[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I learn about science the more I become a theist, firstly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 29

File: 1502448771986[1].jpg (49KB, 615x723px) Image search: [Google]
1502448771986[1].jpg
49KB, 615x723px
The more I learn about science the more I become a theist, firstly because there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe and secondly because of the way human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
Oh I mean the earth is 6000 years old, evolution is a scam, big bang never happened adam and eve not adam and steve.
The latter is what you retarded atheist fucks immediately think when you hear that someone believes in god, the former is what most theists actually are. We do not have to debunk your 'arguments' against god but I'm sure >>>/r/atheism would like to hear about them.

Read pic related and you'll know the truth.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 202x249px
>>136992117
the universe is full of life and jesus was an alien
>>
why don't you become a statistician you fucking retard
>>
The universe is filled with death.

Aliens are Demons.

Jesus Christ is GOD
>>
>>136992860
swallow the red pill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL65rpg_TJ0
>>
>>136992117
>Tiny chance
You have no idea what the odds are, nor does anyone alive.
>Random
In fact, nobody alive knows if it was even a random event, and that's not an assertion of physicists.
>Consciousness changes quantum state
I'm not sure you have any idea what the fuck you're talking about. Feel free to try again.
>Genesis is true
Yeah. Okay.
>>
>>136992117
here's a redpill for you anon: in a materialistic deterministic universe there is no random chance. life was either inevaitable since the first moment universe existed, or it was created by an intervention. either way, life is meaningful.
>>
File: 1496351147395.jpg (3MB, 3326x4141px) Image search: [Google]
1496351147395.jpg
3MB, 3326x4141px
The big bang was a miracle, and a miracle requires a god. So there must be a god. And Jesus Christ also performed miracles such as his resurrection from the dead, so he must be God.

At least that's how I understand it.
>>
>>136992117

Tell me why you think that the people thousands of years ago were even trustworthy in what they wrote about what Jesus did and the proof they say they attained about the existence of God, miracles, angels, so on.

Why do you trust these sources? People who lived at a time when superstition was rife, nobody knew even the reason their drinking water was killing them, everyone was manipulating each other for political gain, and people were desperate to come up with answers to explain their world, their pain, and have hope. And you're willing to live your entire life based solely on the words of those people?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 198x254px
>>136994701
his apparent necromancy skills were the result of his advanced alien medical equipment
>>
>>136992117
You shouldn't really be conflating actual science ( i.e. physics, chemistry, engineering ) with "science" and atheist groups. Also replacing some atheist theory with some theist theory is taking your head out of the ground and sticking it in another pile of dirt.

Most actual scientists are very pragmatic - in the sense that they only worry about the things that can be empirically proven or realistically theorized using known data. I have actually discussed this with a christian colleague and he told me that mathematics is the closest you will get to god or whatever that has brought into existence the universe. So there is that.
>>
>>136994796
There were dozens of witnesses to Christ's resurrection (which was recorded by Roman and Jewish authorities) and even when they were persecuted and threatened with death unless they renounce their testimonies, not one did. Who dies for a lie which they invented, and they have nothing to gain from? Those who saw and knew Christ was their Lord.
>>
>>136992380
Mormons are not welcome.
>>
Alright, this is not going anywhere. I originally made this thread to know if /pol/ was theist or atheist, ca I get a direct answer to that?
>>
File: uniform choices.jpg (62KB, 736x607px) Image search: [Google]
uniform choices.jpg
62KB, 736x607px
>>136995728
/pol/ is a star trek board. you should buy a starfleet uniform. 3 colors to choose from
>>
>>136995902
TOS suits were better.
>>
>>136995728
christian
>>
>>136995728
Christian
>>
>>136995728
/pol/ is a Christian board.
>>
>>136993140
I do. I know.

