/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a major Silicon Valley social media company. After

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

I work at a major Silicon Valley social media company. After Charlottesville, our censorship team rapidly came up with a new set of words to ban. Objects on our site containing these words will be banned or ghosted. I'm not a neo nazi or white supremacist, just a patriot who strongly believes in a free and open internet, and am horrified at how overbroad the censorship in Silicon Valley is rapidly becoming.

List of new post-Charlottesville words - https://pastebin.com/cZLGNjy3

THIS SECRET LIST IS BEING SHARED BY TOP TECH COMPANIES.

Highlights include censoring "anti-antifa", "red pill", "anti feminism", "defend europe", and "good night left side". Our censorship team is wasting no time putting the travesty of last weekend to waste.

They are still discussing whether to ban alt-right stuff like kekistan and everything in that universe. The fact that's even under discussion should appall you.

Ask me anything, but I will be cagey as not to reveal the company I work for. The social justice warriors would gladly paint my free speech patriotic ideals as nazism or white supremacy and get me fired.
>>
>>138140508
Can you stop it?
>>
>>138140508
>>138140508
>>138140508

Thanks we just started calling niggers...."CAT TRANS SHHH WARTS"
>>
File: 1502206401197.jpg (3MB, 4131x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1502206401197.jpg
3MB, 4131x3240px
>>138140508
They can censor all they want. I want them to crack down as hard as they can. We will adapt and millions will be redpilled that you can mention anything but pic related.
>>
>>138140774
There's a lot more than that you can't mention, and the list is growing. In my opinion, accelerationists are as bad as true believers in censorship. Look at how awesome accelerationism is going in other countries. It's a disaster.
>>
>>138140508
Funnily enough, most of those the left call "fascists" aren't nazis either, just critics of the communists.
>>
>>138141554
You nailed it. The inclusion of "anti-antifa" should be a huge giveaway this is merely silencing critics of communism.
>>
File: 1502884507502.jpg (127KB, 945x696px) Image search: [Google]
1502884507502.jpg
127KB, 945x696px
Bump
>>
>>138140692
Unfortunately, no. The "chain of command" for censorship goes all the way to the top. The best I can do is try to influence company values from within but it's difficult in this oppressive environment.
>>
Can confirm this. I work at a software company outside silicon valley, and we've been contracted to do work on software that will help make the internet more politically correct
>>
>>138140508
told you that whole "google" and "skype" thing should have stayed a thing
but nooooo, you were all like >muh forced memes
>>
>>138140508
I feel sorry for you. You know how the deep liberal state censors heavily.

Do you foresee a right leaning counter culture of libertarian web devs creating their own Silicon Valley?
>>
Support alt-tech sites like gab. If you have any software dev talents, use them.
The internet will never be free if you're endlessly grovelling to kikes to let you into their walled gardens.
Host your own sites. Visit sites other than facebook and twitter.
Bring back webrings, usenet, and IRC.
The internet used to interpret censorship as damage and route around it.
You millenials dropped the ball by being fucking stupid and lazy
>>
Is there any way you can take hidden video of these people in meetings? Try to smuggle out as many proof as you can and we will spread it like wildfire.
>>
>>138140508
All googles must hang! Gas the skypes now!
>>
>>138140508
Promote the short readable book KINDLY INQUISITORS by gay black-fancying Jew JONATHAN RAUCH. It is the best one-volume defense of freedom of speech available.
>>
>>138140508
they will only rest when all of us whites are a minority in our own countries
>>
>>138144012
That would only impress the converted. The fact is that the majority of Americans -- and all "model minorities" by definition -- have successfully been alienated from the Constitution. They wouldn't "get the joke," they think government censorship is a great idea.
>>
Direct action needs to be taken from within. Name the higher-ups. Expose them with hidden cameras. This should be a call to arms for all those working in silicon valley.

Fortunately for us, the blockchain will soon do away with all of them.
>>
File: 1498675502497m.jpg (84KB, 803x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498675502497m.jpg
84KB, 803x1024px
Wow, muh, snow nigger, and white children made the list? Disturbing.
>>
>>138140508
Bump.
>>
>>138143617
Every meme is forced. It's not too late, anon.
>>
>>138140508
This looks legit. Come on anon just tell us the companies using it.
>>
>>138143656
The good news is that a large portion of software engineers are natural conservatives. I know the media likes to paint us as pink haired trans-lesbian SJW communists, but the majority of the creative and entrepreneurial heavy lifting is still done by classical "Jeffersonian"-esque liberals. It's mostly the managers are large companies who have to "play the game" and maintain their reputation who push these policies. Because these managers don't start their own companies, they are ruled by the loud Twitter mob and have to basically do their bidding. Even my CEO's "email to the company" about the "bigotry and hate in Charlottesville," if you read in between the lines, was almost word-for-word what Trump said.

Based on my conversations in the male software engineering community (because let's be honest, the females don't create much), most of them strongly believe in freedom of speech. Expect disruption. Browsers, search, video, social networks. All of these are ripe for black-swan level disruption if the leftists keep pushing on the string of censorship.

