[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to start volunteering tomorrow at a homeless shelter,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ul160mnacxxy.jpg (99KB, 844x1157px) Image search: [Google]
ul160mnacxxy.jpg
99KB, 844x1157px
I'm going to start volunteering tomorrow at a homeless shelter, what should I expect? Are most homeless people drug addicts and bums or are they mostly just normal people who have been hit with a serious case of bad luck one way or another? I live a pretty "privileged" (read: lucky) life so I figure I might as well try and deserve it, that's why I wanted to volunteer, but I'm kinda apprehensive about the whole thing. Any insights/stories/advice?
>>
Dumb syrupcuck.
>>
>>137494559
The real deal ones don't go to shelters. But I imagine it's a good intro to the scene.

Share your stories when you're done. And then you can graduate to the real deal peeps.
>>
>>137494631
Helping people in need makes you dumb?
>>
>Are most homeless people drug addicts and bums

yes.

don't waste your time. it will only make you jaded and angry.
>>
>>137494559
Mixes. Most homeless people were, at one point or another, fairly normal. Something happened, they turned to drugs or the like to cope, or they had a mental illness that's gone untreated and simply gotten worse with time, and it spiraled down from there and there's not exactly a lot of help to pull yourself back out of that hole. At least, that's the case here in America. Hope you can do some good volunteering, mate.
>>
>>137495130
>here in America.
Use your own flag, faggot, not that communist UN bullshit.
>>
>>137494559
careful one doesn't stick you with an aids infected needle.
>>
>>137494559
>>137494559
What this guy said.
>>137494884

There are people who are legitimately down on their luck, or have mental illnesses, or learning disabilities that have no family to help support them. So they are just homeless cause they don't want to off themselves, and can't hold a job.
In the homeless community they are very small minority. About 20% of them. Even that number is probably too high.
So basically out of every 10 people you come in contact with at the shelter 2 of them are actually supposed to be there.
>>
>>137496496
No surprise NPR ran a story about how to abuse the system if you pretend to be homeless.

Those Jews have no humanity.
>>
>>137496943
I was homeless for a good portion of the end of last year, and the beginning of this year (yes I still browsed 4chan) I was surprised when I realized just exactly how many of them are able bodied, and have no real excuse to be homeless except for the fact they have decided they can't live without drugs, or booze.
It's why, even though I understand the struggles of being homeless I refuse to give homeless people money.
Too many times I watched some junky walk through a Walmart parking lot asking people for money. Only to come back less than an hour later with 20 bucks to go buy a dub sack with.
>>
File: 1496113730429.png (472KB, 491x708px) Image search: [Google]
1496113730429.png
472KB, 491x708px
>>137494559
It will red pill you on why its a waste of time(and actually enabling) to help drug addicted human trash. Have fun with the life lesson anon.
>>
>>137497617
I never give them money. I don't know how much of a child you have to be to give pan handlers the time of day. Best is to look at them and then walk by if they bust in to a rage. It's on par with the street urchins (niggers) decades past who used to wash your windows while you were stuck in traffic and then demand money.

Actual hobos is different. I once found a bunch of probably drug kids riding around in a coal car, but you don't see coal car kids much these days. And they had the nerve to get me to jump in to the coal car to find out what these drug rejects were all about.

That was worth pocket change, since that wasn't going to get them their next fix. But it got me good information.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.