[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes people to live in places like Upstate NY, non-coastal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 26

File: sub-buzz-18711-1493918052-13.jpg (46KB, 610x442px) Image search: [Google]
sub-buzz-18711-1493918052-13.jpg
46KB, 610x442px
What makes people to live in places like Upstate NY, non-coastal CA, or non-Chicago Illinois?

I feel that to be living in a rural area with all the weird regulations and laws coming from some crazy liberal cities (as they drive the politics of the whole state) which would not work at all.
>>
>>138126181
They're born there and can't get out.
>>
File: 1501208540007.png (997KB, 1930x771px) Image search: [Google]
1501208540007.png
997KB, 1930x771px
/Syracuse/ boi here

It fucking sucks
>>
>>138126360
>Syracuse
What is there? I don't know about anything apart from the university with the same name
>>
>>138126181
As someone who lives in NYC, I figure it breaks down in to two things:
a) There's lots and lots and lots of room upstate. There's nothing but mountains and forests for 6 hours from Albany to the Canadian border.
b) You get better social services because of all the money the barely inhabited parts of the state leech from NYC, the big bread winner.
>>
>>138126181
Nassau here, what fucking retard thinks Nassau and Suffolk is similar to NYC?
>>
>>138128500
Nassau and Suffolk are different from the City. The taxes are higher, the services are worse, and the laws are more restrictive.
>>
I live in Greene county. Life is so depressing here. Everything I want to do is illegal because the nyc jews banned everything. I hate this god forsaken state.If there is one thing the 9/11 hijackers got right it was having NYC as their target. The street trash capital of America. I also hate long island. They are a bunch of brain dead retards who think the world revolves around them. The reason I live here is because I was born here. Soon I hope to move to another state because I can't fight the NYC retards no more
>>
>>138129066
>They are a bunch of brain dead retards who think the world revolves around them
how so?
>>
>>138129066
>Everything I want to do is illegal because the nyc jews banned everything.

Don't blame us for Cuomo. He's not a City boy in any way.
>>
Southern Illinois has nothing in common with Chicago. Wish we would secede.
>>
>>138128500

Nassau also. It is a real quick trip into the city for me. Just hop on the train and I'm there. I pretty much never go though because it is gay.

Upstate NY is basically Pennsylvania. I don't know why it even exists.
>>
>>138128500
>>138128679
>Long Island
What is difference btwn that, Northern NJ, Westchester, and some part of CT (Fairfield)? To a person not familiar with NYC and surrounding area, they just look like NYC suburb
>>
>>138126348
This is true. I am from Long Island, but I went to Binghamton for undergrad and Syracuse for law school. I have a lot of friends born and raised in upstate New York who love it, despite the fact that they would probably be able to find more fulfilling work if they moved for a larger metropolitan area.

It is cheap to live there, and I suppose it would be ok to retire to, but I'm perplexed how working adults like it.
>>
>>138130197
White people
>>
at least you weren't raised in nyc
>>
>>138129541
Every time we have a thread about splitting upstate and downstate the long island people complain that they will be stuck with NYC. They can't seem to understand they we don't care about them. They usually vote democratic so they would fit right in with NYC. Also they say they hate NYC but most of them work there.
>>138129758
You all voted for him.
>>
>>138130197
>Northern NJ,

Can't make left turns, can't pump your own gas

>Westchester

Upstate

>some part of CT (Fairfield)

Yuppies, yuppies everywhere

>>138130441
Being raised in NYC was pretty awesome
>>
>>138130613
nassau and suffolk are both red counties, no offense but you'll need to make a more logical argument than that.
>>
>>138130285

I'm from Lawn Guyland and I went to SUNY Albany. A lot of long islanders up there but there were kids from all around the state. My roommate was from some rural hick town. He literally referred to soda as "pop". Wtf!!??
>>
File: WE-1.jpg (29KB, 176x348px) Image search: [Google]
WE-1.jpg
29KB, 176x348px
>>138130637
>raised in nyc
Are you black anon kun
>>
>>138126181
Well upstate New York is a beautiful place. Not sure what advantages it has over Vermont or NH though.
>>
>>138130850
you flyover state retards really like spouting how retarded you are
>>
>>138126181
Does anyone actually care about upstate NY? It's like PA outside of Philly/delaware valley
>>
>>138130916
Garbage plates man.
>>
>>138130850

There are lots of white people and lots of (((white))) people in nyc
>>
>>138130637
I hate Fairfield so much, they fucking imported nogs from Bridgeport to make schools more (((diverse))) all it did was lower test scores increase theft and vandalism, smoke weed. Almost all the whites are Bernie supporting cucks.
>>
>>138126181
Latham here. 99.9% white. Few Asians. Everyone is a doctor or lawyer or similar. It's very comfy living here.
>>
>>138126181

I live in NYC and spent a month living in westchester prior to moving into the city. The parts outside of the city are possibly my favorite places in the world, I would like to live there long term but I know that, as a Canadian, I ultimately have to go back. I don't see why people enjoy NYC though? I feel like it's a giant meme. Sure being here as a tourist is OK once for a few days but beyond that why does anyone say "oh i LOVE new york city!". It's expensive and, like every big city, not particular unique. It's dirty and dangerous as well. What exactly is good about NYC can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>138130712
Last time Nassau voted republican was 1988
Suffolk voted democratic from 1996 to 2012. Trump barely won a majority in 2016
>>
>>138126181

I heard Northern California have their separatist movement called Jefferson???
>>
>>138130613
>You all voted for him.

Fuck no, I voted for Zephyr Teachout.

>>138130850
Nope, I'm a Jew. Like >>138130993 said.