The chances of life randomly creating itself is zero.
>>
>>136994701
Fair understanding. Work on it though. God doesn't work with explosions. Everything was put in place and then stretched out.
>>
>>136996478
Let's see your proof.
>>
>>136997178
Wheres your proof of life being created randomly? There's more proof of it being deliberate i.e. a miracle than anything else.
>>
>>136997527
>Wheres your proof of life being created randomly?
I have no proof and I make no such claim.

>There's more proof of it being deliberate i.e. a miracle than anything else.
Show me your proof, then.
>>
>>136992117
if you read the bible properly you will realised the earth is NOT 6000 years old. The point of the bible is about the testimony of God and History of his Chosen people and NOT world history which started about 6000 years ago.

I bet you took the parables literally
>>
>>136997697
My proof is the fact that we can't find any natural law to explain the creation of all life so it's by definition a miracle.
>>
>>136997882
That's not proof, you moron, that's wild speculation by an absolute idiot.
>>
>>136994701
Jesus is not God.
as this contradicts the Isaiah 53 and even the revelation 1 verse 1
>>
>>136992117
The whole "nature is too perfect and beautiful to be explained by science, God has to exist" thing always baffles me. It's far from perfect and if you really examine things, it seems pretty random and chaotic. That perfection is just the human mind trying to attribute an origin to everything.
>>
>>136997178

p(L)=0
>>
>>136997977
Isaiah 53 directly speaks of Jesus, so no, it does not contradict Jesus at all.

No clue what you're on about with the Revelation verse.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John

How does that contradict Jesus?
>>
>>136998072
The whole "yeah, the cosmological constant cannot vary more than 1 part in 10^120 for life to exist, but hey, here we are, so it just happened at random" thing baffles me.

And that's just 1 constant that has to be perfect.
>>
OP if you are really on a search for truth you need to read the Sumerian tablets because they are the Source of the OT.

Then you should read the Nag Hammadi because Gnosticism is the source of the NT.

The Demiurge is not God.
>>
>>136992380
(((Aliens))) are just another satanic lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M

Come to Jesus.
>>
>>136997977
I bet Hebrews 1:8 confuses you too.

Hebrews 1
But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Well would you look at that. God calling Jesus "God".
>>
>>136998371
OP is less of a faggot than you are.
>>
>>136992380
This. Jesus was just a super pure alien who incarnated on earth to save us from (((them))), but the Jews kiked it up as always and now trump will usher in anudda great shoah
>>
>>136992117

>there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe

...and that "tiny chance" is the only chance. There's a minuscule chance of winning the lottery, but someone always does.

Christcucks are embarrassing brainlets. Sandnigger religions are cancer.
>>
>>136997977
>what is the father, son and holy ghost

Jesus (the son) is God.

>>136997974
That is proof. How else do you explain the existence of life? "I don't know" isn't a good enough answer.
>>
>>136998480
God and the angels are aliens. Way to go. Finally got something half right.

Interdimensional aliens, not extraterrestrial aliens.
>>
>>136998499
When just 1 variable has to be finely tuned to the extent that the cosmological constant is, 1 part in 10^120 (10^40 times more than there are atoms in the universe), you stop talking about things happening randomly.

If you're not an idiot, that is.
>>
>>136992117
That's basically why I because a believer after years of being a de-facto atheist. I discovered that the public's perception and even the pop-sci version of things was quite different from the actually science, and the actual science lined up better with Christianity than naturalism.
>>
>>136997974
Nothing physical contains within itself the genesis of its own creation.

Nothing.
>>
>>136998575
"I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer. Better than making up bullshit and spreading lies.
>>
>>136998700
Prove it.
>>
>>136998725
You know what else is a perfectly valid answer?

"God did it".
>>
>>136998824
Spontaneous generation has been debunked for centuries.

Do try to catch up.
>>
>>136998824
Here's the proof.

