[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should we memorialize traitors who lost a war they fought

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 19

File: statue.jpg (28KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
statue.jpg
28KB, 900x650px
Why should we memorialize traitors who lost a war they fought so they could continue their human rights abuses?

Really vibrates my cashews.
>>
>>138105867
Because they were brave people, who fought to protect their soil
>>
>>138106538
And? All soldiers have been brave people who fought to protect their soil. Why do you care?
>>
My question is why do SJWs and the alt left bitch so much about Slavery in the USA which happened over 150 years ago, but are silent on slavery in modern day countries?
>>
File: centennial-land-run-monument.jpg (37KB, 413x450px) Image search: [Google]
centennial-land-run-monument.jpg
37KB, 413x450px
Why indeed.

Reminder that scalping was real and natives massacred a shitload of white invaders. Kinda like what the Alt-Right wishes we could be doing.
>>
Replace all racist honky monuments with this one.
>>
>>138106819
That's why most soldiers deserve monuments for their service
>>
>>138106855
Who's silent?

What are you doing to stop slavery in modern day countries?
>>
>no one should be judged for their actions as long as they were brave
>>
This. We shouldn't. I am an american nationalist and not at all a leftist and I despise the confederates. Also, I am not altleft at all. Pls know that if you just remove these statues, you'll get a more nationalistic american/
>>
>>138107066
It's actually the "white invaders" who started the scalping thing
>>
File: 1502917839735.jpg (572KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
1502917839735.jpg
572KB, 1600x902px
take down the racis monuments now
>>
>>138105867
Why should I keep loving my brother even after we've beaten the shit out of each other?
>>
File: waddafug.png (25KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
waddafug.png
25KB, 300x230px
If the statues were put up by the Confederacy, I'd understand why so many people would tear them down.

These statues were placed by the U.S. though, and tearing them down senselessly and then getting away with public destruction just doesn't sit right with me. Laws exist for a reason, we can't just let people go unpunished for it.

Either take the statues down legally, or take them down by force and acknowledge that it may mean legal repercussions.

>>138106538
>>138106855
>>138107066
>all these foreigners who are going to die without ever stepping foot on American soil so passionate about American politics
>>
>>138105867

because we care about their tenacity and the points they were right on with regard to the American fighting spirit.

because it made our enemies look at America and say, "they're willing to do that to one another ... what will they do to us?".
>>
File: IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.jpg (34KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.jpg
34KB, 600x486px
>>138107117
>>
>>138107325
The confederates fought for a noble cause.
>>
>>138107388
The Indians had been scalping since 1300 at least.
>>
>>138105867
So why aren't you pushing for France to tear down all monuments to Napoleon. After all he was a loser dictator that reintroduced slavery into France.
>>
>>138107465
>xenophobia is ok when i do it
crawl back into your hole and starve, marx
>>
>>138105867
We should not. A loser is a loser. America is for winners only.
>>
>>138105867
Well because you aren't the one memorializing them.
They are memorializing themselves.
>>
>>138107465
>implying people outside the US can't have an opinion about America
>>
>>138107640
change your flag nigger
>>
>>138105867
>Really _____ my _____
kys
>>
>>138105867
You faggots are trying in a court of contemporary opinion. Is it ignorance, or dishonesty. What if 100 years from now using facebook is seen as morally unacceptable ? Does that make you a bad person today ? Intellectual dishonesty.
>>
>>138107388
I'm sure some Californian (((professor))) proposed this with anecdotal evidence to affirm xir view that whites are the cause of all evil in the world but no, sorry.

