[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how a monument I didn't know existed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (84KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 600x429px
I don't understand how a monument I didn't know existed until recently is supposed to help me with my US history. It doesn't even provide context about how not about slavery the civil war really was.
>>
needs more labels
>>
>>138027165
dude is it me or does that horse have the rape eyes
>>
Destroying it means rejecting history. It'll lead to literal communism. People without any identity besides "we're humans, we're equals". Perfect goyim.
>>
>>138027250
don't know why every cartoon has to be so fucking heavy handed
>>
File: TotalLosers.jpg (651KB, 2992x2170px) Image search: [Google]
TotalLosers.jpg
651KB, 2992x2170px
>Remove monuments, memorials, and statues and you get to repeat history
Remove all the Holocaust memorials RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!
>>
I was kind of thinking that if the Democrats want to take down a Democrat built statue honoring a Democrat hero maybe we should just let them.
>>
>>138027341
Is that why Poland kept all the Stalin statues?
>>
>>138027165
Confederate shit belongs in museums, not on government grounds. They're literally traitors
>>
>>138027250
>>138027369
Because nuances aren't understood by the general American public. All media treats them as regards so therefore so should cartoonists
>>
>>138027465
where are Stalin statues in Poland? I've never seen one.
>>
>>138027617
Says caliexit
>>
>>138027830
>"general american public cant understand nuance!"
>he doesnt know these nazi cartoons are made to pander to scum like him
>>
File: CommieStatueInSeattleWA.jpg (245KB, 877x641px) Image search: [Google]
CommieStatueInSeattleWA.jpg
245KB, 877x641px
>>138027465
>>138027853
Are you talking about the Lenin statue in Seattle?
>>
>>138027465
>>138027853
And there aren't any Hitler statues in Germany any more, but everyone seems to remember him.
>>
>>138027915
kek, Calexit was the most retarded shit I've ever seen. If I was Calexit I'd want them destroyed outright.
>>
File: petain1.jpg (17KB, 236x367px) Image search: [Google]
petain1.jpg
17KB, 236x367px
They will also remove Petain's commemorative plaque from Broadway.
>Victor of Verdain
> Runned Vichy France
> Compiled to German request, saved most French Jews
>>
>>138027165
GET RID OF EVIDENCE FROM CIVIL WAR.. START CIVIL WAR!
>>
File: Poll.png (205KB, 1125x525px) Image search: [Google]
Poll.png
205KB, 1125x525px
>>138027165

>A majority of Americans polled in an NPR/PBS News Hours/Marist poll believe that statues of honoring leaders of the Confederacy should remain as a historical symbol.

>Of the 1,125 adults surveyed, 62% believe they should remain, 27% believe they should be removed because they are offensive and 11% are unsure.

http://wtvr.com/2017/08/17/poll-confederate-statues-remain/

No one wants these statues removed. This is a fucking national poll too, with New York and California included, imagine one of just Southerners, who are the only ones' whose business it is.

The media is trying to browbeat local officials into removing these statues, because they know there's only a small window to do so before cooler heads prevail.
>>
>>138027165
Can you make a list of monuments you DO know exist? Just so we know it's safe to remove or destroy all the other monuments. After all, if you don't know they exist, what possible use could there be for them?
>>
File: 1502910643377m.jpg (100KB, 728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502910643377m.jpg
100KB, 728x1024px
>historical event
>no physical artifacts or evidence of it happening
>countless amounts of text describing the event
>Historians: "well, it was probably a legend..."

This happens with so many things in history OP... We thought the Trojan War was a myth for thousands of years until they found Troy and discovered it was intentionally destroyed by warfare.

Get ready for when all Civil War reenactments are said to be based on legends and all photos are considered to be "later forgeries".
>>
>>138028808
damn frog, your english is complete fucking shit.
>saved most french jews
you came to the wrong board if you want to virtue signal to the jews.
>>
>>138027165
One day when you're old enough to wan't to actually learn something, the actual history, good bad and ugly, with nasty statues and everything might be fucking handy.
>>
File: IMG_0399.jpg (48KB, 334x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
48KB, 334x302px
it is all too interesting, the parable, that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, is coming forth while men are tearing down civil war statues, while simultaneously on the figurative brink of a civil war.
>>
>>138029165

We still have museums, parks and relics m8.