>>138131010
Why? Do they want to damage their children's educational prospects?

>>138131370
>What exactly is good about NYC can someone explain this to me?

It's like a small town with 8 million people. Each neighborhood (except for hipster hoods) has a real sense of community. I know my neighbors, my neighbors know me, and we support each other. And even in Manhattan, on a nearly daily basis I run into someone I know amidst the surging crowds.
>>
WHERE MY LOCKPORT NIGGAS AT??
>>
>>138126181
Can't fucking stand NYC.
Have family in Columbia, way out the way too, it's like a completely different world.
>>
>>138131766

ah I see, I live in Harlem so that's certainly not true for me. I just try every day to not get murdered.
>>
>>138131766
>Nope, I'm a Jew
ahh I see, you should amend your post to "Being raised in nyc as a wealthy jew was awesome"
>>
>>138131766
>Each neighborhood (except for hipster hoods) has a real sense of community
How does that work in a multicultural city? I can kinda imagine this in a university town (which is kinda multicultural due to influx of Asians) as I lived a few but cannot imagine that in some big city neighborhoods
>>138131010
I thought those rich people in Fairfield spent $$ to live there to avoid nogs and shit in the city
>>138131993
>Harlem
You could have lived in NJ (Jersey City or so) or Staten Island had you wanted cheaper rent......
>>
>>138131766
They did it because Bridgeport doesn't give them the opportunity to succeed. But all they did was drag the rest of them down I knew of 4 of them who were illiterate, 1 who had to pay child support as a freshman, all of them regularly smoked and would get caught but couldn't be kicked out, and all the nigresses were fat whores.
>>
>>138130164
>Upstate NY is basically Pennsylvania.
Fucking this. I was driving from the city to Niagara once and the only hint i got that i was in PA was some dude talking to me about the fucking Penguins at a gas station
>>
>>138132331
Depends on which part of town you live in the towns pretty big on one side there's a regular suburb town on the other you have the super rich country club liberals. The rich ones all vote for stupid shit like importing nogs because they send their kids to private schools while us peons have to bear the consequences.
>>
My family has lived in various parts of upstate NY since 1848.

McNiggers
>>
>>138131183
I'm in Delmar - Hey!
>>
we should nuke all cities above 2 million people
>>
>>138131993
Harlem isn't that bad any more. I walk through it (at night) every month or so, East Harlem sometimes too, and it's not nearly as dangerous as it was when I was a teen.

>>138132273
>"Being raised in nyc as a wealthy jew was awesome"

I have no doubt it is, but I'm a working class Jew from Queens, not some Bnei Brith WASP wannabe court jew from the Upper East Side. My dad's a non-union plumber and my mom's a charity worker.

>>138132331
>How does that work in a multicultural city?

It works even better, because every few blocks suddenly feeling like you're in a different country means that each area and neighborhood has a distinct feel and distinct sense of community.

And since there's major shopping streets every few blocks, most things you need are within easy walking distance, just like a small town; people are walking on the streets instead of in cars, so you get to run into your neighbors much more often.

>>138132518
>would get caught but couldn't be kicked out

That's the real problem right there. Disenfranchised minorities will never succeed unless they're held to the same behavioral standards as everyone else.

>>138133014
My family has been living in the city since the start of the 20th century. Some of my ancestors were here since the mid 1800s, before NYC was a unified city.
>>
>>138129066
Greene County is great. I'm near Albany ut used to work down there. Used to see lots of eagles on the reservoir -- almost hit one! I like Greyfox Bluegrass festival in Oak Hill too.
>>
>>138133192

I've heard that it used to be much worse, however there were 6 people shot right outside my building 4-6 weeks ago so lets not pretend it's OK.

>>138132331
yea and then commute for 1.5 hours each way to get to work
>>
>>138128484
We need to start charging you more for water
>>
>>138126181

Dutchess County, NY here.

Guns, bows, fishing, trapping, loads of college aged puss to smash, down side is Vassar college is down the road from my home. Jew-centric University. Plus side is they frequently have slut walks and all sorts of "I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR MY SHIRT" type feminist protests. Not far enough to see a lot of stars though, all the ambient light is annoying. IF I want a day of degeneracy the city is a short train ride away.

6/10 existence, minus 4 points for having to coexist in near proximity to niggers and wetbacks 10 miles away.
>>
File: 1424131277563.jpg (885KB, 4000x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1424131277563.jpg
885KB, 4000x2028px
Typically people either live here because they were born and raised in the area are love the natural beauty. Barring those life kinda sucks here.
>>138130164
>Upstate NY is basically Pennsylvania
Northeastern PA and the middle of upstate NY are pretty much the same, but PA itself is like 4 different cultural zones.
>>
>>138133569
It's our water, we purchased the rights in perpetuity 150+ years ago.

Captcha: water gotta
>>
>>138126181
Inland Empire region a dumping ground of convict felons, ghetto blacks, illegal aliens/ immigrants & redneck./white collar/blue collar folk the liberal urban centers in coastal CA don't want.
>>
>>138133420
Yeah gray fox is the only festival I'd ever go to. Good times.
>>
>>138126181
You know different counties have different rules right?

Like my city in central MA makes it a bitch to get your LTC. The town over, literally 10 minute drive from where I live is like a month process at most.
>>
File: world without.jpg (40KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
world without.jpg
40KB, 600x433px
>>
>>138130197
I'm from westchester, and you basically hit the nail on the head. There's a few quiet, conservative towns more north of the county though.
>>
>>138128500
Suffolk fag here everyone thats lives here who are not married desperately want to leave its literally shit.
>>
>>138133671
It's good to remember that the Hudson Valley is so beautiful there's an entire school of painting named after it.