All the native Americans were good at were inventing cool new ways of killing eachother
>>
>>138107548
From what I have heard, they picked it up from bounty hunters, for whom it was easier to get an Indian scalp rather than a whole head to prove the kill. I might be wrong though.
>>
>>138107596
>xenophobia is ok when i do it

If the Union had lost, the Confederacy would be fully in the right to tear down any statues put up by the Union. Might makes right.
>>
>The Left is attacking America, not the Confederacy. The Confederacy, for those just joining us, lost the war. Part of the accommodation that was reached after the war was an arrangement where the nation grew back together with both sides being proud of how both sides fought. A story is told of a Yankee speaking in Manchester, England, trying to raise support for the cause of the Union. Manchester was a textile town, in need of Southern cotton, and so the crowd was feisty and hostile. While he was speaking, a heckler interrupted him with the taunt that the war was supposed to take just a few weeks, and here it was years now. What’s your problem? The speaker acknowledged that the war was dragging on, and that it had taken a whole lot longer than anticipated. The problem was that we failed to take into account the fact that we would be fighting Americans.

>The Left has not decided that a resurgent Confederacy is a real threat. They have determined (correctly) that the whole thing is woven together. If they can get everyone cowed by the emotional logic of “Slave-owner!,” they will be able to tear down a lot more than a memorial plaque in a community cemetery in Mississippi somewhere.

>The first target is slave-owners who fought for the South (Lee, Jackson), and the second is non-slave-owners who fought for the South (monuments for the generic Confederate soldier, the vast majority of whom did not own slaves). Next up will be slave-owners who fought against Great Britain for the North and South (Washington), and after that will be slave-owners who fought for the North (Grant).

>But note this well. They are attacking an America that does not know how to defend itself. Moreover, they are attacking an America that deserves every last bit of what is coming down.
>>
>>138107816
>All the native Americans were good at were inventing cool new ways of killing eachother

Lets be real they weren't even good at that. They were basically red skinned spearchuckers when whites arrived on these great lands.
>>
>>138107921
>the Confederacy would be fully in the right to tear down any statues put up by the Union

[Citation Needed]
>>
>>138107066
Reminder that scalping was a French idea.
>>
>>138107806
Slavery was morally unacceptable in the period between 1900 and 1930, when most of these monuments were erected, by groups like the Daughters of the Confederacy.

The war was long over, and no concessions yet needed to be made to placate the south. So why put up these monuments? Some sort of butthurt nostalgia? To show support for Jim Crow? And why keep them up now?
>>
>>138105867
>a war they fought so they could continue their human rights abuses
>knowing that little about why the civil war happened
>>
>>138105867
Nigger, it wasn't about slavery.
>>
>>138108068
>Natives only claim to fame wasn't even their idea

Sad
>>
>>138107496
Robert Mugabe Country is the best game based on the best black Hitler.
>>
>>138107307
Bait
>>
>>138108096
>To show support for Jim Crow

Yes. Exactly. Niggers shouldn't have rights equal to whites. They aren't capable of responsibility for their actions.
>>
>>138107921
How does that relate to my post?
Anyway, as related to this topic, as with any civil war the country remained terribly divided. Brotherhood was more important than the North coming into the South as conquerors and removing every shred of dignity. Instead they did the smart thing and the two parties met halfway. The reconstruction was an era of give and take, the South was allowed to honor the people it had lost and the North gave them increased autonomy. Their freedom to put up these statues is what created the peace that the Alt-Left is now trying so desperately to tear down.

Friendly reminder that the Rothschilds sponsored the South.
>>
File: 1425718264895s.jpg (4KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1425718264895s.jpg
4KB, 122x125px
>>138107391

Those people did a lot of good things and some bad things.

What good things did Davis and Lee do?
>>
>>138108125
When you're white, you can see the Civil War as being about state rights, with slavery was just happening to be the first infraction by the federal government over the states, triggering the war.

When you're black, all you can see the Civil War is

>people who didnt want to enslave you vs people who did
>>
>>138108261
So in the end, dumb women put statues of their historic husbandos around because they had nothing better to do?
>>
>>138107307
>What are you doing to stop slavery in modern day countries?
I can't do shit 90% of modern slavery is the slave shitholes of ages, apefrica, china and india, fuck those sub-humans.
>>
File: 86.jpg (34KB, 778x433px) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
34KB, 778x433px
>>138105867
Why should you let Hollywood decide your reality for you? I mean the blacks and the women I can understand since they have none on their own, but I doubt you're either so why the passover syndrome for?
>>
>>138108496
So you don't care, because they have a different shade of skin from you.

