[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To anyone saying, "Psh, why are those black people so w

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0382.jpg (931KB, 3100x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0382.jpg
931KB, 3100x2500px
To anyone saying, "Psh, why are those black people so worse off?! Why can't they pull themselves up by their bootstraps!?"

Check this:

"In 1898, Wilmington was a thriving port city on the coast of North Carolina.

About two-thirds of Wilmington’s population was African American. African Americans were business people who owned barbershops, restaurants, tailor shops, and drug stores.

A group of predominately white Populists and African American Republicans won political control of the state.

Two days after the election, violence erupted into the “Wilmington Race Riot.” About 500 white men had assembled at the armory, and Waddell lead them to the Daily Record office several blocks away.

Hundreds of African Americans [were] killed and their bodies dumped into the river. In addition, hundreds of African Americans were banished from the city of Wilmington."

This happened in the city I lived my whole life in, and no one ever told me 'til recently.

You'll have to excuse them if they weren't eager to just "try again" after such a violent upheaval, which btw, happened ALL across America (Tulsa, anyone?).

Oh wait, but black people DID try again, in the 60's! And then... well, despite Civil Rights laws passing, think about how many civil rights leaders that didn't make it past the 60's in order for those rights to be respected, or were hunted and had to live in exile.

So the next time you say "but this minority, but that minority" think about the *very specific* history black Americans have had in this country.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-newsouth/4360

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.