[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the local governments choose to remove Confederate statues

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: b4f (1).jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f (1).jpg
24KB, 600x451px
If the local governments choose to remove Confederate statues then what is the problem? Does the land not belong to the people? States Rights? Wouldn't those statues be better off in museums? I know most of you come from the South and Midwest so couldn't some all white town take these statues off the hands of a local government with a more diverse population?
>>
I think the concern is what they're going to be replaced with
>>
>>137882310
Does it matter? The land belongs to the people.
>>
>>137881804
>Did they vote to remove the statue in Durham?

No. Not okay then.

>Did the city council make a snap decision and vote to remove theirs?

Yes. It's fine then.

See how that works?
>>
>>137881804
its just petty, immature and causes more harm than good. Its kind of like someone shooting smack into their arm to prove to you that their morally superior, it doesn't hurt you directly, but its a waste
>>
>>137881804
It's only a problem for a small group of the population. It's like when children are arguing. They know both groups are just going to keep at it. The side that doesn't want them removed is going to die down. The side that wants them removed is going to be at it again sometime later. They figure taking down a bunch of participation trophies and telling a bunch of babies to shut is the simpler solution.
>>
>>137882365
the south will always be the south no matter how many statues come down, it's a stupid movement based on feelings rather rational logical thought
I don't believe the land belongs to the people, that's a false analogy
>>
>>137883318
There's no rational reason to keep the statues up either. It's just to appease a small group of people.
>>
>>137882557
Durham was an illegal reaction to Charlottesville. Not the same thing.
>>
>>137881804
Its a bad thing when any government does shit without approval from citizens.
>>
>>137883318
>I don't believe the land belongs to the people, that's a false analogy

Then you believe the South was wrong during the Civil War and thus dont believe in the statues.
>>
File: 1u8szz.jpg (77KB, 500x701px)
1u8szz.jpg
77KB, 500x701px
>>137881804
OP is a brainlet. Rope yourself.
>>
>>137883813
You don't have to support the Confederates to not want the culture and history of your country tampered with.
>>
>>137883774
>approval from citizens
That tiny ass portion of people that oppose it don't count
>>
>>137881804
culture is something that surounds the living not something you'll put in between evidendence of past civilisations.
>>
>>137884092
No one is tampering with history. What good do the statues do? There don't need to be participation trophies for a bunch of losers strewn about the country.
>>
>>137881804
>white supramicsts accuse you of removing statues to spite them
>first thing you do is take down as many statues as humanly possible to spite the white supremacists

people are mad because it is just transparent pettiness
>>
>>137883774
Every single statue officially taken down was approved by the citizens.
>>
>>137884092
The statues are being moved to museums. They'll be in danger in a local community that doesn't want them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.