[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Stop tearing down history!" Here's a part of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 52309_h.jpg (147KB, 904x490px) Image search: [Google]
52309_h.jpg
147KB, 904x490px
"Stop tearing down history!"

Here's a part of history you should never forget, faggots
>>
Ah, yes. The part where Grant called Lee a worthy adversary and would not tolerate an unkind word about the man for the rest of his life.
>>
F
>>
>>137666598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ziHeJfibGc
>>
>>137666598
A lot of people have family that fought on both sides--but regardless, this is a part of American history and if you learn the Civil War in the southern schools (at least three decades ago when I was a kid) it was not about slavery.

It really wasn't, either. Less than 1% of landowning whites had slaves. Southerners fought the war because the electoral college was passing the threshold that allowed the South some semblance of representation. Slavery, along with agricultural and industrial regulations that were harmful to Southerners would have been put in place. Its sad the war was ever fought in the first place. Statues of Confederate generals shouldn't piss libs or niggers off. For fucks sake, do you retards not understand that the sooner you remove these reminders, the sooner we repeat what they represented.
>>
>>137667593
So you're saying taking down a statue of a confederate in a park means we will no longer learn about the Civil War in schools?
>>
>>137668047
They don't teach that anywhere outside the south
>>
>>137668047
Yes. I am.
I went to school in the south until high school, then I moved north. Can confirm, yanks aren't taught civil war history. It appears they aren't teaching it in the south that much anymore either. I had a whole class dedicated to it. It was an absolutely definitive period of history in the history of our country. The industrial capacity of the south was forever stunted, while its relationship with Britain and English/Scottish culture increased 10x.
>>
>>137668255

You didn't answer the question. Probably because it's rhetorical and your only defense of "history," is a bullshit one. It's not like people are going to forget or stop learning about the Civil War because a statue is removed.
>>
>>137668997

>The industrial capacity of the south was forever stunted

Perhaps because their source of free labor was removed?
>>
>>137666598
You and everyone else who thinks like this should be shot. Spitting on the history of this country.
>>
>>137669396
What that the confederacy lost and General Sherman raped your great-great-grandmother?
>>
>>137668047

It's a public reminder. Forgetting one's history is an assurance that it will be repeated again.
>>
>>137669651

So you champion rape as a legitimate war tactic?

Yankee scum.
>>
>>137669756
Replace it with a statue of him signing the loss Appomattox. Win/Win
>>
>>137670000

Quads are truth

Jimmies rustled faggot?
>>
File: 13886215990013.png (231KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
13886215990013.png
231KB, 400x400px
how come lefties say the confederates lost so they have no claim to identity, imagery or representation, but don't say the same about the natives who were btfo?

i mean i don't understand the logic that the losers have to voluntarily give up their identity or that they should forcibly have it quashed, but how come it only applies to some losers?
>>
>>137666994
true, even the whites who ended slavery for black people had great admiration for lee
>>
>>137670028

We know what he did. The statue will have the same meaning whether he's on the back of a horse, surrendering at Appomattox or having afternoon drinks with his wife.
>>
>>137670263

Because lefties are scum. No other explanation needed.
>>
>>137669396
Exactly bro, is is American history, love it or leave
>>
>>137666598
>imagine being as pathetic as OP. wtf is your problem? what point are you trying to make?
>>
>>137666598
how old are you? what do you do for a living? are you white?
>>
>>137666598
>t. retard who knows nothing about history

answer me you fucking faggot. open you mind and accept that you might be wrong.
>>
>>137666598

They were all made proper veterans by an act of Congress. Fuck off.
>>
>>137666598

>not knowing that most of the statues were built after the war to respect those who'd fallen
>being a total faggot
>>
>>137673410
spotted the cia nigger.
>>
>>137667593

Jews were the overwhelming owners of slaves both in sheer numbers owned and percentages of their in-group as a whole where permitted.
>>
>>137673098
>>137673410
>>137674160

nigger, you're swine
>>
Also dont forget that Lee didnt want to fight but loyalty to the state he was born in forced his hand
>>
>>137674599
not putting his stats in a database. I just want to know him to admit he's a 16 year old nigger who knows nothing and will never achieve anything in life
>>
>>137670151

It doesn't work that way Jew you got BTFO'd by his fortune.
>>
>>137674805
why?
>>
>>137666598
History belongs in museums you fucking aspie.

The losing side doesn't get to wave their flags and build statues.
>>
>>137666598
Maybe if niggers weren't all unemployed virgins we wouldn't have had to force them to work and rape their women.
>>
File: UnionBlue.jpg (44KB, 375x269px) Image search: [Google]
UnionBlue.jpg
44KB, 375x269px
Patriotic "leftie" here
We should not forget the characters of our history, but is it right to put a man who waged war for the preservation of chattel slavery on a pedestal?
Our memories can be vast, it is right and good to remember Robert E. Lee as a man who conducted himself honorably in a savage time of our history, but when that knowledge is used to forget the blight that was slavery which he fought to preserve you have lost your connection to American history.
The war was fought, the people died, the south lost. The states that formed the confederacy have never once belonged to another sovereign nation, because the United States have never been divided.
Because he would destroy the foundation of our (yes all you Americans reading this, OUR) country, he should not be a man we idolize with noble monuments, but grim reminders of a troubled past.
>>
>>137676587
Yeah let's just forget that Robert E Lee is George Washington's grandson in law and the descendants of Confederate soldiers have fought in every war since then and held political office at every level. None of that matters because it's rayciss and we should just erase the history of American families. Filthy leftist kike.
>>
File: AbrahamLincoln-2.png (739KB, 670x869px) Image search: [Google]
AbrahamLincoln-2.png
739KB, 670x869px
>>137666598

Here's another one:

"I will say, then, that I am not nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race." -Abraham Lincoln

http://archive.is/qRmL2

Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8319858/Abraham-Lincoln-wanted-to-deport-slaves-to-new-colonies.html
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.