Hypocrite.
>>
>>138108469
Lee opposed slavery and Davis was an advocate of states rights, off the top of my head.
>>
>>138106819
Why do you care that they want to keep it up?
>>
>>138108343
I'm telling you that I never said "xenophobia is ok when I do it" because I never tried to justify Union xenophobia while condemning Confederate xenophobia. Don't put words in my mouth.

Everything you just said in the post after that nails it perfectly though, Anon. You put into words why the statues should remain up.
>>
>>138105867
they fighted well they deserve some respect but i know today men with not balls don't understand these things for me any men who go and defend his home is men who deserve respect
>>
>>138108625
Give me your food, clothing, and shelter, nigger loving hippie.
>>
>>138107391
lol at that weak hit on teddy
>>
>>138108469
read the captions retard. all are racist white males.
>>
>>138108625
Then what are you doing to help the enslaved?
>>
>>138107066
the natives were /ourguys/
>>
>>138108766
It's not that I want the statues to go down, I just want to hear a legitimate claim as to why they should remain up. The left has theirs, and the right has theirs too as just said by >>138108343.
>>
>>138108496
We should make automated factories in those poor countries that can work cheaper and faster and better than whatever poor people are working there, so that modern slavery of humans ain't even worth it anymore.
>>
>>138108625
>So you don't care, because they have a different shade of skin from you.
No, i don't care because i would make them my slaves if i had a chance, not like they're useful but i would love some to wipe my ass and so shit to amuse me.
>>
>>138108767
My statement referred to your disparaging comments about foreigners.
We are one race, one Occident, one West, all facing the same cultural issues.
>>
>>138108702
Lee opposed slavery by leading an army whose sole purpose was the defense of slavery.
The only states right the states wanted to uphold was their right to hold slaves.
>>
>>138108096
>So why put up these monuments?

those groups got their start by going out into the battlefields and mass graves -- digging up the dead with their bare hands, so they could have proper burials in proper cemeteries. those were built by women to commemorate the work of women.
we say that robert e. lee was brave not for his glories on the battlefield, but because it took a brave man to surrender. jeff davis directly ordered him not to surrender his army but he disobeyed that order at appomatox. he thought enough had died. that's what this is all about.
>>
>>138108961
Workforce is there already, why not make them make your iphones for a cup of rice a day?
>>
>>138105867
We shouldn't.

We should memorialize that people saw them as heroes.

Erasing history is why people still think Communism works, even though it has objectively murdered more people than any other ideology in history. In both relative and absolute terms.

Erasing history is why people still think Hitler did nothing wrong, even though he turned the most successful offensive war in German history into the utter destruction of a government he promised to make last a thousand years (still less than the HRE, BTW).

Erasing history is why SJWs defend FDR, even though he is the only POTUS to have ever ordered the creation of literal concentration camps in the US and filled them with American citizens (illegally, mind you) on the basis of "bad blood."
>>
>>138107465
>all these foreigners who are going to die without ever stepping foot on American soil so passionate about American politics

Because if there is a truly uncucked jewless whitehouse they can bully other white countries globalist leaders into shutting their borders, probably just by releasing the pedo blackmail tapes they have in fort knox
>>
>>138109165
>a man fights for the side that supports what he himself calls "a moral and political evil"
It's almost as if slavery was but one of many factors in the war.
>>
>>138105867
I understand if blacks are offended by confederate statues. But there is a lawful way to go about removing them. And it should stop at the confederate soldiers. The founding fathers were the FOUNDING fathers of this nation. We cannot remove them. They wrote our constitution. Their words are our foundation which cannot be removed. If our foundation/ constitution is removed, we will cease to exist as the United States of America. We will be a different country, a lawless nation.

