[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the NRA? Why or why not? Will they really

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6429.jpg (118KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6429.jpg
118KB, 900x891px
Should I join the NRA? Why or why not? Will they really help gun rights?
>>
>>137582751
Semi related question: How hard is it to legally obtain a handgun in California?
>>
>>137582751
imo not really worth it unless you are going to take advantage of the other member benefits. Donate the money you would have spent there somewhere else that spends less on member programs and more on the results you want.
>>137583030
Pretty hard but not impossible, just have to jump through a bunch of legal hoops.
>>
They are the only conservative organization who hasn't lost ground to leftism.

They are just very pragmatic and very effective. It's why leftists hate them, they are able to organize, mobilize and WIN.
>>
>>137583247
What legal hoops? Could you explain?
>>
>>137583030
1) Take test to obtain firearm safety card
2) Choose handgun that is on CA's safe handgun roster.
3) Get background check done
4) Pay for gun
5) Come back in 10 days and pick up gun.

It's pretty easy. The thing that sucks is the roster. Slowly guns are falling off of it and because of the requirements (microstamping) no new ones can be added. At the rate it's going you probably won't be able to buy a new handgun in CA because there won't be any approved on the roster.
>>
>>137582751
Yes. they really help preserve gun rights. As for buying a gun in california, go to a gun store and ask them. In PA it's as easy as filling out a form, having a clean criminal record and not being insane.
>>
>>137582751
Life long NRA member here.
The NRA as an organization has radically changed over the past 20 years alone. People used to criticize them for being a gun industry lobby, but the old board was voted out, and they sing a completely different tune now. There are no old fudds who think a firearm is only for hunting. Everyone is black rifle friendly, pro suppressor ownership, and they do far more for defending gun ownership on a civil rights basis.

They're worth supporting simply because they're the only lobby for citizens that actually works. If you ever get one of those flyers in the mail for discounted life membership you should go for it. Life members get to vote on the board.
>>
>>137583402
>Handgun Safety Certificate, obtained by passing a written test, is required for the purchase of a handgun. Handguns sold by dealers must be "California legal" by being listed on the state's Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California
>>
File: 1444400259803.jpg (47KB, 493x679px) Image search: [Google]
1444400259803.jpg
47KB, 493x679px
>>137582751
It's your duty to do so as an American

Also, try to mulling about joining the CMP too. They also offer milsurp rifles.
>>
>>137582751
Are they still giving the free duffel bag when you join?
>>
>>137584114
Periodically yeah. I don't think its ever permanently gone away. Bag, t shirt, hat, magazine, and a bunch of other fliers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.