>>138134855
Saved
>>
>>138135536
>everyone thats lives here who are not married desperately want to leave its literally shit.
I guess even married ones want to leave. I see a bunch of affluent couples from Long Island heading to South Florida
>>
>>138130025
Can the burbs come too? Fuck that city man
>>
>>138126181
Only reason is that all the smart people leave and you can buy cheap land.
>>
>>138126181
I live in Western NY. You are right. This area is dying more every day and nobody really seems to care. People care, but they wont dare name the real reasons why. They just resort to "this place is full of scumbags, drug addicts and racists". Even they know thats not the real reason, but they would rather say that than be ousted as a dirty greedy conservative to their friends. This place is poor as dirt, yet property taxes are still sky high. Everyone with any money moves away as soon as they hit their 20s. People who are system leeches never leave because they get endless gibs here. Its pretty much set up to fail, but nobody wants to change anything. They would rather be able to say they live in a blue state than have economic prosperity. Its fucking sad man. I love my area, but i dont know how much longer i can stay here. There barely any people my age left in my county (chautauqua). And its getting more ghettofied every year.
>>
Ulster County mulatto here. Everything is great, Italian and Irish bros aplenty, and white teens literally do anything you ask.
>>
>>138130285
I think you misinterpreted what OP is saying. He's not saying why don't they move to the city, rather why do they be rural in a state where everything is dictated by a very left wing city rather than going to other states where rurals still have a voice.
>>
>>138137121
OP here. That was kinda what I wanted to say.
>>
>>138136767
They tax the hell out of cigarettes and try to say "we are motivating people to quite smoking". At the same time Cuomo is proposing a new tax on vape liquid. Alot of people quit smoking because they start vaping, so that argument is complete bullshit but they dont even care. If it works for NYC, to hell with the rest of NYS. The infrastructure here is crumbling, even though taxes are out of control. Local schools suck up so much money and spend it on worthless stupid shit like big flashy double sided digital signs that are on outside the school 24/7. Ya know, you really need to know about the cheer leading squad going to a different school while driving by at 2am. I dont even understand how they can afford it anymore. Rich people move away, and the burden falls on the middle class. The middle class here is already flooding out, how the hell are they going to keep this gimmick afloat? It wont be long until they start a soda/sugary drink tax. Fuck this area man, i really need to get out. My best friend moved to Florida 3 years ago and hes happier than ever. He has so many opportunities to make money and there are so many more people our age there.
>>
>>138136767
>drug addicts
that's unironically true though, at least for Central Upstate NY/NE PA. The amount of dumbasses I know who have turned into drug addicts the past 5 years has been insane, and I've pretty much written off the 20-30 year olds as beyond saving. Mind you, on the PA side this is at the same time as we had the gas boom exploding, so I wouldn't write off the danger of it
>>
>>138136767
>>138137423

Western New York is Canada basically.

You have Tim Hortons, enough said. Keep your garbage plates and Amish inbreds. Thank you.
>>
>>138137121
>a state where everything is dictated by a very left wing city rather than going to other states where rurals still have a voice.

Oh please, there's just as many stupid laws and regulations pushed on the City (and other urban areas like Buffalo and Rochester) as there are stupid laws pushed the other way around.
>>
>>138133617
Cool another 845. Im over in lagrange. Have you noticed the antifa stickers going up lately around Poughkeepsie? I know its coming from a Vassar commie. Thinking about just sticking helicopter stickers over them instead of scratching them off.
>>
>>138138027
Drug addiction is happening all over the country. Its just as bad in Florida and Colorado.
>>
>>138138162
Tim hortons is fucking garbage. They have decent coffee and doughnuts but thats it. Everything else they serve is either garbage food or outrageously overpriced.
>>
>>138138550
its certainly happening all over the country, but you can't minimize that it's part of the reason that rural areas here like upstate are withering and dying.
The stifling and lack of economic growth may have started the stagnation, but having to pretty much write off a generation and then some is what's going to kill us
>>
I have a certain level of familiarity with NYC, the Catskill area, Hudson Valley, Capitol Region and Adirondacks - basically eastern New York. Buffalo too. Not LI though. First, people not familiar would not believe how country/hick the Catskills are; except that it has some disgusting jew orthodox colonists that have pressed their way in in a few too many areas. Disgusting parasite roaches. Ugh. The Adirondacks is a beautiful wilderness with lakes rivers and mountains; the people have a homesteading redneck streak up there. Catskill are nice too but not as grand as the Adirondacks. The Hudson Valley is adjacent to the Catskills and in filled with bohemian NYC Woodstock types who couldn't handle the expense of the city. Albany, the Capitol district is loaded with the sons and daughters of the Revolution. Buffalo is old diverse but settled in. Trump country. Everything north of the Hudson Valley is now Trump country. NYC: museums, libraries, theatres, restaurants; good for two of three days, otherwise stifling, energy-absorbing and filthy. And loaded with nutzoid leftists.
>>
>>138138162
>hating on the Amish
Fuck you. They keep to themselves and they vote overwhelmingly conservative. There is nothing wrong with Amish people.
>>
>>138128500
suffolk here
fuck off blue faggot
>>138128679
the speed limit on the LIE is 100 and nobody gives a fuck
>>138130712
nassau is blue

here in suffolk we have a small, centralized spic and heroin problem
but nassau has more nigs so its ok
>>
>>138139188
Of course its part of the problem. Im not saying it isnt, but that alone isnt going to destroy an area.
>>
>>138138550
opiate deaths dropped 25% in Washington and Colorado when they legalized pot