So those that want founding fathers removed need to leave this country and find another one that they prefer. Say maybe Germany, Sweden, UK looks comfy these days as does France. Go live in a country with a bylaws you like and leave ours alone.

Again, it has to stop with the confederate soldiers and it has to be done lawfully. Furthermore, considering it is the communities tax dollars that will be paying for their removal, maybe a vote in the community would be wise. Do we want to spend several million removing statues or do we want to fix the 16 water pumps that are broken so we don't flood during hurricane season? I'm looking at you, New Orleans! Many of the black neighborhoods flooded 2 weeks in a row, but Jackson and Lee are gone! Many of those poor black families had no insurance and are now homeless. But those offensive statues are gone!
>>
>>138109156
OH, that statement.

I always point that out in threads like these. It's not that I don't think foreigners can have an opinion, I just find it really interesting how so many people on /pol/ care so strongly about U.S. politics.

>>138107657
see above
>>
>>138109361
Most blacks don't even want the statues down. They understand their purpose.
It's literally all Marxists who want to make history less tangible and further political change at the expense of America as a nation. They do the same thing in Europe.
>>
>>138105867
Why the fuck should the left have any moral standing to call someone a traitor.

You fucks do nothing but attack Americans, incite treason and violence and are currently attempting to illegally erase American history.

You hate America and want every aspect of it destroyed. When the civil war you want so bad actually comes, you will get yours you fucking traitor.
>>
>>138107307
>What are you doing to stop slavery in modern day countries?

I started a WhiteHouse.gov petition last year asking Obama to use an executive order to release the foreign slaves on American fishing boats operating outside the economic exclusion zone of the US. who are required to be indefinitely detained by their captains owners.

I got 11 signatures.

Because besides /pol/ I mostly walk in leftist circles. And leftists, except Libertarians, are still pro-unfree labor (as they prefer to call it) in my experience. Muh cheap avocados and empty promises of equality.
>>
>>138105867
Slavery can't be a human rights abuse if what you enslave isn't human.
>>
>>138105867
the civil war is as much about slavery as ww1 is about the assassination of archduke franz ferdinand
>>
>>138108096
This is exactly why we need to keep these monuments up.

People don't know the Klan had a huge revival in the early 20th Century. This was a time when the Democrats were still actively supporting the Klan. Democrats put these statues up. Democrats don't want to remember that "painful memory".
>>
>>138110031
Wonderfully put.
Where'd you read that?
>>
File: IMG_0426.png (482KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0426.png
482KB, 900x900px
>>138109904
>tfw you actually try to make a change like the leftists ask you to do but the same leftists don't support you at all.
>>
File: Madison-statue1 (1).jpg (85KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
Madison-statue1 (1).jpg
85KB, 600x350px
>>138105867
>>
The former colonies that became sovereign states after defeating the British created the United States, not the other way around. If you think those states joined a union that they believed they could never leave then you don't know shit about U.S. history.
>>
>>138107066
to acknowledge that the natives were displaced and genocided on their own land is to admit that mass immigration is harmful in the extreme and threatens the very existence of cultures and peoples. liberals are so hypocritical they secretly want this to happen but hide behind a claim that it's somehow fair because the ancestors of people alive today were responsible for it. they just want to perpetuate what happened to the natives as revenge.
>>
>>138110644
I spent like 50 hours trying to gather petitions. The most common response I got was

>You are making this up.
>Obama wouldn't do this.
>Clinton would not have voted for this.
>Democrats would never have proposed this bill.

I told them not to believe me, believe the Pullitzer prize winning AP journalist who reported the story, believe the official Congressional records available online, believe the victims. But no.

