[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /pol/, could this be technically classified as a flamethrower?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1502673290416.jpg (125KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
1502673290416.jpg
125KB, 640x398px
Hey /pol/, could this be technically classified as a flamethrower?

Had an argument with a couple of friends about what happened over the weekend. One of the things we argued over was whether or not the device in the pic could be considered a flamethrower.

Their argument was that an spraycan and a lighter that throws flames cannot be considered a flamethrower because of its limited range ("about 1ft") and how ineffective it is ("you can step away from it").

I argued to the contrary, that it can be considered a flamethrower because it throws flames for offensive purposes.
>>
>>137383541
>spraycan and a lighter that throws flames cannot be considered a flamethrower because of its limited range ("about 1ft") and how ineffective it is ("you can step away from it").

Depends on what you use.

Starter fluid would light someone up like a christmas tree.
>>
The device in question is certainly being used as a flame thrower. I would classify this improvise device as a flame thrower because A. it is achieving its desired effect of throwing flame and B. the man using the device most certainly premeditated it's use in this manner.
>>
>>137383541
it's a makeshift incendiary device

https://definitions.uslegal.com/e/explosive-or-incendiary-device/
>any device which (i) consists of or includes a breakable container including a flammable liquid or compound, and a wick composed of any material which, when ignited, is capable of igniting such flammable liquid or compound, and (ii) can be carried or thrown by one individual acting alone.” United States v. Agrillo-Ladlad, 675 F.2d 905, 908 (7th Cir. Ill. 1982)

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/1500/1550.html
>1550. Possession of Incendiary Device

>To prove that the defendant is guilty of this crime, the People must prove that:
>1. The defendant (possessed/made/manufactured/disposed of) flammable or combustible material or an incendiary device in an arrangement or preparation;
AND
>2. The defendant willfully and maliciously intended to use the material or device to set fire to or burn (a structure/ forest land/property).

Let's put this nog in jail.
>>
>>137383541
What's that old guy doing with the nogs?
>>
/k/ here

Legally what you are looking at is what would be called an "agricultural device" as legally defined by the BATFE. However, as used against a human being with the intent to do harm or egregious bodily harm would be considered assault with a deadly weapon, just like a boot, fists, or a length of rope.

A flamethrower is something that by definition, throws flame on people or structures, usually in a gel, or liquid manner, designed to burn well past the point of ignition.

For example the XM42 """flamethrower""" can he purchased by anyone over18 with no background check because it's basically a big ass lighter. Its not throwing a flaming substance on something, it's just lighting gas on fire for a brief second before it fizziles out. It is not an AOW(any other weapon), DD (Destructive Device), or NFA (National Firearms Act) classification device.
>>
>>137384852
Look at the posture and nose
>>
>>137383541
It throws flames.
>>
>>137385620
Pure coincidence
>>
>>137385835
Isn't it always? :^)
>>
>>137384391
This refers to "Molotov cocktails, not a handheld device capable of spewing flame if combined with an ignition source. If that were the case, every aresol can would require an ATF form 4473 and a federal NICS background check to purchase
>>
>>137383541

This is my flammenwerfer

it werfs flammens
>>
>>137383541
Yeah that's a flamethrower. Look at those heroic and powerful nationalists.

I really wish I had been there to march with my proud brothers and sisters of /pol/
>>
>>137385492
>can he purchased by anyone over18 with no background check b

Has anyone ever tried a massacre with a flamethrower?
>>
File: 2017-08-14.png (132KB, 1102x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-14.png
132KB, 1102x333px
as long as he used it as a weapon and ignited willfully, it can be classified as a small homemade flamethrower. now we just need to find out who he is
>>
>>137383541

flamethrowers have thick liquid that lands and stays lit.
>>
>>137386450
It was among the first mass killings in American history, hundreds of years ago.Some asshole farmer put together a gasoline squirt gun and burned an Amish schoolhouse full of schoolgirls and a few nuns.
>>
File: 2573152408_454e45a115_z.jpg (123KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
2573152408_454e45a115_z.jpg
123KB, 640x447px
>>137383541
Ur gay
/argument
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.