[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >go to community college for 2 years >get AS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1489756325648.jpg (56KB, 620x385px) Image search: [Google]
1489756325648.jpg
56KB, 620x385px
>be me
>go to community college for 2 years
>get AS degree in welding
>degree would distinguish me from certification plebs
>get hired immediately after graduation (but only through a recommendation of welding instructor, all other applications I sent in were ignored)
>only make $14/hr
>everyone else is making $17 because they have 2 years of experience while I was finishing required gender studies classes
>still not a lot at all compared to the testimonials I've read
>work for about 2 and a half months
>entire floor receives a 7 day notice that we're being laid off
>go to boss to tell him what the fuck is going on
>he just purchased a $250,000 Lincoln electric robot welder and doesn't need us anymore
do blue collar work they said
it'll be based and master race they said

This country has no fucking idea what it's doing in regards to technical careers. You're pretty much locked out of any urban centers to do work because firms either use fancy robot welders or all positions are taken by illegals, so even if you did find work, your wage would be absolutely shit thanks to so many fucking illegals basically working for free. You can't head out to rural areas because the people there are protective of the work they already have and while they dislike meme robots, they're dislike strangers even more and basically tell you to fuck off and you don't belong there

Don't fail for the trade school meme, don't fail for the STEM meme, you'll just get fucked in the ass. Might as well major in something like gender studies or become a fatass NEET and apply for lifetime disability
>>
File: 1502316754447.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1502316754447.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>137041197
>get degree
>get job
>lose job
>give up
>>
The shop next door to mine has been paying the same illegal Mexicans welders $12/hour without a raise for 14 years. No white person without a criminal record or drug problem would stand for that.

Their California workers comp insurance has become so high it has prohibited them from hiring anyone besides family or illegals. They used to employ 45 people now its 7.
>>
come to Europe or go to Japan.Welders get payed very well here.
>>
>>137041768
And yet capitalism says your white asses should open your mouth and eat that shit sand which until you save up enough to invent your own thing.

OP start a business. Make cards, offer cheap welding help to make a name. I'm an electrician, its a fucking bitch to start contracting. You're not limited. I know majority of welders are illegals but some of the richest white people I've met make stupid hourly and bank off OVERTIME.

Say it with me op. OVERTIME.
>>
>>137041197
when the robot starts welding together other robots i'll give a fuck
>>
I'm calling bullshit on the having to take gender studies classes at a Community College.
>>
Stem can be worth it but it's not an easy path. Those advising others to go into stem are advising them to go the full route, and not some half baked shit like you see and hear about nowadays. That means a master's in TE and M and a doctorate in S. Lemme tell you, as a bachelor of science in chemistry, that there is nothing but 17/hr contract work out there for me and if I'm really lucky, 23 with some company whose old guard recently died off. Every time you hear about stem being a meme is true, because most of those dumb niggers stopped at a bachelor's and are useless to the market. You need to ascend to make it in that world and it will take an investment in time and money to achieve it.
>>
File: 180si1t.jpg (47KB, 596x586px) Image search: [Google]
180si1t.jpg
47KB, 596x586px
>>137041197
>yfw everyone who hired illegals is gonna get lynched in 5 years
>>
>>137042362
they already do, you need to be in R&D or prototyping to have security, cause they will just 3d print everything robot the thre rest
>>
>>137041197
Should have gotten an electrical trade.
Boilermaking is dead
>>
>>137041197
Welding is for dipshits. Poke around your tech college and you will find much better degrees.
>>
>>137041197

>be me
>date girl all 4 years high school
>get dumped first year of college
>other guy is welder, makes $20/hr
>i'm student, make $200 a week
>she tells me i'm a bitch for going to school, i can't afford shit
>im software engineer now
>$70/hr with carte blanche to work wherever i want in the entire country
>>
>>137043735
Nah bro, a guy in painting still hire illegals quite a lot. Even, they're using robot in painting in order to no pay higher wages to natives.
>>
So get certified in electricity
>>
>>137041197
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>137042708
Whole story is bullshit.
Welds still need inspected, parts need laid out, finished parts need moved and stored, someone still has to program the machine. Then there's kinds of welding machines can't do. Structural, repair, on site.
It just a LARP. Straight out of school my friend got hired for $20. I have no certs and made $15 in vegas, five years ago, welding.
The whole story is wale feathers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.