckng this. My god it's a based leaf.
>>
>>138613864
I never said every career is covered by high school diplomas and community college, but if you're making 200K a year then the student debt isn't a concern. Lawyers and doctors require a lot of training but they make more than enough money to cover for the cost. The student debt issue arose from people pursuing expensive degrees in fields that won't pay for them. 100K worth of debt so you can practice anesthesiology is a good investment; 100K for a communications degree that you could just as easily achieve with community college isn't.
>>
>>138614450
Well, they have four years. We can go around 10
>>
>>138611998
Why would you pay 100K for gender studies degree?
Btw. You do not get higher education to get a job.
You got to college to have your views challenged and create environment where new ideas can appear.
if you want to get actual skill that could be needed at work, you got to trade or technical school.
After college you will not even be able to man cash register.
>>
There's nothing wrong with college prices. The only thing wrong with college right now is that your marketability/employability/family finances don't factor into college loan screening at all. Securing financing for college should be a market-driven process, no different from getting a home loan or auto loan. Just as someone who makes $350k/year and plans to buy a Porsche or a house in Greenwich CT gets approved for far more money than someone who makes $35k a year and wants to buy a used Hyundai or a home in Flint, MI, so too should the kid with rich parents who wants to major in applied mathematics at Caltech qualify for more loan money than the kid with poor parents who wants to major in American Studies at their shitty local state school.

Once that happens, the schools that aren't elite enough or don't have high enough average alumni income levels to attract big loans from the banks will have to lower their prices to bring them in line with what their educations are ACTUALLY worth if they want to keep the lights on.

>>138612947
Un-ironically this as well.
>>
>>138611998
Leave school at the age of 16, get an apprenticeship in a trade, electrician and boilermaking come to mind, 4 years of bullshit before you can be earning upwards of 200k a year.
>>
>>138611998
The government has to stop guaranteeing the loans. What incentive do colleges have to keep tuition down when anyone can get a loan for any amount?
>>
>>138611998
kill the jews
>>
Tfw financial aid pays off my tuition
Tfw financial aid pays for my exchange studies in Sweden

When are you gonna take the poor pill, /pol/?
>>
File: image.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
The cost of tuition is linked to the amount of student loans a person can get. Stop the loans will stop the tuition hike.
>>
File: 1466778441679s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1466778441679s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>138615380
Is school so bad in Poland that graduates leave with no skills? Or do Universities/college in Poland only teach social science degrees? In Australia, University is the only way to work in most STEM fields, which I'm sure we would agree are necessary. So is Poland just a piece of trash country that cannot educate people or are you just stupid?
>>
You teach yourself very in-depth stuff about whatever topic you wanna learn and then use that knowledge to impress someone who can hire you.
>>
>>138611998
Free education. Thats the only way
>>
>>138611998

Research schools the same way you research the car you buy or the computer you buy.

1. Avoid schools that spend millions of dollars on their football program and stadium, and expect you to pay for it.

2. Avoid schools where the big-shots in the organization make huge amounts of money and expect you to pay for it.

3. Avoid schools that spend too much time pushing social justice, compassion, and inclusiveness at the cost of education.
>>
>>138611998
Don't go to college. The only people who should be able to go to college are social and intellectual elites. Put simply if you are paying for college you shouldn't be there, either your parents should be able to pay fully or you should have a full ride.

So many people going to college simply devalues college degrees, raises the costs of college, and makes college degrees mandatory to enter the middle class even though your job may not actually involve the subject of your degree.
>>
>>138611998
No spics and niggers go to college, leaving plenty of gibs money for those who actually deserve it.

No more liberal arts or women's/minority/gender studies BS. Anything you can "learn" in those classss you can get from being propagandize on YouTube for much cheaper.
>>
>>138611998
Work to have an income. Take classes part time over a longer period of time. BAM no debt!
>>
>>138612371
>Maintain a part-time job during the semester.
Couldn't make it work, no freedom in shifts.
>Work full time during your summer breaks
Couldn't get a job, had to drop out at this point, and in debt.
>>
>>138617106
Another problem, tuition and housing could be more expensive than whatever you make throughout the summer anyways.

I did one year and transferred a rich uni.
Because I'm poor my uni is giving me grants up to 19k.