>>www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2016/04/26/is-marijuana-a-gateway-drug/overdoses-fell-with-medical-marijuana-legalization
>>
>>138126181
Kick Westchester out of there too
>>
POC born and raised in NYC, shit was good here till you fuking fly over states pushed out the retarded fags and sent to us. white fags and wanna be hipsters, death on NYC... ill be upstate in two years fuck this place!
>>
>>138139619
Colorado wasnt even close to being as stagnant as NY before they legalised pot.
>>
>>138126181
Well there's houses all the by lake shore of Illinois that cost bread. Neighborhoods along the north side of the lake are expensive as shit lake forest and wakegun are two notable ones. Id imagine it's people who have a lot of money and don't like other people. There's some neighborhoods north of chcciagi that are just beautiful.

t. North side Chicago fag who goes fishing up state.
>>
>>138139898
Northwest suburbs of Chicago are what America could look like. Not just the whites but just the people there care about their grass and the landscape
>>
Just moved from the big city back to a small city, seriously considered moving to the actual sticks (which aren't far from here).

Why?

Because all my work is on the internet, and why am I paying city rents when I can work anywhere?

I lived in a city that literally added two million residents in the last thirty years. You know all the ways they improved that city? None. Not one single way. Everything sucked more, people were nowhere near as interesting, the rents went insane, all the musicians and old people moved away, all the new people were rich kids who worked in tech and had no interest in anything, and everything we used to like to do was gradually torn away.

Towards the end, I started asking people if they could name one single way that the extra two million people improved our city. No one ever could. Who gives a fuck about new hike and bike trails when they're clogged as Central Park? Who cares about new statues downtown when you can't even drive through downtown anymore, much less park?

I move to a smaller town and buy a new computer with the money I save in one month of rent.
>>
>>138126181
I live in a suburb outside of Chicago. It's close enough that the city is 20 minutes away at a non busy traffic hour and far enough that we don't have the city degenerates. Aside from the food being excruciatingly good, it's peaceful and there's not a lot of trouble going on. Yes it's in cook county, but that never really interferes with my life or decisions outside of the property taxes.
>>
>>138139329
Oh, and upstate has never benefitted from Jew York City and probably - no, not probably - would have done better without it. jews with "their" federal Reserve banking monopoly (NY "Fed") have never helped out other sections of the state... because few jews. Disgusting. Therefore fore most of the 20th century NY state has suffered despite NYC prospering mightily.
>>
>>138128484
>There's nothing but mountains and forests for 6 hours from Albany

Jesus you're not fucking kidding. I thought I was 'rural.' Not until I drive up to Buffalo for a business-related activity and walk into a rest stop McDonalds and all of the clerks and food preppers are 15 year old white girls and not 35 year old spics with children
>>
>>138139329
>except that it has some disgusting jew orthodox colonists

Bungalow Colonies aren't actual colonies, Anon.

>>138139444

>the speed limit on the LIE is 100 and nobody gives a fuck

Fuck Vision Zero and fuck DeBlasio.

>>138140392
>I lived in a city that literally added two million residents in the last thirty years. You know all the ways they improved that city? None. Not one single way. Everything sucked more, people were nowhere near as interesting, the rents went insane, all the musicians and old people moved away, all the new people were rich kids who worked in tech and had no interest in anything, and everything we used to like to do was gradually torn away.

>>138140392

San Franciso? Houston?

>>138140693
>Oh, and upstate has never benefitted from Jew York City

Except for endlessly spending NYC's tax dollars so the City only gets a fraction back of what it sends to Albany.

>jews with "their" federal Reserve banking monopoly (NY "Fed") have never helped out other sections of the state

WTF would the Fed have to do with infrastructure investments or public works programs? Do you understand how the Fed works? (Cause I don't.)

>>138140711
And You can buy 50 acres for the price of the tiniest apartment in the worst NYC neighborhoods.
>>
>>138141209

No, but isn't it interesting that there are too many cities to guess?

Austin.
>>
>>138141558
>Austin
What is it like compare to Dallas or Houston? If I were to move to Texas those are like other 2 cities I can consider other than Austin for a job
>>
>>138140693

>jews with "their" federal Reserve banking monopoly (NY "Fed") have never helped out other sections of the state

Infrastructure is overwhelmingly a state budget thing, not a Federal one. Blame Cuomo for being a massive faggot. For what it's worth, infrastructure spending in NYC is too low as well, I can think of a half-dozen major projects that need to happen - heck, needed to have happened a decade ago - that still haven't even had plans drafted.
>>
>>138141209
Are you out of your mind? Upstate suffers mightily for all of the welfare people it has to sustain in the city. You have NYC prices in all corners of the state. It's shocking, really. Sorry, mother fucker, you're wrong, or a troll...
>>
>>138126181

I live about 45 miles east of San Diego. I decided to buy a house up here because I love the country up here.