It's a falsifiable statement that you cannot falsify.
>>
File: babylonian tolerant talmud.jpg (606KB, 664x645px) Image search: [Google]
babylonian tolerant talmud.jpg
606KB, 664x645px
Jesus is Lord.
Best proof there is; kikes hate him with the passion of a gorillion shoahs.
>>
>>136998854
Prove it.
>>
>>136998725
No it aint. Everything happens for a reason. I'll accept we don't know the natural law behind the creation of life, and I believe there isn't a natural law behind it and it's a miracle. You're the moron claiming that there is some natural reason for life out there (we just dont know it duuurrrr) even though there is NO PROOF and no recorded random creation of life.
>>
>>136999048
The proof is right in front of you. All the life you see before you, a miracle. No natural law to explain it. God did it.
>>
>>136992117
Dude you don't know shit about science. There is a MASSIVE chance the universe is teeming with intelligent life and there's HUNDREDS of easily viable explanations for the Fermi paradox (if aliens are everywhere, where is the evidence?). In an infinite set, infinite possibilities can occur, making it inevitable that life will as well, not a random chance, but inevitable fact.

The only fucking argument for God is one from the stance of there being, logically, a prime mover, aka an uncaused cause. There are no arguments for specific gods named Allah, Jehova, YHVH, Jesus, Ra, EA, Zeus, etc.
>>
>>136999229
>God did it
Prove it.
>>
File: jacob_rees_mogg.jpg (31KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
jacob_rees_mogg.jpg
31KB, 600x451px
>>136995728
I was an atheist my whole life until a few years ago. Didn't see that coming, fucking heisenberg.
>>
>>136999231
The argument for Jesus is that he performed miracles which have been recorded by Roman and Jewish authorities as well as dozens of eyewitness testimonies.
>>
>>136999229
Life is not a miracle it is an eventuality. It is inexorably bound to happen, no matter what.
>>
>>136999060
I make no such claim. I merely ask for proof of claims made by others. So far none has been forthcoming.
>>
>>136999300
The creation of life was a miracle and only a god can perform miracles.

You're like a broken record. Say something other than "Prove it" and actually read what I'm saying.
>>
>>136999048
How did the universe come to be?

"God did it."

See? Perfectly acceptable answer.
>>
>>136992117
Every event had zero probability of happening yet one of them had to happen.
It's like I tell you to pick a number between 0 and 1. Each has zero probability of being chosen, and I bet the chosen one is going to feel "special" like you.
We exist by chance and that is a beautiful thing. Embrace meaninglessness
>>
>>136999355
It is a miracle. There is no natural law to explain it.
>>
>>136999231
Zero is not a massive chance. It's zero.
>>
>>136999334
No they weren't at all. There isn't a single historical document confirming any miracles performed by a Jesus. What there is are documents written after Christ's death that are hardly considered historically accurate. There's many contradictions and unanswered questions about these historical documents and they are heavily debated.

No miracle of that sort has ever occurred. Nor will ever occur again.
>>
>>136999355
From nothing comes nothing.
>>
>>136999571
Things that happen have no probability assigned to them.
>>
>>136999534
You really are retarded, aren't you? Such claims require proof or they can be easily dismissed as bullshit. So let's see your proof that God did it.
>>
>>136992117
T H E
G O Y I M S'
S A V I O U R
I S
T H E
E M A N C I P A T I O N
O F
I N T E L L E C T U A L I S M
D E V I L R Y
! !

T H E
B R A I N
I S
T H E
C A N C E RO U S
T O O L
O F
B E Ë L Z E B U B
(a.k.a. S A T A N)
(a.k.a. Y A H W E H)
! !
>>
File: foofled-by-randomness-2.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
foofled-by-randomness-2.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>136999470
>only a god can perform miracles

Are you a god? Who are you to say what Gods can or cannot do?

>>136998656

lol, this copypasta response...describe the cosmological constant for me, please. Try not to copy Wikipedia.
>>
>>136997527
Calling burden of proof on this one
>>
>>136999732
Not when you know what you're talking about.

God is the title for the being who created the universe.

Saying God created the universe is merely repeating the definition of God.

