[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this bother you? They took down a statue of a traitor

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: statue.png (290KB, 644x603px) Image search: [Google]
statue.png
290KB, 644x603px
Why does this bother you? They took down a statue of a traitor and a loser, yet /pol/ believes that people should be celebrating him.

Do you also believe that 50 years from now, Syria should have statues of ISIS commanders just because "it's history"?
>>
>a traitor and a loser

That's an odd way to spell "valiant defender of Dixie against Yankee aggression", slideposter.
>>
>>137513714
A massive amount of Americans will agree that he was in the wrong, and he is in fact a loser. America is defined by its people, so why the fuss?

Again, why do you care about a statue? They didn't kill anybody, unlike some people.
>>
>>137514028
I bet a massive amount of people in the state would think he was a valiant defender of their state.
>>
/pol/ loves losers
>>
>>137513445
Yeah? Who was this a statue of?
>>
>>137513445
I swear to whatever God is left listening, you kikes have made even a goddamn Yankee want to spill your blood.
>>
>>137513445
Was the confederacy known for going around and terrorizing it's own people? They were normal people fighting for what they believed in and for themselves and felt they were getting the raw end of the deal. Good chance many southerners are related to them as well should they hate them forever because of the small chance one of their ancestors might have owned slaves? Fuck I'm a yank and this shit pisses me off. What's next statues of washington?
>>
>>137515123
Obv the statue of Grant has to come down next.
Both men were responsible for the deaths of Americans of color.
>>
>>137515123
the civil war was fought over the right for the south to keep slaves. dixiefags were degenerate and anti american. fuck em
>>
>>137514028
America has never been defined by catering to a vocal subset of the population.

If you wanted it down, go through the channels and allow DEBATE. Running in and destroying something because you don't agree with the statement it makes is now viable form of political engagement?

I don't agree that he was a "defender of the people", but it's fucking history and the wrong way to go about it.
>>
>>137516221
>the true founders of America were anti-American
>this is what yankees actually believe
Fuck off
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>137513445
>Do you also believe that 50 years from now, Syria should have statues of ISIS commanders just because "it's history"?
If that is their will then so be it. Mujaheddin who fought against both US and the russians still have monuments and plaques in Afghanistan

The point is that for all your fancy talk this was a clear act of vandalism. The protesters had no right doing it regardless of feelings. Furthermore it deserved to be put in a museum and treated with the proper historical respect it deserved.
>>
>>137516643
>owning slaves is american

This is why you don't fuck your cousins
>>
>>137516221
Yes and no. It was fought over the expansion of slavery to the west.

The emancipation proclamation was a wartime statute first and foremost. If the south had surrendered early (about 6 months before the war ended), they would have been able to keep their slaves. Read some history.
>>
Shill lefty... Comparing lee to Isis... Robert Lee is a respectable general... One of the best in American history... He didn't fight bc of slavery but bc of state loyalty. BTFO antifag scum. I hope another dodge run y'all asses over
>>
>>137516221
you're disingenuous.
>>
>>137513445
It's a memorial to the soldiers who died.
>>
>>137514577
it was a generic soldier, not any specific individual.
>>
Learn about the man you are defaming. Learn about the Western tradition of respecting an honorable enemy and how it was demonstrated at the surrender.
>>
>>137513445
it bothers me immensely to see history rewritten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o44So-88g30
>>
A few pounds of thermite would melt through the legs of those statues pretty easily. They're usually made out of brass right? The burning temperature of thermite is well above brass's melting point. Easy to make, easy to set up, and with the right fuse you can be 100 yards away before it even ignites.
I'm surprised more lefties haven't destroyed more statues in the night.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.