Don't need to go full tard.
>>
>>138027165
they want to remove the statues of confederates
to remove the evidence of how far we've come
and reinvigorate the race war
>>
>>138027374
>torture chamber
lol
>>
>>138029165
>that ass
woah.
>those hair tips
well...
>those pants
eh...
>those shoes
dropped.
>>
>>138029435
He says while knowing that a fire destroyed almost every single ancient document ever collected and how artillery shells erased hundreds of years of medieval history from the recordbooks during WWI.

Communist do this stuff intentionally and suddenly. One day, if they take over, all Confederate artifacts will vanish from museums. Anyone who asks where they were will be met with "what artifacts?" Look up how shit was "disappeared" in Soviet Russia and China.
>>
>>138027165
It's not removing history, it's REVISING history.
By removing the monument and claiming "We defeated racist bigots" They frame half of america as racists who fought and lost a war on racism.

So now every single southerner who fought in the civil war was now a racist nazi. Not true, They are trying to redefine and label everyone as racist oppressors, while they are the ones defaming and oppressing their opposition.
>>
These are not monuments. They are mostly statues erected by the second KKK movement in the 1910's.
>>
>>138027165

The political cartoons are getting pretty retarded.

I mean. I agree with the message and sentiment.

But Jesus. Lol. Labeled everything and there is absolutely no interpretation or room for error.

The average asshole reading seeing these toons must be a real dumbass since they are spoonfeeding them this kindergarten level shit.
>>
>>138027165
Imagine being a cartoonist who has to put big written labels on everything to make it understandable.
>>
>>138029859

Exactly.

It's a hard thing to counter. You sit back and don't cause a scene, they take everything down anyway and the media still covers it. You protest it, media shows you as madmen and racists.

So what to do?
>>
>>138030226
I like one quote one artist said. after $200,000 damage was done to his collection by a girl taking a selfie.
They said "You can't make something idiot proof, because the universe will just create a bigger idiot."

Like the more you water things down trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, the lower the bar shifts and the cycle repeats.

I'm on my shit-top I'll fire up and content aware shoop those labels off and just leave the eraser labeled later. I'll also recolor the hand to a black hand and maybe add in an American or confederate flag being erased. Thoughts?
>>
>>138027250
>>138030390
Complaining about labels in political cartoons is like complaining about big eyes in anime.
>>
>>138027165
Maybe this means that the true goal of liberals is to erase history so they can enslave niggers again because no one will remember it.
>>
>>138027165
Well that's easy. Those monuments are war memorials, the point of which is! You see them and think, Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Those where blokes like me who fought and died for an idea. They make you think about why they died.
In this case it was for self determination, the same cause as George Washington fought for.
They considered the choice if or if not to keep slaves, their decision, not one to be imposed by others. Slavery is not good economics, employed free men are much cheaper, and easier to dispose of.
>>
>>138029165

>historical event
>no physical artifacts or evidence of it happening
>countless amounts of text describing the event
>Historians: "well, it was probably a legend..."
The Holocaust satisfies the first three phrases, why is the 4th not happening?
>>
>>138027165
Just because you're an uneducated child doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
File: improved.jpg (114KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
improved.jpg
114KB, 600x429px
>>138027165
improved it a little bit
>>
>>138030526
Make sure to add Ben Garrison's signature. And why am American flag?
>>
>>138028680
There were no Hitler statues.
American education
>>
>>138027165
It's art, culture. Commies historically have desecrated monuments because they're "probablematic" with the long term aim of making people forget anything from before the time they wrested power from the evil capitalists.

The regular left is falling for the "very offensive plz delete" line, but the actual movers and shakers are self proclaimed communists with the aforementioned long term goals.

Not sure how I feel about Trump distinguishing between the left and alt-left, since the left operates like Islam with its attack dogs that the more respectable members distance themselves from in public but whom they tacitly support
>>
>>138030708
Because of survivor accounts. When they die, the Hall of Cost will be under the same scrutiny.
>>
>>138027465
Yea because Robert E. Lee invaded the united states and forced them to build a statue in Virginia. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>138030501
Well, if you do go to the protest you avoid the violence, record and try to have discussions with reasonable people about your concerns.

