[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /pol. Anon from Belarus here. I have a question about US

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Pulp-Fiction-1.jpg (55KB, 630x473px)
Pulp-Fiction-1.jpg
55KB, 630x473px
Sup, /pol. Anon from Belarus here. I have a question about US Law system.

Assume one guy set up IP Webcam in his house. Once upon a time a terrible crime happened in his house. Webcam recorded this crime, but a murderer knew nothing about this Webcam. The police found this record. The lawyer of this murderer told that since the record was taken illegally, the Judge cannot use it as evidence. My friend told me about Fourth Amendment. He is sure that the murderer will win this case. But for me it sounds like madness. We have a tape, we have a direct proof, how can we ignore it? Can anyone tell me about it and maybe show me some links with such case.

Sorry for my English.
>>
Well it's in his house so it's not illegal to film
>>
Bump
>>
>>137056680

But he told nothing about this Webcam. There was no signs about hidden Webcams.
>>
>>137056779
Doesn't matter, it's your webcam in your house. Think how many criminals could use this defense and get off if your friend was correct. Is your friend from the US? He might just be stupid because a lot of us are here.
>>
I mean, if the police took a record illegally, but this record have a proof, a direct proof, can the Judge ignore it?
>>
>>137056551
Really not sure, you probably need to speak to an American lawyer for specifics.

The fourth amendment isnt what it used to be though thanks to Obama and Bush, so that might work in your favor if you're trying to see justice done here.
>>
>>137056680
>>137056936
>>137057021

Ok, thanks. Maybe i'll try some law forum for this question.
>>
>>137056968
In the US most police wear body cams and all squad cars have dashcams that automatically record you. I don't believe it's illegal to record. There was recently a man who took upskirt pictures of a woman and she called the cops and they told her it wasn't illegal for him to do it because she was on public property.
>>
>>137056779.
>>137056551

Irrelevant. He has a right to film the interior of his home. If there is AUDIO it gets stickier.
>>
>>137057168

What if the police found record during the illegal actions, the record have direct proof of a crime. Can the judge ignore it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.