>4000 ft above sea level
>light snow in the winter
>housing is cheaper
>bigger lot
>two car garage
>less Mexicans
>safer
>quiet
>mountain views

I commute downtown everyday and it's worth the commute.
>>
>>138126360
same

lmao at that cuomo sign god fucking just end my life
>>
>>138130197
Long Island has the Boardy Barn
>>
>>138128484
There's also excellent fishing upstate, not that most people would care, but I do.
>>
>>138140459
Oh good for you. What's there to do in Chicago area? Run? Bike? Eat? Nice.
>>
>>138126360
/Fairport/ here. It isn't too awful, electricity it cheap and the nigs are kept separate
>>
>>138138781
Rhode Island is the donut Capitol of the world. People there love donuts. Don't ask me why.
>>
File: 1495495125846.jpg (24KB, 343x317px) Image search: [Google]
1495495125846.jpg
24KB, 343x317px
Suffolk County here I plan to move either upstate or down south after college. Long Island isn't fantastic, but it's sure as hell better than jew york city.
>>
>>138127312
an incredibly depressing post industrial hellscape abutting one of the most polluted lakes in the entire world with horrible horrible weather a dead economy eye popping corruption poverty and an incredible atmosphere of hopelessness
>>
>>138142931
I mainly fish for striped bass bit you guys got some killer steelheads
>>
>>138143645
>Long Island
A lot of people from there move to South FL? Any reason why? Even young ones (those graduated colleges) move there
>>
>>138143708
plus, NIGGERS
>>
>>138134855
Makes no sense. All the roaches and rats are in NYC. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>138127312
The schools great (mad sluttty Japs go there too) and the weather and scenery is brettty nice in summer and fall. Loved that place
t. Orangmen
>>
>>138143891
Anyone I know who's moved there did it because of financial reasons. Long Island ain't cheap.
>>
>>138126348
>non-Chicago Illinois?

>>138126348
>They're born there and can't get out.
gave me chills, anon
>>
>>138126348

This. I live in the Central Valley. Don't make enough to escape, but don't make enough to really live. Hell I lived in my car for eight months last year while working 40 hour weeks.
>>
>>138130850

Nah, just a mong like all the people on the HWNDU steam.
>>
>>138141558
Huh, I thought Austin at least had good nightlife.

>>138142554
Bullshit, NYC sends lot more money upstate then it ever gets back.

10 seconds in google:
http://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2016/oct/14/chris-jacobs/state-spends-more-western-new-york-it-receives-tax/

>NYC prices in all corners of the state

On what? I don't shop upstate much, but gas is cheaper, there's no city sales tax tacked on, and land is much much cheaper.

>>138143891
>A lot of people from there move to South FL? Any reason why?

The same reason everyone moves to South Florida. The weather. Long Island is a frigid winter hellscape 4-6 months of the year, and it only gets worse as you go upstate. Plus LI gets unobstructed ocean wind.
>>
>>138145203
Please archive
https://unvis.it/politifact.com/new-york/statements/2016/oct/14/chris-jacobs/state-spends-more-western-new-york-it-receives-tax
>>
>>138126181
This is how CA is if you don't live in Sacramento, San Francisco, or any of the cities near Los Angeles. Literally, SF and LA drive the politics in the state.
>>
people who do not live in cities or near cities cannot fathom what it's like to live in them; people who do not live in the country cannot fathom what it's like to live there

it's two worlds
>>
>>138127312
It's total garbage
>>
>>138145280
>Sacramento
Is there anything worth there? I just imagine that city to be some generic inland CA town that happens to be the state capital. Pretty much generic like Tallahassee, the FL capital
>>
File: Feel_Guy.jpg (58KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Feel_Guy.jpg
58KB, 750x750px
>>138143645
Sometimes I think about leaving Long Island but I don't think I could. Most of my family is on the island and I'm a r9k loser who's not good at making friends. this place is the only way of life I know. I visited some family in the South and was surprised at how long it took the drive to anywhere. I felt culture shock without even leaving the country.
some circumstance would have to force me to leave. I sometimes worry that human refuse from that multicultural hellhole will spill over. If it came to that I'm not sure where I'd flee to. wherever that would be I'm sure he could adjust as long as I have fast internet and it local coffee shop.

>>138145203
>Long Island is a frigid winter hellscape 4-6 months of the year, and it only gets worse as you go upstate. Plus LI gets unobstructed ocean wind.
that's something I like about this place. I don't mind cold weather, it's summer heat that gets to me.
>>
File: gripspill.png (212KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gripspill.png
212KB, 400x400px
>>138146203
>Is there anything worth there?
Death Grips
>>
>>138126181

It doesn't work, the rest of the state wants to separate from the city, not the other way around, NYC is a fucking leech on the state.

It's why i moved out.
>>
Former south shore Long Islander here. Now I live in Binghamton and teach in Binghamton City.
My observations:
1. Anything north of Westchester is basically part of the "Rust Belt," just rural poverty
2. Upstate cities (Albany, Newburgh, Bing, Syracuse, Buff) receive the butt-end of gentrification in thr city. As the white out-of-staters move into Brooklyn and Queens, the nogs move up here.
3. Once recreational pot comes to NY we'll have the Colorado effect and become a hip mountain marijuana playground with the Catskills, Adirondacks, and Great Lakes serving as the major selling points.
4. There are a shit load of Jews in Sullivan County
>>
>>138146566
Where on the South Shore? I grew up in Rockville Centre.

Did you go to SUNY Binghamton?
>>
>>138146738
Brooklyn transplant during white flight 90s to Amityville
I just live in Bing. The uni is for poos, slanty-eyed yellow skin devils, and wealthy lawn guylanders
>>
>>138146401
Bro fist my dude
>>
File: 1481769726489.jpg (45KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1481769726489.jpg
45KB, 511x428px
>>138126181
>live in rural Ontario comfy, small, farm town

>literally millions of indians, pakis, niggers, and phillipinos flooding out of the GTA

>our elementary school now has to teach 4th graders about gay sex and transgenderism (this is not an exaggeration)

