[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Asperger's Syndrome and Autism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What's your opinion on Asperger's Syndrome and Autism?
Has this classification been created purposely to try and dehumanize a certain group of people in society, or is it something that is a byproduct of people spending too much time on the computer, playing videogames, etc?
>>
It's a psychological disorder. The only thing I'm with on the left is that you are born with aspergers.

I disagree on it being just a "personality trait".
>>
Somalians are the most common autists in sweden because their skin prevents them from making vitamin d
>>
>>137397068
Please elaborate
>>
20 years ago you'd call them Sociopaths because they lack empathy.
Now suddenly, they're nothing to be afraid, and people ostracize them.
Why is there a sudden spike in cases of autism?
Something doesn't add up.
>>
>>137399867
It's the new ADHD for psychiatrists to sell medication to children who don't need it.
I have ADHD, bipolar, autism, pretty much every time I went to the doctor it was something new.
>>
>Why is there a sudden spike in cases of autism
The same reason there's a spike in all mental illness. Traditionally all crazy and weird people were either killed or were excluded from society and left to die. With the advent of human rights, rule of law and social welfare that has stopped being the case.
>>
Some people don't fit into society neatly. Now we have words and diagnosis to label them. Nothing new.
>>
>>137400681

They would actually function better in a traditional society, at least the high functioning ones. Lots of stuff to do. Just look useful. Lazy and corrupt degenerates would be the ones slaughtered. They are favoured in the moral sewer that is modern civilization. You never see them working jobs that require physical labour. They would not last a week in a rural farming community.
>>
>>137396871
Yes that is what 4chan is anon. Please keep up
>>
>>137396871
>Has this classification been created purposely to try and dehumanize a certain group of people in society
No, it is a real phenomenon and many (not all) of the parents and siblings of autistic children desperately need all the help they can get.

>>137399867
>20 years ago you'd call them Sociopaths because they lack empathy.
The 90s was the heyday for the rise in Aspergers and Autism as a diagnosis - but the history stretches back a long way and was probably understood in non-medical terms in the more distant past.

>It's the new ADHD for psychiatrists to sell medication to children who don't need it.
It is true that false positives occur and that there is a cultural tendency at the moment to pathologise normal male tendencies. However, this does not fully explain autism and asperger syndrome.

Speaking as someone who lived with an autistic person growing up, I have to say that Autism has one of the most sinister PR campaigns of any disability. It pretends that every autistic person is a misunderstood savant... It completely ignores and obscures the extremity of the problems and excuses the (often hidden and unattributed, because it is too hard to solve) damage that autism can cause to society. (it is true also that autism benefits society significantly)

I still have flashbacks about top-of-the-scale-of-human-distress meltdowns over the most trivial shit imaginable. e.g. waking up and hearing "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY FUCKING SOCKS" and "WHERE IS MY FUCKING UNDERWEAR!? WHERE DID YOU FUCKING PUT IT!?" Usually followed by a sheepish "oh" after someone else found it after looking for 2 seconds.

Living with an autistic person for me was like living in constant fear of everything turning abruptly to hell for no reason.

It is real you dumb cunts.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.