Muh cheap tuna.
>>
why u burgers keep statues of men who literally rebelled against your country. Isnt the south states have the muh merica patriotic guys?
>>
File: illegal aug 2015fg.png (480KB, 645x549px) Image search: [Google]
illegal aug 2015fg.png
480KB, 645x549px
>>138105867

OP ........the illegal invader supporter
>>
>>138111586
freedom of speech is paramount in the US, and the right specifically champions the right of people to say things they don't like.
>>
>>138108096
Because that's when all the veterans were dying off you fucking dope. The union memorial was put up in my town during the same time.
>>
>>138111501
There have been multiple studies done where the findings have suggested that a poor conservative will donate more to charity and be willing to do more for charity than a rich liberal.

This story seems to add truth to the claim.
>>
File: Stalin-statue-Gori.jpg (194KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin-statue-Gori.jpg
194KB, 1000x667px
>>138105867
same famalam
>>
File: img_2274-e1401789891538.jpg (2MB, 5171x2864px) Image search: [Google]
img_2274-e1401789891538.jpg
2MB, 5171x2864px
>>138107117
I would have been afraid to show that stack of shit to a dictator.

Best Korea showing the world how worship ready statues are done.
>>
>>138110070
>it's another /pol/ tries to conflate modern day Democrats with "Democrats"/Confederates over 100 years ago despite knowing that the parties flipped and that confederates are more inline with modern southern Republicans

This is getting old. They're going to retire the statues. People can visit them if they really want to, they're just not going to be designated shitting monuments anymore where people vandalize them all the time and fat LARPers use them as a marching ground.
>>
>>138113502
>1
A lot of these statues are going to junk yards. Or is Reuters fake news?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-protests-statues-idUSKCN1AX2ED

>2
>it's another Prog tries to conflate modern Republicans with Confederates because they don't want to be reminded that they used to the be the party of eugenics, nativism, populism, imperialism, and segregation
>But Teddy, FDR, and Jackson are still awesome Democrats we should all love!
>>
>>138105867
>complains about celebrating traitors
>flies a flag that represents the overthrow and of the the US government and the destruction of the United States of America.
>>
>>138111944
Im not talking about the rights, it seems contradictory to honor the confederate and be patriotic at the same time.
>>
>>138105867
F U N F L A G
U
N
F
L
A
G
>>
>>138113890
What constitutes a democrat/republican changes over time you dipshit, because the status quo changes. I'm not a progressive, I'm a conservative. This talking point is fucking stupid. It's not that any lefty is going to be "ashamed" of that, they're just going to think you're retarded.

Unless the point you're trying to make is that southerners worship democrats and want statues of democrats to stay up? Fucking idiot. Take your non-point and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>13810lauThey are being judged for their actions, which is why they are memorialized.
Dying in battle is a laudable fate for a man, regardless of what he fought for. I wouldn't expect a woman or an overly socialized effete numale to understand concepts like respect for the dead and honoring a defeated enemy though.
>>
File: Jesus_Christ_Kid_Vine.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Christ_Kid_Vine.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>138111501
>Muh cheap tuna.
>Muh cheap avocado or whatever.

They should be gassed
>>
>>138107066
Another monument to a loser traitor
>>
>>138109207
Because a robot makes ten times as many iphones for less electricity used than a poor person heating a coup of rice.
Machines are just cheaper and better than people. They take less space, don't need no toilet breaks nuh uh, and don't need to be replaced by another set of slave workers that aren't as ill from the poor working conditions like the last batch.
>>
>>138105867
The nation was founded by "traitors". The reason we allow them to me memorialized is because they weren't "traitors" they were people fighting for their states, against a union they voluntarily joined and voluntarily quit.
>>
Why is everyone pretending this is about the Confederacy? We don't have to hide behind rhetoric here. This is liberals waging, and winning, the culture war. Cry more, racists.
>>
You don't see germans burning down aushwitz. Also Washington was more guilty of slavery them most of the confederate solders
>>
>>138106819
>All soldiers have been brave people who fought to protect their soil.
ya thats pretty much why its dumb to take down war memorials.
>>
>>138115136
Quitting by attacking a military fort was a dumb idea.
>>
Lrob shoulsnt have ever made a statuebof a traitor and a loser.. but they r made and up.m why take down? No one give a fuck about them until some shit happens
>>
>>138115136
>The nation was founded by "traitors".