>effective taxes between 40-50% of total income

>FUCKING TORONTO FAGGOTS BUILING 7 BILLION GIANT UGLY FUCKING FAGGOT WINDMILLS THAT THEY NEVER HAVE TO LOOK AT BUT THEY COMPLETELY SHIT UP THE CONTRYSIDE AND THEY JUST KEEP BUILDING MORE REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>138142967
In the city, i drink. Near my home, I go to shows, breweries, and there's plenty of forests and lakes for fishing or camping or the other stuff you mentioned. I like to work out and cook out and on top of that I enjoy just sitting on my front porch.
>>
File: nyc3.jpg (1MB, 1483x1113px) Image search: [Google]
nyc3.jpg
1MB, 1483x1113px
>>138126181
I'm sorry state. Requesting artillery on my position.
>>
California is effectively several states. Just the Republican population alone, (not counting right-leaning independents and libertarians -or their kids-) would still be the 24th most populous state with 5,225,675 people.
>>
North eastern CA is more like Idaho than LA
>>
>>138139444
>nassau has more nigs
someone has never been to Coram/Gorden Heights
>>
>>138147542
Delete this now this pic is too true, fuck me.
>>
I grew up in upstate NY. IT SUCKED! TAXES SUCKED! Being dictated to by the first Cuomo (Mario) all of it sucked! Best move, moving to Florida. NO TAXES, NICE WEATHER!

shhhh don't tell anyone.
>>
>>138146380
I feel the same way about the family aspect of the whole thing, but realistically where I want to move is only about a 4.5 hour drive so it's not impossible to visit family relatively frequently. My encounters with people up there have almost all been good ones, and for the most part the people there are nice. My great -grandfather moved up there after migrating to the US from Italy, and he lived a simple, happy life. Also, internet and stuff is all easily accessed up there, so don't worry about that shit.
>>
>>138145242
Is there a reason to archive politifact? Aslo, why not archive.is?

>>138146380
>long as I have fast internet and it local coffee shop.

If by local you mean "walking distance" and not "30 min drive" you might be out of luck.

>that's something I like about this place. I don't mind cold weather, it's summer heat that gets to me.

You may not be a prime candidate for moving to South Florida.

>>138146566
>Once recreational pot comes to NY we'll have the Colorado effect and become a hip mountain marijuana playground with the Catskills,

Might we see a Borscht Belt resurgence? (good Borscht tastes great when high...)

>4. There are a shit load of Jews in Sullivan County

Monticello is like bungalow colony central.

>>138147542
That looks like my daily ride to work.
>>
>>138127312
Well on there's either a titty bar or porn shop about every other mile on East Erie Blvd it seems along with blight on E Erie and the sides streets until you get closer to the hospital and university. And there's also Tully's and pizza at either the Varsity or Acropolis. That's just off the top of my head. It's pretty much a post-industrial husk of a city.
>>
>>138149661
erie blvd is such a dump they might as well re-dig the canal at this point
>>
Strong Hearts Cafe in Syracuse is a front for the local Antifa group and actively launders money for use in domestic left-terrorism causes
>>
>TFW your hometown is Basecamp for the 46
>Tfw quebecois camp in Walmart parking lot
>tfw ruled by Albany jews
I wish to move 15 minutes east into VT, Northeast kingdom would be comfy and could go agricultural
>>
File: 1501874480747.jpg (31KB, 314x289px) Image search: [Google]
1501874480747.jpg
31KB, 314x289px
>>138126181
I live in Texas but visit family in Upstate NY sometimes. I think the countryside is absolutely beautiful and the small towns North of Schenectady are pretty too. I just hate how ugly the cities are.
>>
>>138151112
What city did you grow up in? I'm in the same situation.
>>
any other /North country/ in here?
>>
File: 1503031360433.jpg (52KB, 1021x763px) Image search: [Google]
1503031360433.jpg
52KB, 1021x763px
>>138126360
>mfw born and bred in nyc
send help
>>
>>138138162
I'd rather have inbred Amish who keep to themselves living with me than nignogs who'll chimp out at the slightest perceived slight.
>>
Syracuseanon here
how do I escape from this hell?
>>
>>138143412

sheeeeeeit, I thought I was the only poster from that town.
>>
File: 1503030757038.jpg (33KB, 401x485px) Image search: [Google]
1503030757038.jpg
33KB, 401x485px
>>138151237
Not gonna say specifics but the Rio Grande Valley. Litterally Mexico and I travel to NY by car.
>>
File: 1498483355849.png (153KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498483355849.png
153KB, 540x400px
mynoise so many long Islanders used 4chan. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. . .
>>138149306
>internet and stuff is all easily accessed up there, so don't worry about that shit.
I don't think you fully understand.
There's a coffee shop on LI that I love, enough to overlook the genderless bathrooms and rainbow flag on the front door because the coffee is good. Starbucks, 711 Etc taste like dirt after I started going to that place. I'm sure you can shop online from the most obscure rural dustbin in the country but if I have nothing but cheap crap to drink in the morning I'll turn into the next Adam Lanza.
>>
Upstate always punches above its weight online.

Arctic weather, despair, and lack of shit to do lends itself to prolific internet use.
>>
I see your point OP, and I agree to a limited degree because counties still have a fair amount of control over their domains. Pennsylvania has Pittsburgh and Philly and those cities are liberal, but the county I grew up in was conservative and had a visible conservative agenda.

Grew up in rural PA, Pike County. Beautiful, peaceful, and conservative area with very cheap and affordable housing. One big perk is you also get about an acre of land with your house and you can actually like chop down a fucking tree and avoid getting fined (It's technically illegal without permission, but you know what I mean). One big problem is not a lot of economic opportunity. Many people in pike county commute to NYC or other far away cities/economically booming zones because the more rural the less jobs.

I no longer live there; I moved to long island and I now see the advantages and disadvantages of living rural vs sub-urban vs urban.

