[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pray the Rosary. In "The Secret of the Rosary" by

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x696px
Pray the Rosary.

In "The Secret of the Rosary" by Saint Grignion de Monfort, the great Saint says the following:

>"Even if you are on the verge of being damned, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do, even if you are a heretic as hardened and obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and saved, if--mark well my words--if you pray the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and forgiveness for your sins."

The Rosary is the ultimate prayer, containing both verbal and meditative prayer. During each decade of the Rosary, we meditate on the life of Jesus Christ through the eyes of His Mother.

The Rosary is the prayer of the gospel, the complete contemplation of Jesus Christ's life; and it is from Heaven.

Saint Monfort goes on to say:

>"No one can disapprove of the devotion of the Holy Rosary without condemning what is most sacred in the Catholic Faith: i.e., the Lord's Prayer, the Angelic Salutation, and the Mysteries of the Life, Death, and Glory of Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother."

Saint Bonaventure says:

>"He who neglects devotion to the Blessed Virgin will die in his sins and be damned."

Finally, to all who say the Rosary is a "vain repetition". I would remind one that Jesus Christ gave us the Lord's prayer to recite word for word. We are instructed to "pray ceaselessly". Even the Angels in heaven repeat "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come" without ceasing... David repeats in his psalms over and over again.

The Rosary is anything but vain. However the correct rendering should be understood as "do not pray with empty phrases". The Rosary is by no means empty.

>"Charity believes all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7), whereas pride easily leads us to deny almost all well-authenticated narritives, on the pretext they are not in Holy Scripture. Such pretext is one of the devil's snares."
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 765x1000px
>Truly anything can be attained by faithful recitation of the Rosary!

Here is how to pray it:

1) State your intention for praying the Rosary
2) Kiss the crucifix and do the sign of the cross
3) Say 1 Our Father on the first large bead, 3 Hail Mary's on the next 3 small beads, and on the last large bead, say a Glory Be and a Fatima Prayer...
4) Announce the first mystery...

The mysteries are as follows:

Joyful Mysteries:
The Annunciation
The Visitation
The Birth of Jesus
The presentation of Jesus as the temple
The finding Jesus Teaching at the temple

The Sorrowful Mysteries:
Our Lords agony in the garden
The scourging of Our Lord
The crowning of our Lord with thorns
Our Lord bearing His Cross
The Crucifiction of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Glorious Mysteries
The Reasurection
The Ascension
The Descent of the Holy Spirit
The Assumption of Holy Mary
The Crowning of Mary in Heaven

>Traditionally, all 15 mysteries, (that's 15 decades consisting of 150 Hail Mary's) would be prayed... You can start with just one mystery, which consists of 10 Hail Mary's.

>Each "decade" should begin with the mystery being announced, the Our Father, then 10 Hail Mary's while meditating on the mystery. Then finish with a Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer.

>This practice really will yield much reward, and will become second nature after just a few recitations.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 378x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 378x464px
Prayer of the Rosary:

>The Sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

>The Apostles' Creed: I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He arose again; He ascended into heaven,and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgivness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

>The Our Father: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil. Amen.

>The Hail Mary: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

>Glory Be to the Father: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

>The Fatima Prayer: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy".
(Our Lady at Fatima, 13th July 1917)
>>
File: image.jpg (944KB, 1094x1623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
944KB, 1094x1623px
You end the Rosary with the Salve Regina...

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee to we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray. Almighty and everlasting God, Who by the working of the Holy Spirit didst prepare both body and soul of the glorious Virgin Mother, Mary, that she might deserve to be made a worthy dwelling for Thy Son, grant that we who rejoice in her memory, may, by her loving intercession, be delivered from present evils and from lasting death, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
>>
Catholic General... Any faith/non faith welcome.

Hope you all had a good Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary day!
>>
Catholic bump.
>>
File: SolInvictus.jpg (28KB, 235x300px) Image search: [Google]
SolInvictus.jpg
28KB, 235x300px
>>137641911
This thread again? All about a useless Jewish religion pimped by based Roman Sun Paganism.
>>
>>137643354

God bless
>>
>>137643932

Pray the Rosary Swede bro
>>
>>137642709
That's odd, I stumbled upon the church in pic related on the Internet today after looking up where this music video was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9lObWclFQ

It was filmed in the Slovenian Alps, and the church in the picture is a church in Slovenia called the Pilgrimage Church of the Assumption of Maria, on Lake Bled.
>>
File: s.jpg (566KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
566KB, 1536x1024px
Catholic bump.
May God bless you and may the Virgin Mary pray for us.
>>
>>137642709
>>137645633
I had no idea it was the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary day.