Then prove that the media is lying. Use their own words and agenda against them and then phrase simple facts and ask questions like how does defending American culture and your opinions and beliefs make you a racist?

Don't fall into the antifa and alt-right brawl where they steal your voice and frame you. That's a trap to silence you, chew you up, and label you as a hateful extremist.

Relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDxBeXzookM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5k9_hT4nzA

I have been using Charlottesville to redpill the shit out of normies. It's working so effectively they are questioning things they never have before and chainging their views. The harder the left pushes, the easier it is to point out their shameful hateful tactics. Their biggest strength is also their biggest weakness, you just have to know how to present your case in the form of reasonable short statements or questions that challenges them and their character.
>>
>>138030828
No, I'm still not quite understanding it. Could you please label the fingers "Obama", "BLM", and "deep state"?
>>
>>138030868
Well because they are attacking more than just some claimed "racist" monuments. They are attacking American history.
>>
>>138029647
>hello i am clothingsexual
>>
>>138027374
Holocaust memorials will inspire more anti-Semitism. Protect the Jews, destroy all Holocaust memorials.
>>
>>138027165
Most of the statues are of the soldiers who fought. I already got into a debate about with someone I know when they took the one on Orlando out. Essentially if you have them up there will be people like me who explain that majority of the soldiers fought because it was to protect their homeland and not because they wanted to keep slaves. That the majority of southerners never owned slaves and some opposed it. But back then people were fighting for the overreach of federal power and it reminds other people that the war was never about freeing slaves until years into the war. But if you take them down people just never see it so they don't think about it out talk about it. They just wrongly assume everyone in the south wanted slaves and everyone in the north were good angles who dindu nuffin. That federal overreach is good when it's for the correct ideas
>>
I heard a lot of other cities had confederate statues removed unannounced
Is there some sort of official list over which cities have done that?
>>
File: kelly comics.jpg (73KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
kelly comics.jpg
73KB, 500x370px
>>138031042
do you understand this one?
>>
>>138027374
funny thing is. liberals really will start taking these down soon.
They've already started taking down synagogues in the UK because "it might offend muslims and turn them radical"
>>
>>138033068
DD from Ed Edd and Eddy.
>>
>>138030890
Maybe someone should make a memorial to the lack of Hitler statues so I will never forget that.

>>138031885
I haven't been near a confederate statue and I still know this. I hear it from all sides, every time it's brought up, either it's someone prefacing with "yeah I know it wasn't all about slavery" when people aren't flat out telling me it wasn't about slavery before the statues started coming down. Keeping them there didn't help with context.
>>
>>138027165
Liberals want to erase and public monument that have some connection to that figure and slavery that ended over a century and half ago.

Liberals don't give shit about slavery still going on in the middle east, africa, and asia today.

Priorities.
>>
>>138030501
start bombing the media, obviously.
Those insane lunatics really don't understand that terrorism against the "media class" that they've created is exactly what all their fear-mongering and lies will lead to.
>>
>>138033302
Well then you are a snowflake and super smart and deserve tendies but generations past you wont be able to look at the statue of some dude and a horse and get curious and look up what happened.
>>
I propose we destroy the remains of Colosseum since it promoted slavery and I find it offensive
>>
>>138029435
>walking in park with child
>fresh air, FREE, public
>dad whos that man on the horse?
>well son..
VS

>sorry son we dont have time to go to musuem today
>sorry son $20 for tickets is too much
>kid never learns about stonewall jackson, Lee, or anyone else
>history is doomed
>>
>>138034075
QQ I just wanted my wives son to know his heritage.
Well, his American heritage. He has bloodlines linked to Africa as well as America.
>>
>>138029561
It keeps getting better and better.
>>
File: posting.png (556KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
posting.png
556KB, 600x429px
>>138027165
You're next goy.
>>
>>138034075
Well son... Once upon a time our unfortunately white ancestors owned slaves but those godking SJWs from the north stopped them.

VS

OUR ANCESTORS DINDU NUFFIN
THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!
>>
>>138033653
The confederate flag has more meaning than a guy on a horse and that's still legal to have and show. And again, this conversation goes on without the statue.