Traitors to Britain, dumb shit. Our founding fathers were traitors to Britain.

Confederates were traitors to the US.
>>
>>138115136
If revolution failed, would british erect statue of washington?
>>
File: IMG_2962.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2962.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>138108469
>thinks they are not going after Washington and Jefferson

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/08/17/al_sharpton_defund_the_jefferson_memorial_asking_me_to_subsidize_the_insult_of_my_family.html
>>
File: thicc.jpg (548KB, 1963x2663px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
548KB, 1963x2663px
>>138112698
Were those designed by Hasbro?
>>
>>138105867
They were not traitors to their states. Look up the definition of state. It is synonymous with country. They were rebels to the union of which their state was a part.

Before the war the US was referred to as "these United States " a collective of countries. Afterwards it gradually came to be known as "the United States" and states started losing their individual sovereignty. That is what the war was fought over. Not abolition itself.

Why do I keep having to give this same history lesson?
>>
>>138114574
The point I'm trying to make is that Progressivism, like all daughter ideologies of the French Revolution, seeks to rewrite history into a form most convenient to what is currently politically expedient.

Pic related, a very recent example. If you see it in the grocery store, do yourself a service and skim through the introduction, which is mostly about Trump.

Democrats are not taking kindly to the comparisons of Trump and Jackson. The author says that while Jackson was called a madman, Trump is the real madman and Jackson was a cold, calculated chessmaster (I'm not hyperbolizing, that was the word used unironically). He addresses Jackson's role in native genocide late in the intro with a handwave, saying he will not defend Jackson's role in "Indian Removal." Later in the magazine, he describes with awe Jackson's triumphs in the Creek War.

The sides have not switched as much as Progressives would have us believe. Ask them how they feel about eugenics, if you know any personally. I've yet to find a Progressive who does not speak of it in positive terms.
>>
>>138105867
>traitors

Secession was just as legal as the declaration of independence. These men fought to protect their homes and way of life. They deserve to be remembered.
>>
>>138113890
Theodore Roosevelt was a Republican then third party candidate.
>>
>>138115772
Probably because not everyone wants to buy your euphemism bullshit other than fellow southerners that want to deny why their ancestors went to war while simultaneously low key supporting it.
>>
>>138105867
Idk why DO we still have statues of natives standing in this country?
>>
>>138116133
Yeah. He was an avowed Progressive, which is why my brain keeps lumping him with Democrats. I tend to forget that the unholy alliance of the Temperance Movement, Suffragettes, Progressives, and Democrats wasn't complete until Wilson.

Teddy lived in a time when liberal and Progressive weren't yet entirely synonymous.
>>
>>138115598
How do you know northerners weren't just traitors that won?
>>
>>138115598
The U.S. was a voluntary union of states you absolute moron. The "U.S." once it attacked the south didn't even exist again after.
>>
>>138116133
In fact Theodore Roosevelt gave his opinion quite clear on the status of Confederate memorials.

http://vaudc.org/roosevelt.html
>>
You're right, anon!
History is black and white! There are good guys and there are EVIL BADDIES
Anyone who thinks there were complex motivations involved is just a silly billy lol
>>
>>138115629
Britain wasn't constructed out of a voluntary union.
>>
>>138116607
>KKK

Outed!

Also kinda ruins your point of "complex motivations" when the rebels get together and publish their reasons for declaring secession, which is almost exclusively slavery. Anyone else joining it for whatever complex reasons is nonetheless choosing to support the side that wanted to fight and die for the right to own slaves.
>>
>>138116576
The Confederates fired first.