I would say the only two worth living in are rural and sub-urban. New York City sucks and is overly praised by normies and trendy liberals. I hardly ever visit NYC and feel bad for Long Islanders who commute to NYC for work.
>>
>>138152264
There's some good coffee shops up there as well you just have to look that's all. It's not that desolate up there lmao.
>>
>>138151562
>>138147542
>born in nyc
>family trapped in that weird hell where you don't make enough to uproot but make too much to get gibs
>neighbors and friends you grew up with now moving in droves because everything costs too much for the working class
>will most likely die in nyc
feels hollow
>>
>>138126360
Same here
>>
>>138127312
Niggers spreading
>>
Anyone here from cuse go to the Trump rally during the primaries? I went with my 3D and was really impressed with how good everyone looked for the most part. Really young crowd too. Not surprising there's so many of us here.
>>
File: 1492549387162.jpg (177KB, 710x888px) Image search: [Google]
1492549387162.jpg
177KB, 710x888px
>>138152497
good to hear although I'd still be living in a colony of a Democrat stronghold. Actually visited upstate once. I visited Oswego to see a family member who is studying there. It seemd like a nice town.
>>
>>138126348
Absolutely this, I was lucky that I could escape California.
>>
>>138152815
I have to go to the west side often for work and the are around Geddes St. is a real horror show. Nigs and half-nigs EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>138146401
stay noided
>>
area*
>>
>>138153150
Yeah NY is always gonna be blue unfortunately, but you escape most of the lefty nonsense once you get like 2-3 hours up there. One of the main reasons I love the place.
>>
>>138153470
2-3 hours gets you to Ithaca which is the gayest bluest city in the state, probably top 5 for the whole USA. There's a reason its original name was "Sodom"
>>
Rochester here I am a transplant who came for RIT. Kind of stuck here because muh Wegmans and I'm paying off my student loans.
>>
>>138126181
Buffalo can be downright depressing at times, but it's got a few things going for it.
1. It's extremely cheap. I lived there to go to college and I could get a two-bedroom apartment with a balcony for the price of a studio in Chicago, where I actually got a job when I graduated.
2. Next to no traffic, unless there's an accident. The city once had almost a million people and now is down to less than a quarter of a million, but still has relatively the same infrastructure.
3. Probably because of the above, you can get anywhere you want by car in less than 15 minutes (including way out in the suburbs). Unfortunately, especially if you live in the suburbs, it's impossible to get anywhere without a car, since with the exception of a really horrible bus system and a subway to nowhere, public transportation is non-existent.
>>
>>138126181
Places outside of cook range from great to nigger infested holes.

Example the Lake in the Hills area of Kane county is super white and not bad at all

The only real bad spots are the pockets of crime infested streets. The crime is mainly committed by drug dealers and users trying to get street respect although street respect doesnt exist out here they are only peacocking to other criminals.

Don't go to rockford or downtown elgin and you are good.

Also cops do their job in every county right. IL cops get shit done I never had problems with them.
>>
>>138152492
>One big perk is you also get about an acre of land with your house and you can actually like chop down a fucking tree and avoid getting fined (It's technically illegal without permission, but you know what I mean).

Why is it illegal?

Even here in "everything is forbidden" NYC you're allowed to chop down a tree that's growing on your private property.

(You have to get it carted away, tho - it can't go in the regular garbage because of Asian Longhorned Beetle fears.)
>>
>>138126181
state electoral college. its the only way.
>>
>>138126181

>Implying WNYers aren't the only true Americans left

Pic Related.
>>
>>138131696
upstate also has the amsterdam plan to attempt secession from downstate we're voting this year hope downstate votes yes
>>
North or Syracuse here
It's not really bad here besides the handgun laws and all that bullshit

>>138144197
I always seen a bunch at Unique Tea House on Marshall street
Mix of all kinds of Asians desu
>>
>>138133178
youre setting the bar too low.. typical nazi. real men believe in the one drop rule
>>
File: 1496196722458_0.png (1016KB, 796x673px) Image search: [Google]
1496196722458_0.png
1016KB, 796x673px
Utica-Rome area here. It isn't terrible. I do plan to get out in a few years though. But I don't know where to go or what's better.
>>
>>138155080
I'd love for it to pass vis New Amsterdam plan but there's no way it will.
>>
>>138155090
Japs means jewish american princess not actual japs
>>
>>138155252
>Utica
is this legit whats happening in utica?
http://thermidormag.com/my-hometown-is-gone/
>>
>>138155090
yellow asians round the university are like 95% chinese desu senpai
>>
File: Bluebottles.jpg (403KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bluebottles.jpg
403KB, 800x445px
Because I like to drink beer and live in a city that embraces alcoholism . Pic related.
>>
>>138140392
I'm escaping from Austin too
>>
>>138155892
Damn straight nothing beats drunk driving in the winter
>>
>>138155589
Ya that's legit. I never go near the city limits. Driving through there is hell. Socialist college students raise living hell whenever a single illegal of any creed gets deported out of there to the point that deportations are rare. They're going for full sanctuary city status. It's disgusting. But to me, Utica was lost a long time ago.
>>
>>138142132
If you're going to live in a city, Dallas and Houston are fine. Fort Worth is quite conservative. The only people doing well in Austin now are Californians who flipped their houses before moving here
>>
File: IMG_1298.png (342KB, 585x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1298.png
342KB, 585x451px
>>138126181
Some people like to stay where they were born and some just can't afford to leave. Whenever I go upstate I'm reminded how depressing it can be. You commonly pass decrepit and sometimes burned down old houses and other random buildlings. However as a cityfag I have my own shit to worry about so I can only feel bad for them. Last year I paid 30k+ in taxes and I barely see that money doing anything for me so it pisses me off whenever upstate new yorkers tell me how much of a drain I am.
>>
>>138156306
thanks for replying, sorry to hear that man
>>
>>138156523

well the money's got to be going somewhere.
>>
>>138126181
Cause they already lived there from time immemorial as rednecks or cause theyre niggers who were priced out of nyc