Can you recommend some good resources/books for learning about Catholicism vs. Eastern Orthodoxy? I'm considering joining one of them. I was raised Methodist.
>>
>believing God has a mother.

dog seriously I fell for the catholic meme for a while but it's not monotheism.
>>
>>137645856
If you want to convert to either Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy i recomend you to learn about Traditional Catholicism and Sedevencalism instead of (((Modern Catholicism)))
>>
>>137645918
She is the mother of God because she brought Him to this earth.
>>
>>137646144
Sound good. Never heard of Sedevacantism before, interesting. I haven't paid attention, but I can say for sure I could never support the current "pope". Any book recommendations or othe resources?
>>
THANK YOU BASED MARY
>>
>>137641911
Prove the assumption. There are no marriages in Heaven. There is no male nor female in Christ. There is no divine feminine. Nothing womany in spiritual world. At all. God has no Creator. She was blessed amongst women. Im not a woman
>>
>>137646410
The current Pope is a false one, a product of Vatican II. Here are some videos/channels i recomend you to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqSt8obqjCNhk0SyB9uStFo5i1dGgFa0

https://www.youtube.com/user/mhfm1
>>
>>137646755
Thanks. God bless.
>>
File: 1423028431262.jpg (446KB, 1160x844px) Image search: [Google]
1423028431262.jpg
446KB, 1160x844px
>>137641911
This is literally heresy. Christ alone, scripture alone, faith alone. No daily ritualistic slavery and no worship of Mary! Anything less is the exact opposite of what Christ died for!
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x203px
>>137645856

Go with Catholicism bro. Don't go for schismatics (orthodox/sedevacantist). Read the church fathers and the Douay Rheims bible.
>>
>>137645918

Jesus is God. Mary is the mother of Jesus.
>>
Hail Mary full of grace God is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, God Jesus Christ.

Our Lady, mother of God, pray for us sinners.
Now and at the hour of our death.
>>
>>137647515
Are you too lazy to give 15 minutes of your day to God?
>>
>>137647979
Amen.
>>
>>137646410

No, don't listen to him.

Traditionalism is the way to go if you admire the history and discipline of the Church.
Sedevacantism is just like Protestantism.
In that they are so anxious about the percieved weakness of the Church that they cling to dead things. They reject the authority of the living Church and have the hubris to think they could find salvation elsewhere.

Sedevacantism is a rejection of the doctrine of perpetual successors established during Vatican I, but more grievously, it is a rejection of Jesus' promise that the gates of hell will never prevail against his holy Church.

The fact of the matter is, there is no salvation outside of the Church. If you don't hold that belief, then why not go full Protestant?

Everyone hates Sedes, especially the Trads. And with good reason. Stop being enticed away from the Church.
>>
>>137646144
Please don't fall to the heresy
The key of heaven are in Saint Peter's hands, and the ones who followed his ministery
>>
>>137643932
Godless sodomite, you'll find no meaning at the end of your life
>>
File: Christian thread.png (3MB, 2242x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Christian thread.png
3MB, 2242x1254px
>>137641911
God loves you, anon.
>>
Just going to put this here.
>>137650071
>>
File: 666.png (1MB, 768x1005px) Image search: [Google]
666.png
1MB, 768x1005px
>>137649587
Babybuttfucker! Call me a sodomist? You and your pedoes would buttfuck baby Jesus if you got a chance.
Godess? I got gods in plural.
>>
>>137651009
>black people literally disgust me

kek
>>
>>137643932
(((they))) put halos on the heads of deities because Saturn worship
>>
File: halo.jpg (25KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
halo.jpg
25KB, 960x639px
>>137651796
No halos from Saturn.
>>
File: Rylands-470.jpg (85KB, 596x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rylands-470.jpg
85KB, 596x768px
What you are looking at here is the Rylands Papyrus 470. It was found in excavated in Egypt, and has been dated to around 250.A.D

The text on the papyrus is actually a prayer to the Theotokos. The sub tuum praesidium.

This is important because many people today, particularly protestants, have the false impression that Marian devotion was a medieval invention, or that it only came about after the Councils of Nicea or Ephesus.

The earliest Christians, the ones who lived directly after Christ's ministry, venerated the Mother of God and prayed for her intercession. This is what true, authentic Christianity looks like.

Ask her to pray for us.
>>
Hello, can you guys please tell me what's your opinion about free will and religion as a byproduct of evolution. I'm really curious.
>>
File: H2A_Mission_DeltaHalo.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H2A_Mission_DeltaHalo.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>137652163
wut
>>
>>137652926
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(optical_phenomenon)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.