[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: beta-uprising.jpg (109KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
beta-uprising.jpg
109KB, 1200x800px
Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/. But please try to keep the /pol/ shit to a minimum, if you can:

I'm a white male liberal living in a liberal town (Portland). I'm usually for gun control (or at least better gun regulations) and what have you. But recent events in Charlottesville, and other similar events throughout the 2010s, is starting to make me consider carrying a fire-arm on me.

Because the world, or at least America, is certainly becoming a less safe place for now. And I've definitely had encounters thus far into 2017 that made me wish a weapon was within my reach. In addition, I'm not only considering fire-arms for protection, but also have one in the hopes of deterring potential ugly encounters from even starting (if that's possible).

So what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge? .45 sidearms have a nice ring in my ear. But I guess I should also come out and say there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005. And I've never been committed or arrested for any reason whatsoever.
>>
>>137479665
Black people aren't going to fuck with you autist stop buying into media garbage. I live in shitty ass Florida and deal with nigger and spics constantly and I get along with them because I have basic people skills. Live in the real world.
>>
>>137479665

>I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005.

you will not be able to get a gun.
>>
>>137480222
>Behavioural
Fuck this larper
>>
>>137480222
http://smartgunlaws.org/mental-health-reporting-in-oregon/
>>
>>137480514

how did your suicide attempt go? they didn't take you to the hospital, at least?
>>
File: 1502479468245.jpg (67KB, 554x476px) Image search: [Google]
1502479468245.jpg
67KB, 554x476px
>I'm usually for gun control or at least better gun regulations

>I'm mentally ill and tried to kill myself a couple times, and it's on record.

>What gun should I buy?

You played yourself with your regulations retard. You can't have guns. You literally are pro keeping guns away from people just like you...
>>
>>137480840
Slit wrists in high school. And no, there was no hospital visit due to shitty insurance. Even then, privacy laws and patient-doctor confidentiality prevent that info. from showing up in federal background checks.
>>
>>137481295

well that depends, did you do it inside your publicly government funded high school?

also you shouldn't have guns, anyway. it's funny, like what this poster said >>137481094, you are literally the poster child for the reason why you also are likely pro gun control
>>
>>137481295
>Even then, privacy laws and patient-doctor confidentiality prevent that info. from showing up in federal background checks.

Not if you are committed. (i.e. 5150 or 5250) If you show up to a hospital and are obviously there because of an attempt to harm yourself, you will be put on a 3-day mandatory court ordered hold, if not longer.
>>
>>137481563
>did you do it inside your publicly government funded high school?
At home. Bath tub. Parents found me. But because of shitty insurance at the time, they didn't want to pay for a doctor to check me out. So it was left at that.
>>
>>137481613
>Not if you are committed.
Not if it was willingly. Never had any commitment happen.
>>
>>137481834
>but the last recorded instance was 2006

Then this was not a "recorded" instance. You obviously also failed miserably if you didn't even need medical attention.
Did you get the attention you were looking for?
>>
>>137482094
>You obviously also failed miserably if you didn't even need medical attention.
This was back in high school, so...

>Did you get the attention you were looking for?
That would've been worse.
>>
>>137479665
Watch In Search of the Second Amendment. It's free on YouTube. You do not have an opinion on this issue if you do not know what negative rights are or how the Glorious Revolution is part of this.
Attend a safety class or concealed carry class, for fifty bucks you will learn everything you need to know and have a supervised practice.
Try out guns with a view toward what fits your hand and feels right. Don't bet everything on caliber. In a survey I trust conducted by an ex-cop using police data, all attackers took between two and three hits to be stopped, regardless of caliber.
>>
>>137482241

>That would've been worse.
>*takes away ur gun*
Nothin Personal, Kid...
>>
>>137479665
Get a 12-gauge shotgun. Best gun to kill yourself with.
>>
File: 1341843611736.jpg (36KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1341843611736.jpg
36KB, 450x495px
>>137479665
Poor lil shit.
You'll have to do what us felons do. Buy illegally.
>>
>>137479665

Revolver. Preferably medium frame. .38 Special.

Don't get a semi-auto unless you plan to get formal training, or get some gun experience under your belt.

Just make sure you're mentally stable enough to have access to a firearm in your home.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.