Upper east side reporting in ama
>>
Does Upstate NY have the red light cameras like Long Island has? How much of our suffering do they share?
>>
>>138157138
Cuomo's pockets probably.
>>
>>138155589
That is terrible. And it feels to familiar.
>>
>>138155589
man that's a depressing read
>>
>>138158013
Red Light Cameras are regulated by the state, not by municipalities, so everyone shares the pain.
>>
I live in western NY and most counties including mine are red. People here aren't die hard liberals like those in NYC, but unfortunately NYC makes us a liberal state.
>>
>>138155589
>So let me just summarize: the social worker at the school is Muslim, the administrator who ok’s homeschooling is Muslim, the CPS worker is Muslim, the nurse practitioner at the ER is Muslim, the doctor at the ER is Muslim. These are positions of authority that wield a lot of power.

But the asshole who called the cops on her for leaving her kids in the car while she ran an errand, and the cops who arrested her for that non-crime, were not Muslim.

She's understandably worried about Muslims popping up in bureaucratic jobs where they have power over her, with no signs of any past education or qualifications - but the people who actually caused her trouble were other whites.
>>
/Suffolk/ the rules and laws differ from the city tax is retardedly high but the city area and long island as a whole is disgusting people shit on walls normally the air is toxic and everyone's mutated upstate folk are probably the most normal of all the state
>>
>>138158044
>Cuomo

that one's on you then.
>>
>>138160118
Not like I voted for him.
>>
>>138160502

who votes for these pricks then?
>>
>>138160724
NYC, Albany, Syracuse
>>
>>138156523
its not going to us faggot, shut your mouth

if it went to a ballot upstate would split with nyc without a doubt but it never will
>>
>>138161224
syracuse & onondaga county are less blue than rochester albany and ithaca

take the niggers out and we'd be reliably red
>>
>>138128500
nassau here too if anyone thinks this place is like the city theyre fucking retarded
>>
>>138161224

getting off topic, but cuomo's shit-eating grin is definitely up there in terms of punchable faces.
>>
I'm coming to Niagara next year. What are some nice things to do in Upstate NY and Ontario?
>>
>>138161784
nature, drink, commit suicide
>>
File: USA-NewYork-WineMap-WineFolly1.jpg (172KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
USA-NewYork-WineMap-WineFolly1.jpg
172KB, 1200x900px
>>138161875
Nature and drinking sound good to me. I'm also looking for interesting businesses. Are there depressed regions that could need some investments? Just asking for my EB-5.
>>
>>138131993
You sound like a fucking pussy.
>>
I don't like Cuomo's politics by any stretch but I really like how much he pisses off you dweebs.
>>
>>138162357
>investments
An easy one would be real estate, lots of cheap real estate. Agribusinesses do okay, particularly wineries and breweries.Medical pot is starting to take off and you're definitely not too late to get into that. Rochester has the most money to spend but the most problem with brown people, Syracuse is the most segregated and Buffalo has an okay economy.

If you're really crazy, castles are a thing in New York state and if you wanted to get into tourism you could buy one of the many castles and turn it into something. Sterling, NY has one of the most attended Renaissance fairs in the nation but it's a dump so anything to add to that type of tourism in the area will get a lot of business.

Good luck!
>>
File: 10355824993_461c4c1c8c_b.jpg (698KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
10355824993_461c4c1c8c_b.jpg
698KB, 1024x683px
>>138163258
Currently checking out the wineries. Looks nice and I'll do some tastings soon.
The idea with castles is something to consider. Special rates for /pol/tards will be available.
>>
>>138164019
/pol/ wine tasing and LARP night?
>>
>>138158013
They have them in certain intersections in Albany.
>>
>>138164019
The Adirondacks wine trail is still relatively undeveloped and you could get in for cheap. It's been very hot lately.
>>
File: 985804b53366aed808ff9e17576cc251.jpg (291KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
985804b53366aed808ff9e17576cc251.jpg
291KB, 1000x666px
>>138164089
Sounds like something to try out. And seminars and workshops that will advance our (vague) cause. Medical research to upgrade us. And a C4ISR center to coordinate our activities. Welcome to Castle Wolfenstein.

>>138164431
I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
>>138164431
>It's been very hot lately.

In my part of the state it's actually been a pleasantly cool summer. We had a bunch of 90+ days in the spring, but none in summer.
>>
>>138142565
nice man. inland socal is actually rather pretty and secluded. though i fantasize about living out there due to fiscal reasons, i was born and raised 1 mile from the beach and shirk at the thought of being unable to easily surf or smell the salt in the air.
>>
>>138166158
Popular hot
>>
>>138161332
Not going to me either asshole.
>>
>>138126181
China's system is better. Megacities count as their own states. They have 4 of them, and so could the US: NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston.
>>
>>138166311
>Popular hot

???
>>
File: 1502562216779.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1502562216779.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>138142565
Where you at? Powayfag here, thinking about moving up around Julian. Rural SD county is lovely, but its still expensive.
>>
File: Last_Crusader.jpg (1MB, 1750x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Last_Crusader.jpg
1MB, 1750x1724px
Nassau here. AMA
>>
>>138166790
Interesting enough, Charlottesville VA is a countyless city.
>>
>>138126181
NYC SUCKS
>>
>>138168848
How does that work?
>>
>>138133109
Albany here
>>
>>138133178
Half million - Boston is insufferable at only 600k.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.