[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're given power over Venezuela, after a successful coup.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: US intervention.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
US intervention.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
You're given power over Venezuela, after a successful coup. How do you save it?
>You still have oil
>You have full support from the National Assembly
>The US doesn't care about Venezuela but still exists as a nation willing to trade only
Hard mode:
>US intervention is not an option
>IMF is out of the question
>>
>>138548057
Okay, what are the main crises Venezuela is facing? Am I dictator? What are some strong Venezuelan industries?
>>
Make the economy look exactly like chile's but ban immigration.

That's it really
>>
>>138548057
Just give Venezuela to the U.S., it's over.
>>
File: 1503017400633.jpg (33KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1503017400633.jpg
33KB, 419x419px
>>138548057
immediately hang all the communists
>>
>>138548303
Shortage of food, shortage of medical supplies, high crime rates, and abysmal inflation. Uh, sure you can be a dictator. Oil industry, agriculture has high potential but it's not being used to its fullest, and manufacturing.
>>
>>138549320
Not a bad idea
>>138548528
That's a little vague, plus no one wants to immigrate to Venezuela anyways so it has that going for itself
>>
File: 1468208049459.jpg (252KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468208049459.jpg
252KB, 500x500px
>>138548057
Out source someone to handle our oil production for us. We obviously can't handle it being nationalized for the time being. The resulting influx of cash could be used to stabilize the economy. My specialty is international security, not economics so I don't know if this would actually work or not.
>>
>>138550062
Agricultural industry obviously needs a revolutionary update. Dedicate sufficient government funding to promote farmers to buy land and develop it, same concept for oil and manufacturing. Decriminalize the usage of drugs but maintain a death penalty for drug manufacturers and distributors to take the wind out of the sails of drug lords. Hang drug lords and communists in Caracas and televise it to instill fear in the hearts of criminals. Increase funding to local police for maintenance of petty crimes.
>>
>>138548057
Turn Venezuela into a An-Cap paradise with no shitskins to vote for commies.
>>
>>138550518
Interesting thought, but the oil industry was nationalised because most of the money from it was hemorrhaging to towelheads. Corporations are in its home country's government's pocket, and there isn't many nations who would be able to successfully handle this while mainly looking to benefit Venezuela. Both Russia and the US (is based corporations) are world domination hungry. I think that if this would be done, whoever it'd be outsourced to wouldn't want to let it go when the time is up.
>>138551103
How do you diminish crime rates when law enforcement is privately funded? Also, the impoverished are the ones keeping the commies in power, and they hate the idea of capitalism.
>>
>>138548057
Aggressively prosecute corruption and police abuses. Make it clear that the state will no longer support paramilitaries and vigilantes. Reverse the authoritarian/one-party policies of the old regime. Repeal or lower some corporate and purposeless taxes but keep some taxes on income and luxury goods. Take advantage of oil sales but begin exploring other sectors of the economy via both public and private investments. Stop randomly confiscating everyone's food, and institute programs where the unemployed can work on farms or infrastructure projects.
>>
>>138550786
I like the idea of public hangings, but how do you do it while keeping the UN at bay?
>>
>>138553686
Form a South American coalition with Colombia that focuses media attention on how US imperialist dogs are trying to flood my country with drugs, thus gaining me international support from any country not hunky-dory with the US and allowing me to tell the UN to fuck off
>>
>>138548057
Haven't given much thought to this. But interesting thought experiment exercise. Off the top of my head probably some priorities should be to restore faith in a stable system of law and order, so doing things leading to stopping things like violence and lawlesness, and confiscation of private property, and rolling back the price controls and regulations are priorities because things like the potential of having your investment confiscated by the state scare away investors and capital inflows.
>>138550062
>Shortage of food, shortage of medical supplies
May not have any assets to solve this so would probably have to pound the pavement and find some philanthropies who are willing to be charitable and help with the main shortages.
Start looking into the situation that destroyed the petroleum industry and start looking into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_wealth_fund for some ideas heading towards leasing it out to fund a sovereign wealth fund. Not nationalize it because a government is clueless when it comes to such things it's best to lease it out to the experts and let the experts handle it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Venezuela
it looks like the country had great potential in agriculture but was destroyed in the past when the commies confiscated and redistributed private property to their buddies who had no idea about agriculture, so need to look into encouraging investors who actually know what they are doing.
>>
I would open the doors to investors from other countries to invest in opening new industries in the country. Transportation, agriculture, etc etc. Make deals for low taxes for x amount of time and maintain labor costs at a descent enough price to not exploit the people too much but catch the attention of businessmen. Create an agenda to destroy drug trafficking by creating strict laws. Close borders and start mass deportation. Kick everybody out. Fuck the kids too. Maintain the oil business booming without going dry. Make deals with the Chinese and Americans to help the economy boom for special favors. Years after helping the economy boom, I get caught having an orgy at a brothel; I am forced to resign and I move to Switzerland with money I made from special deals with other countries.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.