>>138034589
You need a statue to know your heritage?
>>
>>138027165
Once physical proof is gone, the narrative can be changed to something more radical. Monuments challenge any false narrative people try to push to falsify history to then indoctrinate a generation.
>>
>>138036105
It's physical proof that the south had trouble letting go well after the civil war had ended. There's no shortage of proof of that.
>>
>>138029026

A third of your country are idiots
>>
>>138036303
So is the 9/11 memorial celebrating terrorism and Americas unwillingness of letting go?
You are a hateful leftist. Your lies do not work here.
>>
You guys will all be delighted to know there are these new things called books that have all the information you seek.

You can even download them!
>>
>>138036738
What are my lies? That a statue isn't physical proof? There's relics and statues of many gods, but we all know there's only one.
>>
>>138036869
where have you been the past 2 years?
the left has already been burning "offensive" books, mostly books the criticize islam or communism.
>>
>>138037399
Which ones? When?
>>
>>138037399
>Burning a file on the internet.

Just fucking stop. The only way history is being deleted here is if you are a retarded and need visual reminders every day.

In that case, you have dementia.
>>
>>138037515
why do gays sound so gay?
>>
File: 1503053036056.jpg (86KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
1503053036056.jpg
86KB, 600x429px
>>138027250
>>
>>138037752
what is that thing behind the index finger?
>>
>>138027165
There is an old, cynical saying: history is written by the victors. This is true to most people of the world, but in the US history was objective. It happened and we didn't shy away from it. Of course, now that we're flooded with leftists that don't respect anglo culture, they're right back to the usual way of "history is written by the victors."

I cannot wait to erase the left. Some mistakes you only make once.
>>
>>138033326
America first, am I right?
>>
>>138030708
Already happening; all the marketing and lies spread are really making it hard to believe the facts that do remain.
>>
>>138033133
Double d should be written as just Edd.
>>
>>138037817
sword hilt
>>
>>138027165

Let them repeat it. I'm saving up to buy some slaves who were once BLM members tearing down monuments.
>>
>>138038065
Hello, welcome to postmodernism. There's a thread about using fake SJW accounts to make it seem like the left wants to take down a statue of Walt Disney.
>>
>>138037537
>>138037652
an example
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/dutch-group-burns-cover-of-hill-s-book-of-negroes-1.887175
"A group member said the cover alone was torched because only the title offended them."
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2011/10/22/colbert-other-liberals-cheer-oreilly-book-burning-troops
>>
>>138038251
you should label that.
It's hard to tell.
>>
>>138027165
No one reads books including you
>>
>>138027165
If nothing else it adds aesthetics to the area. But now I'm of the mind that if they get taken down the populace doesn't deserve to have such art and beauty. Enjoy the graffiti and African tribal shit in it's wake. You all honestly deserve it.
>>
>>138027165
How can people who don't even know history forget it?
And history is in books and shit, statues are just memorials.
Do we have to go through inquisitions every few years to reaffirm that the Earth isn't the center of the universe or something?
>>
>>138038398
Those aren't books that criticize Islam and Communism. The only one that comes close to that is O'reily and he's a TV pundit. These aren't attempts at erasing history.
>>
>>138037652
a book is a lot easier to forge than a statue
>>
>>138039644
And a statue doesn't tell anyone the war wasn't about slavery. It isn't proof there was a war at all like Lady Liberty isn't proof that there was ever a giant lady holding a torch.
>>
>>138030828
whats the blue bit in the background?
>>
>>138027165
The Civil War was about slavery, but the South lost, and is sad. They had a way of life, an identity that is now gone. They lost a lot of people, too. Lee represents that. If they wanted to commemorate slavery itself, they'd have a statue of a slave.

If you tell them to get rid of Lee, what would you let them have that does the same job, that represents the identity that they lost?
>>
>>138040291
The confederate flag?
>>
>>138027165
I'd argue those who obsess with it are bound to repeat it.
>"b-but, they were not ideologically motivated, they just wanted to preserve history"
>>
>>138027165

>I don't understand how

This should be the official motto of the millennial generation.
>>
>>138040291
This is propaganda.
Slavery brought up states issues.

Not every soldier and general from the south was fighting for racism and slavery, and not every union soldier in the north was fighting to free slaves.