Lincoln was extremely cautious about acting against the Confederacy before the assault on Fort Sumter to prevent this exact argument from being used.

Lincoln believed, morally, that the Union was in the right and the Confederacy had to be forced back in, but he was also a lawyer and understood there was no firm legal basis for that argument and that the Confederacy's arguments for succession were persuasive.

He was greatly relieved when they used violence as it gave him absolute legal justification to order the army to subdue a rebellion.
>>
File: osama-bin-laden[1].jpg (63KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
osama-bin-laden[1].jpg
63KB, 620x465px
Why don't we put a memorial to to Bin Laden at ground zero?

Like Lee, he was just a commander sending other people to die.
>>
>>138111205
>If you think those states joined a union that they believed they could never leave then you don't know shit about U.S. history.
The intent of the new form of government was to engineer a situation where they could just change the government to prevent having to leave as long as that form of government was in power.

Beyond that, there are 2 ways to leave the USA. Devolve into a territory and be granted independence by Congress or amend the Constitution to no longer apply to the state or states that wish to leave.

If those states wanted another way to leave, they would have built it into the fucking law like the first two.
>>
>>138116593
>A politician pandering to the crowd
Well color me surprised.
>>
>>138117690
So like politicians now demanding to take them down? It was fully accepted by people in the north that Confederate memorials were in dedication to the bravery of the southern army and were part of the healing process to become one union again. Agitators want people to forget this.
>>
What's next,paintings?
>>
>>138105867
Niggers arent people
>>
>>138115695
Too bad you could never show something like this in public.
>>
>>138116593
>The proud self-sacrifice, the resolute and daring courage, the high and steadfast devotion to the right as each man saw it, whether Northerner or Southerner - these qualities render all Americans forever the debtors of those who in the dark days from 1861-1865 proved their truth by their endeavor.
Ice cold, Teddy. Ice fucking cold.
>Thanking southerners for fighting to the death but still losing so we know they were in the wrong.
>>
>>138115482
They didn't quit that way. Their was going to be war, the north openly expressed the will to force the south back into the "union". The Union kept its army in Southern territory which can be argued is already deceleration of war. The best defense is offense, if you know basic military theory. Just pretending like there wasn't going to be war would naive and stupid. Keep to your own history European faggot.
>>
>>138117083
>slavery was never considered a norm in any culture and anyone who questioned the sudden abolition of said culture and livelihood was NAZI SCUM
Mhmmm, true dat!
>>
>>138118629
Man, there is slavery today in third world countries
>>
>>138118798
Slavery is all of the world and is on the rise in Europe, especially in countries that have accepted large numbers of refugees.

Yes, Canada, too.
>>
>>138117941
Might as well put up a memorial to Yamamoto at pearl harbor.

Its the same thing.
>>
>>138105867
Yes, let's just destroy things because we want to.

https://youtu.be/jSVqclCr4fI
>>
>>138118528
It was just buttmad slave owners tricking dumb young people into attacking their bigger neighbor.
>>
>>138118798
>>138118926
You're right guys, slavery is the ultimate evil.
Africa, China, and Islam need to be stopped!
>>
>>138119045
Except Japan wasn't a part of the United States and didn't become the 51st state after the war. And bluntly I really wouldn't care if Yamamoto did get a statue at Pearl Harbor. FDR is more to blame for Pearl Harbor's fate even if Japan was being retarded.
>>
>>138119045
Completely fallacious argument. Confederacy was part of the US before, they voluntarily had joined the Union. Their descendants are American. Japanese were an actual, and foreign, enemy and are not and were never Americans.

>>138119213
What a moronic simplification. You obviously don't even have the intellect to understand basic history.
>>
>>138119399
So then why are these activists fucking around in America accomplishing nothing? These statues have been up for years, and suddenly now they are unacceptable? Sounds like they are just grasping at any straw that doesn't actually require work
>>
>>138118528
The Confederacy could have negotiated for the removal of Federal troops and repatriation of Federal lands.

