[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 1994, Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer prize for the disturbing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

In 1994, Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer prize for the disturbing photograph of a Sudanese child being stalked by a vulture. That same year, Kevin Carter committed suicide.

Carter is the tragic example of the toll photographing such suffering can take on a person. Along with his famous photograph, Carter had captured such things as a public necklacing execution in 1980s South Africa, along with the violence of the time, including shootouts and other executions. Carter spoke of his thoughts when he took these photographs: “I had to think visually. I am zooming in on a tight shot of the dead guy and a splash of red. Going into his khaki uniform in a pool of blood in the sand. The dead man’s face is slightly gray. You are making a visual here. But inside something is screaming: ‘My God!’. But it is time to work. Deal with the rest later. If you can’t do it, get out of the game”.

The suicide: On 27 July 1994 Carter drove his way to Parkmore near the Field and Study Center, an area where he used to play as a child, and committed suicide by taping one end of a hose to his pickup truck’s exhaust pipe and running the other end to the driver’s side window. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the age of 33. Carter’s suicide note read:

“I’m really, really sorry. The pain of life overrides the joy to the point that joy does not exist… I am depressed… without phone… money for rent … money for child support… money for debts… money!!!… I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain… of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners… I have gone to join Ken [recently deceased colleague Ken Oosterbroek] if I am that lucky”.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_vulture_and_the_little_girl

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/vulture-little-girl/
>>
File: 1502148492647.jpg (116KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502148492647.jpg
116KB, 768x1024px
>>138474737
Whats the big deal? It was just a nigger.
>>
If only we had universal basic income.
>>
>>138474737
Manic street preachers wrote a song about him.
>>
>>138474737
People who feel sadness over dead niggers are weak cucks and deserve to die.
>>
File: turdflingingmonkey.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
turdflingingmonkey.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>138475829
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDkHLPanjkQ
>>
>>138474737

>Voyeuristic, narcissistic, and simply forgotten.
>>
>>138474737
I'm pissed that there was a UN food center feeding those niggers.
Should let nature take it's course. If they starve, they starve. If you can't provide for yourself, you don't get to live.
>>
>>138474953
>>138476521

That's why liberalism is a mental disorder. He became depressed and committed suicide not because his own life was miserable but because some kid that he never met nor is related to him starved to death through no fault of his own. This is pathological empathy. He projected his feelings and sentiments onto the African people and created a imaginary bond with them and their struggle, even though he has no physical connection to these people whatsoever. This is why liberals act so irrationally, because they are LITERALLY out of their minds.
>>
File: Alt-Left12.jpg (383KB, 1746x808px) Image search: [Google]
Alt-Left12.jpg
383KB, 1746x808px
>>
>>138474737

kevin carter also had a long history of drug and alcohol abuse. he was part of a group of south african photo "jounalists" that called themselves the "bang-bang club". their mission? to promote the idea that aparthied RSA was the root of all evil.

ultimately, carter couldn't reconcile the idea that what he saw in "evil" RSA he also saw elsewhere in africa where RSA held no power.

make of that what you will
>>
>>138476598
Is this how you fags hide now? I like you though. You're super edgy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.