Your candidate for God may differ; you seem like one of those idiotic Time and Chance worshipers.
>>
>>136999577
The nature of the universe and physics itself is what allows for life to exist. There is no possibility of life not occurring. There is only possibility of it occurring.

>>136999579
This is not debatable you cuck. It is a mathematically proven fact that due to the size of the universe, the number of stars and the number of Earthlike planets within the same zone around their stars as Earth is around Sol, there is an overwhelming likeleyhood life exists elsewhere. The only debatable part is if it exists where is the evidence of alien ships or mega structures or ET signals, this is the Fermi paradox. And there's plenty of answers for it.
>>
>>136992380
M#rmons, pls go away
>>
>>136992117
Obviously you haven't learned much. One day you will graduate high school.
>>
>>136999587
St Paul confirms the resurrection of Christ in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
>>
>>136998296
This is extremely innacurate. Ere's a range of parameter that wo6ld have permitted some sort of life
>>
>>136999355
Some pretty intelligent people have been trying for decades to even come up with a *possible* pathway for the origin of life, and have thus far failed. That sounds like the opposite of "inexorably bound to happen".
>>
>>136999929
>Not when you know what you're talking about.
Knowledge requires proof, otherwise it is faith. So, prove it. If there is a god prove it exists, and if it did create the universe prove it did so. If you have no proof you have nothing.
>>
File: check this no fake.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
check this no fake.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>136992117
>>
>>136999844
It's the rate of expansion of the universe. Too fast, and everything falls apart. Too slow, everything crunches back together.

Has to be perfect to 120 places, or no life bearing universe exists.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you prove something? Anything? Got any answers at alL?
>>
>>137000029
Nope. The constant has been downgraded since its creation and approaches zero now.

It's actually zero. They're not quite ready to admit defeat yet.
>>
>>136999892
You want me to prove the creation of life was a miracle? Ok, a miracle is something which has no natural law to explain it, yes? And there is nothing which explains the creation of life, yes? So the creation of life was a miracle.

>>137000029
>The nature of the universe and physics itself is what allows for life to exist
So you're saying the laws of nature created life? Do you have any proof for that?
>>
>>137000120
Yup, and vary just that one to the 121st place, and the rest don't matter.
>>
>>136999060
Aaaaand ther is proof of it being "a miracle"? Why are you so afraid of not knowing?
>>
>>137000209
God knows.

Is it faith to know that God knows?
>>
>>137000117
This is an older story taken from other religions and molded into one. Kind of like the great flood myths. There have been plenty of "sons of deities" that died and were resurrected in mythology. The Bible is not a historical source of information unless other historical documents unrelated to the bible also confirm the same things and they DON'T.

Your religion has stolen and replaced many older stories and religious rites/practices/holidays.
>>
>>137000372
Yes, because something does not come from nothing, naturally. Ever.
>>
>>137000393
More bullshit from the brain dead "gnostic".

You make the definition of "gnostic" ironic as fuck.
>>
>>137000389
Come on, man, you must have some sort of proof. Anything at all. You talk such big talk but when it comes right down to it you seem to have nothing to back up your words. So far everything you've said this entire thread has been utterly devoid of meaning as you have no proof to back up your statements - not a single one.
>>
>>136999669
>Wot
You tell me you cannot calculate the probability of a real fenomena?
Kek
>>
>>137000393
Hahahaha what a load of bollocks. Paul's Corinthians letter is authentic even critical scholars agree. And in what way is Christianity "taken from other religions".
>>
>>137000542

Does God know? Yes or no.
>>
>>137000571
Things that happen have no probability assigned to them.

(Statistics 101)
>>
>>137000176
The universe is infinite. In an invite set, infinite possibilities can occur, thus everything that can happen will happen. Life can happen, we know this because we exist, thus life is inevitable. Physics simply allows for it to exist, and with enough time it inevitably will. This logic is the same logic used to prove a prime mover or an uncaused cause. Logically, it's only possible for there to be a cause that is uncaused. There is no possibility that there is NOT a cause that is uncaused, there is only the possibility there is, therefore there is. No probability is all actuality.
>>
>>136999231
>The only fucking argument for God is one from the stance of there being, logically, a prime mover, aka an uncaused cause

This is the only proof needed, and to disregard it is to be an ignorant fool. An eternal God needs to exist for anything else to exist.