The true pill is the broke pill.
>>
>>138614124
The vast majority who go to college pay for the few that do research/end up as academics.

>what's your field anon?
>>
>>138617106
You ever hear of work study? I went to gonzaga and they had a program where I worked for the college when I went there. They couldn't make me work during class. 15 hours a week. 11 bucks an hour. Whenever there wasn't work to do i could study, finals week was off.
>>
>>138612371
This is exactly what I did. I will graduate soon with a econ degree from a good university and only have 5k in debt.
>>
>>138611998
!) People can't pay their tuition with loans
2) Don't allow anyone and everyone to apply
-This might piss off a lot of people, but it's the sad truth that college is NOT for everyone. Having every Joe and Jane Schmuck going to college when they should be going to a trade school instead, just makes tuition more expensive for the people that do need to go.
3) Remove sports teams
-This one is even more controversial as so many normies love their gay as fuck sport where guys throw a ball around and slap each others asses in the process.
4) Limit the pay that professors receive
-This weeds out the faggots that are their just for the money, and those that would demand more pay driving up the cost of tuition
5)END COLLEGE TEXTBOOK MONOPOLY NOW

You do all of that and the situation gets fixed. Problem is that normies are so fundamentally opposed to 90% of those I listed because of the free gibs that it will never ever happen.
>>
ROTC, pussy
>>
>>138618198
>not illegally downloading your textbooks
>>
>>138611998
Have rich parents
>>
Stop paying coaches, presidents, provost's, and deans millions a year.
>>
Get a real job in the summers and work part time.

>mfw 2 bachelor's in shit fields debt free from top tier uni.
>>
>>138611998
Don't be a nigger in high school and you'll get scholarships out the ass. In state tuition is also cheaper. I could've gone to IU for 9k per year.
>>
>>138611998
Move to Austria
>>
File: aSVjtu7_d.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
aSVjtu7_d.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
>>138619892
Graduate school with 4.4 GPA
4's and 5's on 10+ AP tests
Get a fucking 24/36 on the act
Fuck me
>>
>>138619101
Not everyone lives in the Philippines, anon.
>Can only really get minimum wage jobs
>These pay areound 7.50 a hour
>Food is baseline 200 a month if you get dollar store food, 400 otherwise
>Rent is 800 dollars a month in the CHEAPEST areas for a studio apartment - dorms are more expensive so I won't take them into account.
So say you work the max amount your employer will let you, that's 20 hours or ~160 a week. A month that's 830. That only covers rent. A second job would be another ~800 a month. But a single class as some of the cheapest colleges is 500/class, and factoring in food costs and other misc. costs, it would be literally impossible to pay for everything without going into lots of debt.
>>
>>138620314
>800 a month in rent
Well anon. Did you know, there's these really cool things called "roommates" where you have say, 3 other people live with you, and you all split the bills, so that 800 is now 200. Ain't that great?
>>
>>138620754
Well anon. Did you know, that no everyone is some social butterfly? Or even if they had friends, that those friends wouldn't already be sharing an apartment with other people? It's almost as if not everyone is some retarded normie!
>>
>>138620953
Just go online and find offers. You don't even have to know your roommates.
>>
>>138621241
>ywn be this much of a brainlet
Feels pretty good.
>>
>>138611998
This >>138612371 is what I did and while it took me an extra year and a half to graduate, I graduated with zero debt. Too many parents buy into the "prestigious" college meme and force their kids to go to a expensive four year school right away.
>>
>>138611998
>What's /pol/'s solution to allow students to go to college without ending up in nearly 100K in debt?
They can go to a community college and pay for it with money from the job they work.

Oh, thats just how it works out for middle class.....
>>
>>138621786
Unless you're getting some sort of specialized degree like in Zimbabwe Dancing Routines, employers are going to just throw your resume into the trash.
>>
>>138620269
Why didn't you keep taking it until you got a score you were satisfied with? I took it like three times, some schools even do superscoring (I know university of tennessee knoxville does or at least did like 6 years ago).
>>
>>138622644
School payed for it the first time and I couldn't afford to take it again
>>
>>138611998
Take the student loan system away from the government and privatize it.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.