Stop lying or trying to revise history.
>>
>>138040291
>The Civil War was about slavery, but the South lost,
why is this BS pushed so hard? it was about tarrifs on trade and states individual rights, freed slaves were added by lincoln as a political move, if could have won without freeing them he would have, said so himself
>>
>>138027250
Not understanding the nuance is a part of American identity.
>>
>>138027165
I agree. Need statues of lynched niggers. Should put things in context. Thanks for the opinion pal.
>>
>>138038323
Disney was a Nazi sympathizer and that statue needs to go!
>>
Because muh triggers https://youtu.be/-i886pP5klo
>>
File: wowz.jpg (115KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
wowz.jpg
115KB, 600x429px
I hate these retard tier political commentators
>>
>>138027250
He could have made the eraser look like the city flag of Charlottesville or the flag of Virginia, but nooooooooo.
>>
>>138027165
Read up on Gen Lee, I'm a tad rusty on the details these days but he was a model officer, a classic gentlemen of the period(AKA Cunt Destroyer) and if I recall he wasn't particularly fond of Slavery and seriously only fought for the south because that's the side VA picked, so Family and Homestead priorities.

They can't really trash Lee's image because facts paint him to be what easily could have been a (((Northern Hero))) in leadership and actions. What they can do is tear down the tribute to him.
>>
>>138036491
Are niggers and traitors
>>
>>138042119
>words
>words
>words
>words
i guess they have to write for their audience of slack-jawed jackanapes
>>
Anyone can say it was this or that. Boil it down, reduce it, what you will find is it was all about the benjamins.
>>
>>138044551
you gommies think of nothing but money. no wonder you're all jews.
>>
File: kingtut.jpg (371KB, 1161x774px) Image search: [Google]
kingtut.jpg
371KB, 1161x774px
>>138027165
>>
Slavery wasn't even that bad.
Your owner had to take car of you.
I would imagine most numales would really like to be a slave. I'm sure they masturbate to the thought of being owned by a big black man.
>>
>>138046116
>I'm sure they masturbate to the thought of being owned by a big black man.
your flag checks out you weird cunt
>>
>>138027165
Because statues in honor of pro slavery traitors is the only way to remenber slavery...
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 455x300px
>>138046675
This guy gets it.
>>
>>138027617
Every American is a traitor to the British Empire, m8.

Should the Founding Fathers have statues?
>>
>>138027165
It's not going to help you with history you absolute faggot, it's supposed to be a monument to a great man.
>>
>>138047357
That should say
July 9, 1776: Pro Slavery Traitors topple statue of George III after declaring revolution on him, not 200 years later

Bottom text

and you should kill yourself

>>138046675
you too
>>
File: Join_or_Die_-_Benjamin_Franklin.jpg (3MB, 3740x2696px) Image search: [Google]
Join_or_Die_-_Benjamin_Franklin.jpg
3MB, 3740x2696px
>>138027369
>has to be so fucking
>>
>>138051210
Are you implying the confessors monuments were put there before the Civil War?
>>
>>138052785
>confessors
Confederate. Oh wow, night shift was not kind. Goodnight everyone, it was fun.
>>
>>138027165
Obviously you would be to dense and narrow minded to understand. You should work on that first, before you try to understand things that cover a large breadth of humanity and its cyclical nature when it lacks the context of history.
>>
>>138052785
That's the exact opposite of what I'm implying
>>
>>138027165
It's only supposed to be a stepping stone to inspire you to learn about the civil war on your own. It's not meant to replace a us history textbook. Besides, I don't see how the Vietnam memorial helps me learn about Vietnam, but you don't see me wanting to take it down. And just look at the Washington monument? How the fuck does that teach anyone anything about George Washington?
>>
>>138027165
The rootless, identyless, atheistic modern man has no need for anything besides cummies and (((insert tv comedy here))).
>>
>>138027165
this same argument goes both ways.
"I don't understand how a monument black people didn't know existed until recently is supposed to oppress black people. It doesn't even provide context about how 'about slavery' the civil war really was."
>>
>political correctness
>(un)intentionally defending commie history erasure with that tired umbrella term
call the spade a spade
>>
>>138052785
He is implying the exact opposite you dumb fuck. And besides, when the south was invaded and taken over by the north. If America had somehow invaded England it would have made sense for the English to still honor their past. But the Confederacy, unlike England, does not exist today.
>>
>>138057886
Ignore "when".
>>
>>138029435
They'll come for those next.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.