But they fired cannons instead.

You reap what you sow.
>>
>>138120029
Actually the Confederacy DID try. Many times in fact. Lincoln is the one who refused to negotiate.
>>
>>138120029
They did send a peace delegation to DC to negotiate. Lincoln ignored them.
>>
>>138108846
no they are not our guys they all deserve death by Listerine
>>
>>138119613
Well, big plantation owners did have a lot of lobbying power, and keeping slavery was a key interest of theirs that would be removed if the north enforced their government on the south. I'm certainly not saying that was the only reason but it certainly was a factor
>>
>>138120029
Horseshit. Lincoln was bating the south into attacking first. Why do you assume you can pull the wool over peoples eyes?
>>
>>138118798
We're all slaves. We are spiritual chattel to Moloch. Material trinkets do not equate to true wealth, we are impoverished in every aspect of life apart from useless trash.
>>
>>138120231
So?
>>
>>138105867
You would bring up vibrators, antifaggot.
>>
>>138105867
Lincoln made a Terrible Mistake of NOT rounding them up and hanging them
>>
>>138117378

HE WASN'T BORN HERE, JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR MOM, JOSE
>>
>>138120647
Then the United States would've been robbed of the descendants of Confederates like Patton who played vital roles for the country. Sounds like a smart move.
>>
>>138108813
If I remember correctly he used to talk about doing away with nationalities and making us a strong American race
>>
>>138105867
>human rights
No such thing
>>
>>138120950
He wanted people to see themselves as American, not German-American or Italian-American. In the regard the south is Teddy's disciples since American is how many southerners describe themselves.
>>
>>138105867
because the South will rise again nigger
>>
>>138107640
>America is finwinners only
Unfortunately we're currently losing.
>>
>>138107640
Is that why we built the Vietnam War memorials?
>>
>>138112698
Are those nuggets bowing to a statue?

Wait till they find out what we do to statues here
>>
>>138121128
It hasn't risen in over 100 years. It's not happening any time soon sucka
>>
>>138111214
I point this out to normies who are just repeating slogans about muh stolen land and muh nation of immigrants. It is a very effective redpill
>>
>>138105867

'they' ...
Likw : 0,7% who ever had slaves at all ...

The whole slavery thing is a meme and basically a lie ( xept some very rare exceptipns ).

Its just another hreat leftist lie
>>
If the cities want to take down the statutes, that’s fine. They put them up; they can decide to take them down. It’s their prerogative.

What I have a problem with is letting them be torn down just to placate the fetishes of some amateur hour Ministry of Truth motherfuckers looking to have their Two Minutes of Hate in front of the cameras of an adoring mainstream media. Did you see the mob that torn down that statue in Durham? If they’d been any more smugly self-congratulatory, you’d think they’d just successfully invaded Iraq. These are the kind of people that think they can correct historical racism if they burn everything that reminds them of it.

This isn’t about the statues or why they were put up or what they stand for or even what they represent to the people today. The only reason that they’re being protested is because a pack of virtue signaling addicts realized that ‘racist traitor monuments’ are hard to mount a PR defense for.

It won’t stop at confederate monuments, because if these people have a talent its finding fault and taking offense. After each statue comes down they’ll find a new historical insult that needs to be corrected. It never ends.
>>
>>138120132
>>138120231
>>138120333
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_l022761.asp
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_c031261.asp
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_m031561a.asp

>Demanded full recognition of sovereign independence as a precondition of having their ambassadors received
>Gee, why didn't Lincoln receive them?
>Because the Union started the war!

This is some DPRK-tier rewriting of history, anons.
>>
File: George III.jpg (138KB, 664x654px) Image search: [Google]
George III.jpg
138KB, 664x654px
>>138105867
>memorialize traitors

I agree, please burn the declaration and return to the crown after centuries of treachery.
>>
>>138108846
>found that token 1/24th cherokee leaf.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.