The blockchain is a very promising way to route around censorship in its many forms (speech, financial, etc.). Fortunately SJWs are pretty dumb and don't see the threat coming, nor would they have any credibility on the subject if they did try to speak up. Expect a lot of progress to be made in this area.
>>
>>138140508
>https://pastebin.com/cZLGNjy3
We should find a way to make the libtards and SJWs ban even more ridiculous words, like "boy".

Pretty soon, it wont be a list of words that are banned, but a list of words that [white ppl] are allowed to use
>>
>>138140508
Bump

Thanks for the leak anon

What're some options the right as at this point? Starting our own tech companies?
>>
>>138144001
> webrings, usenet, and IRC
No. Going back to old technologies is giving up. New protocols like blockchain, new browsers with "privacy by default" like Brave, the willingness to forego using Google for all but the most difficult searches (set your default search engine to something else), and so on. Youtube is probably the most difficult thing to find an alternative to at the moment. That one is going to be tough because Google basically runs it at a loss leader.

We haven't dropped the ball. We are still routing around the damage. My OP is not meant as "doom and gloom" but as a wake up call that our censorship-happy opponents are getting bolder and so we need to take action NOW and stop being so complacent.
>>
>>138147489
THIS.
These people are parasites with no power of their own. Stop giving them money and attention.
>>
>>138144001
This

There is a big business opportunity to be had in things like this too. The right naturally dominates in the free market of ideas. The left requires censorship to even stay relevant. The right doesn't even have to start companies which censor leftists, just free, open dialogue and the right will win out naturally.

This total free speech approach will appeal to centrists like OP as well. Look at how Gab is doing. We need to start up new tech companies, and as OP mentioned, a replacement for YouTube should be prime
>>
>>138144012
I'm not close enough to the censorship team to get such a hidden video. And there's enough surveillance inside my company buildings that I'd probably be discovered if such video was released.

I could leak chat/email records, but it wouldn't accomplish what you think. All of the convo is about hate speech and "compassion" and has very good optics despite its counter-intuitive consequences like massive civil strife and increasing extremism. There's a reason it's hard to even stop this shit from within.
>>
>>138147489
this faggot uses facebook and uber.
>>
>>138147867
Don't put yourself or livelihood in danger needlessly OP. The Google engineer who sped up the culture wars in Silicon Valley has done a good job shining a light on the whole thing. You did good bringing this to attention
>>
>>138140508
>The fact that's even under discussion should appall you.
why? I don't use any of your shitty products, why should I care?
>>
Graphics Engineer here, man, I'm so glad I just stayed local. Work in a small company that makes millions, and allows me to browse /pol/ at work because the owners are pretty redpilled.
>>
>>138148276
>why? I don't use any of your shitty products, why should I care?
because you don't live in a vacuum. other ppl use them and it effects their actions which effects who becomes president and which policies then effect you.
>>
File: 1496553759857.jpg (375KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496553759857.jpg
375KB, 900x900px
>>138140508
Just did an enterview to work with censorship for Facebook. The selected positions would have to ban and censor any kind of content who was against Cultural MArxism. If this is happening here in this third world shit hole i cant even imagine how things many bad things are happening with thins kind of stuff for you burgers. STAY STRONG!
>>
>>138140508
I was recruited by a few SillyValley social media companies. Awful cunts with no grip on reality. They buy the meme that some shitty PHP website is somehow responsible for controlling culture.

Unwarranted Self Importance.

Now. lets not worry about getting you busted but let's do come up with some weaknesses in the overall social media industrial complex, yes?
>>
>>138148276
what if youre using his shitty products right now, and you dont even know it? triggered antifa? lulz
>>
>>138147489
Potential youtube replacement?
https://steemit.com/science/@ms007/dtube-all-about-it
>>
>>138140508
>I work at a MAJOR Silicon Valley social media company.
>Ask me anything, but I will be cagey as not to reveal the company I work for.

You're bullshitting, because if the company were major you wouldn't have any trouble revealing its name.

sage, sillicon valley engineers (outside of diversity hires) would be smart enough to see that blunder.
>>
>>138147489
The old tech did it right the first time, not enough people got exposed to the pure internet, and I'm sure even you missed some of it.
>>
>>138143439
Wont you sabotage?
>>
>>138144001

>If you have any software dev talents, use them.
>Host your own sites

Eat shit and die, you need a fuckton of money in order to compete with these (((people))). As for the censorship, there are contingencies but those exclude a lot of normies.
>>
>>138148963
>you need a fuckton of money in order to compete with these (((people))).
Tell me how much money Matt Drudge spends on hosting.
>>
how can intelligent people be so shortsighted, they're just pouring gasoline on the fire
>>
>>138149229
They're not intelligent, they're (((edcuated))), massive fuckin difference.
>>
>>138149229
Yes! That's the solution! Pour the whole cannister on it! Overuse all words until they ban everything. Soon you will need a degree in "acceptable terms" to get a job
>>
>>138148779

haha he's not that dumb. nice try though.
>>
File: 1493197362813.png (292KB, 499x583px) Image search: [Google]
1493197362813.png
292KB, 499x583px
>>138148779
>>
File: bingaling.png (30KB, 777x607px) Image search: [Google]
bingaling.png
30KB, 777x607px
>>138147429
Starting or joining with like-minded people to build tech companies is a great idea, but an opportunity for few reading this thread.

