[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bread and Circus. What am I doing wrong? Lately I've been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_oqpyCwH9.jpg (176KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
4L_oqpyCwH9.jpg
176KB, 1000x750px
Bread and Circus. What am I doing wrong?

Lately I've been just doing what I can to scrape by. I see the world as shit and life as unfair and I occupy myself with video games, movies, and getting drunk or high. Living near Amish country Pennsylvania doesn't help either.

Should I drop all that and focus on getting a wife / family? Work harder? Or will that make me more miserable? What is the answer here.
>>
>>138169657
Work harder, but not at something that doesn't pay off.
>>
>>138169731
So just go for the money ?
>>
>>138169878
Get enough so that you can be comfortable and one bad sitution won't put you out for good. It's not like it can get too much worse.
>>
>>138169731
Will walking away from the screens improve my quality of life? I honestly don't even know what to do. Spend more time with family? My dog? Go for hikes or kayak?

I squeeze all of this stuff in. But nothing tops isolating myself and jerking off and watching/playing a favorite piece of media. Obviously depression is at work here but I don't want to focus on that.
>>
>>138170165
There is a point where anything bwcomes too much.
If you are becoming depressed something is wrong, here. Whatever gets you out of that situation is what you need.
>>
>>138170319
I've been like this for about 10 years with and without anti-depressants. I haven't found an answer in a decade.

Let's say I focus on working harder. I have money to burn after rent is paid and my stomach is full. I don't even know what I would pursue. A child to carry on my name? Or traveling? These things seem appealing but I know they would prove overwhelming. Turning 30 isn't far away and I feel like once that happens I'm totally fucked.

I'm no where near a kissless virgin. Just unsuccessful and struggling to find meaning.
>>
>>138170688
Find what you love to do.
It might nit be a child, it might not be anything you've done before, but there will be something. I wish you luck.
>>
>>138170688
Check your digits.
You know what to do
>>
>>138171280
What do you love to do?
>>
>>138172056
I like to do stupid shit in the hood with my friends.
Like doing Jojo poses at Papa Johns
>>
>>138172270
Well thanks for wishing me luck before friend. I guess that question isn't easy for anyone
>>
>>138172611
>>138172270
all LArping aside anon, at your age I was pissing almost every pay check up against the wall... ten years on I'm paying mortgage on an apartment I bought but don't currently live in, plus rent in a shithole. But I'm doing productive work, or so it feels like. 14 months ago I acquired an injury that I thought was a career ended, but I'm back in song nao. Don't sweat it. But my only advice is get your ass some property, even if it's just a flat..
>>
File: the eye pt 2.jpg (22KB, 297x243px) Image search: [Google]
the eye pt 2.jpg
22KB, 297x243px
>>138169657
- I don't want to be saved, I want to be spent!
- Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
- Whoever controls your words controls your mind.
- If you don't terrify people a little bit, what's the point? Cultivate your dark side.
- Only a fool considers wealth a matter of currency. Collect assets, strangle liabilities.
- You'll know a man's weakness from the means he uses to attack YOU.
- Fear is no excuse for foolishness.
- Playing safe is more dangerous than giving up what you love.
- Make decisions first, then make them right.
- The bottom dog is the most vicious.
- If you break the rules, make yourself appear to be a worthless target.
- Confidence is just narrative.
- How can you tell if something's true? It works, or it doesn't.
- The self is unfathomable, so why wait until it is too late? It is always too late.
- Your conscious mind is the least informed and the last to know.
- You are an animal merely CAPABLE of intelligence. You are not invulnerable to propaganda and hypnosis.
- Stake life on truth.
- Procrastination stems from a failure to think about thinking (metacognition).
- People who clear their backlogs are no better than you; they just strategize differently.
- The difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline.
- Dilemmas cause enlightenment.
- Delay judgement to the extent you want to understand.
- Don't pretend to understand things you don't. Err on the side of playing dumb.
- If stuck, do a bad draft first. You can't edit a blank page. Find ONE THING you can fix, and repeat.
- You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
- Not all patterns are valid.
- Feedback is the breakfast of champions.
- You can be efficient with things, but not people.
- To understand someone, mirror their tone and body language.
- People only understand from their level of perception.
- The will of the true self is the will of the universe. as long as you're doing the will of the universe, it's impossible to do anything wrong.
>>
>>138172778
Thanks anon. That's a start or at least something to ponder. Meaningful work would be fantastic too, I fear I'll never grasp it with my lack of skill sets and mental health issues. But everyone has to start somewhere I suppose. Even if it's later than most.
>>
>>138169657
is this one of those BBC history shows?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.