More realistically, stop feeding the large beasts. Punish them in the only place they feel pain, their wallet.

Here's some things you can do right now to hurt them:
1. Stop using Chrome. Switch to Brave, Opera, Firefox Focus, or another privacy-by-default browser.
2. Switch your default search provider from Google to Bing, Duckduckgo, or others. It's important to fragment the search industry so consumers have a choice again and are able to boycott.
3. FB is hard to ditch at the moment, we need people to fragment the social media space by making it open. Use FB as an address book and occasional place to celebrate your wedding anniversary, nothing more. You'll be happier for it. Fortunately FB is reasonably "based" for now considering how many SJWs inside want to turn it into their own personal dictatorship. Still, we need realistic alternatives.
4. Keep filling Twitter with garbage, spam, trolling, and hate. Twitter is a sinking ship, it is SJW central and cucked beyond imagining.
5. Report liberals on every site for violating hate speech rules. Make the rules difficult and arbitrary to enforce. This lowers morale and reduces the power of internal censorship teams.
5. Above all, stop showing loyalty to tech companies that want to shred the Constitution and make our internet like China.
>>
Tumblr is SJW central.
>>
File: 1502983175938.jpg (259KB, 634x430px) Image search: [Google]
1502983175938.jpg
259KB, 634x430px
>>138140508
If you are in deed legitimate and not a larper, respect. Cautious bump.
>>
>>138140508
>https://pastebin.com/cZLGNjy3
>>138140508
115. muh

wtf is this shit?
>>
>>138146388
>blockchain technology
/biz/nessman here. Are you saying this crypto bull run won't be over for a while?
>>
File: 8P4TeOJ.png (402KB, 1146x478px) Image search: [Google]
8P4TeOJ.png
402KB, 1146x478px
Do you think the general population will ever replace google as their search engine, since it has become practically unusable?
>>
>>138151110
Correct. That's not an endorsement to invest in any particular coin (much like saying the internet is the future in 1999 is not an endorsement to buy shares of webvan.com)
>>
>>138140508
Antifa isn't one of the words banned....wow
>>
>>138150658
Don't mistake the users of a site being SJW with the managers of the company being SJW. Tumblr as a company is pretty based as far as Big Social Media goes. This is probably more to do with Yahoo being on its back than any moral backbone though.
>>
File: lHHqi.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
lHHqi.gif
1MB, 193x135px
Some anon posts a list of words on the internet and you spergs automatically think it's proof you're being censored? Fuck me you fucks are dense.
>>
>>138151215
I think it's enough to get patriots and free-speech lovers off the platform. Fracturing search is the goal, Google doesn't have to die completely to win the war.
>>
File: IMG_0165.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>138140508

I really hope you didn't violate any non-disclosure agreement in your work contract by posting this.

Because if you did, you're pretty much fucked up the wall because it can potentially be VERY easy to track you.

Stay safe anon.
>>
File: IMG_0935.jpg (143KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0935.jpg
143KB, 1000x670px
>>138151314
You heard the man, buy Bitcoin boys. Get in before another moon mission.
>>
>>138152514
My op-sec was solid (not bulletproof), and since I didn't out the company I doubt they're going to launch and investigation assuming they even see this thread. What would they gain other than bad PR by firing me for whistleblowing about censorship? It could easily make national news.

And most of people with the know-how to bust my op-sec agree with me about freedom of online expression, so it'd have to be someone who agrees with censorship but also works in the most pro-free-speech sector of tech.
>>
File: IMG_0118.png (120KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.png
120KB, 640x1136px
Twitter is showing Donald trump's personal account when you search "nazi"

They either do that shit on purpose or the word is associated with him being tagged in posts with the word.
>>
>>138153964
Like I said in an earlier post, Twitter internally is the most cucked social media company on the planet. Nobody else stoops to their level. There's a reason Trump's posts on Twitter have a long string of "verified" replies beneath them that don't seem sorted in any logical order (unlike on Facebook). Even their engineers are cucked. It's bad. That's why the stock continues to tank.
>>
>>138153964
Also, they are definitely doing that shit on purpose. It is not a fucking accident that they treat their most valuable user with such disrespect. Fuck Twitter. They went from the free speech wing of the free speech party to fucking Stalin in just a few years.
>>
bump for visibility
>>
>>138152380
This desu.

OP, mind how they could possibly autoflag or ghost ban something containing "racist"?
That's the entire left wing and nigger population's most used word.
>>
>>138157558
Not all social networks care if Objects tagged with the word "racist" are easily searchable. Some of the censorship is simply about Disney-fication of the whole online experience, and not targeting any one group in particular.

Also, "ghosting" is complex. It not simple banning or even shadowbanning. There's a reason I used the vaguer term ghosting instead. Some will be shadowbanned, some will be ghosted. Some of them will only apply to new users or new objects. It's complicated.
>>
>>138158240
>>138157558
And more to the point, if I define ghosting clearly, I will out which company I work for.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.