As for proof of a single God, we must look towards history. We see remnants of Sodom and Gomorrah, chariots at the bottom of the red sea, the Shroud of Turin, miracle of the sun, and the star of Bethlehem among other countless occurrences which you goytheists don't like to talk about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk&t=686s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4&t=70s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIs8cuIwTo
>>
>>136992117
I want to know why there needs to be a god
If you can bring me a real argument and not the HURR DURR LOOK AT THE VERY LOW POSSIBILITY TO LIFE (there are billions of galaxies with billions of stars with loads of planets each, it doesn't seem to be that much difficult or strange anymore)
Since god is unknowable (and still there's no reason for this too, why is he unknowable, like he likes to troll people? Is he shy? Lmao) is not even worth questioning him. If he's real or not, we'll never know and hence the discussion is futile
>>
>>137000542
The Word of God is nothing to you?

What a shame. And to be so proud, so arrogant, when you're so ignorant as to the truth of the universe. But you think you're a seeker, don't you.

You have no idea you're in open rebellion against God.
>>
>>137000596
I make no claims as to whether a god if it even exists knows anything. You are the one making the absurd claims here. Prove it.
>>
>>137000673
The universe is not infinite.
>>
>>137000312
Ok, so you define "miracle" as "not knowing". Ok, it's a miracle I guess then
>>
>>137000701
You will see God with your own eyes.
>>
>>137000464
Why? Do you know?
>>
>>136992117
Maybe you should try being un-dropped on the head as a baby you spastic
>>
>>137000372
It is a miracle because its has no natural cause. I'm making the claim that there is no natural cause, you're making the claim that there is one. How can I "prove" to you there is no such thing as a natural cause for the creation of life? How do you suggest I go about producing the lack of existence for an abstract concept? Will you accept any proof or am I just arguing at a brick wall?
>>
>>137000312
>do you have any proof of that
Why yes. We exist and physics allows us to keep existing. Thus physics allows us to be created by it's processes.

This isn't debatable. What is debatable is if the physics and universe that allows for life to be created was created by an intelligent being or not.
>>
>>137000734
Please stop witch such retardation and show me your proof.
>>
>>137000029
>It is a mathematically proven fact that due to the size of the universe, the number of stars and the number of Earthlike planets within the same zone around their stars as Earth is around Sol, there is an overwhelming likeleyhood life exists elsewhere.
That's not possible to prove mathematically; you need a physical model of the universe. Also, there are no known pathways for the origin of life, making it impossible to compute a probability other than 0. (Not that this guarantees it's 0, just that it cannot currently be estimated.)

>>137000393
I would strongly recommend you read the ancient stories. (I find them interesting and enjoy reading them.) They do not do what you hope for however, as it becomes evident when reading them that what you say is false. (E.g. wrt Egyptian or Roman gods.) The nature of the difference is hard to describe however, and that's why I recommend reading them yourself, and not reading an article by someone merely talking about (and spinning) them.
>>
>>137000737
God exists.

Does God know everything?
Does God speak through anyone?
Did anyone write anything down?

No, until and unless you release your religious hold on empiricism and come to the obvious conclusion that knowledge revealed by God is higher than anything you can ever imagine or "prove" to anyone, you'll just be as lost as lost can be.

The Truth is not there to be "proved" to you. You either accept it, or it rolls you.
>>
>>137000813
I hope. I'd so much prefer going either to Hell or to Heaven rather than disappearing. But until that day comes, I'll not believe in him and I'll not make a big deal about his existence or non-existence
>>
>>137000829
Yes. It's one of the most tested things in mankind's history. Never happened, never will.
>>
>>137000644
I'm a phd in math student, so top kek. Things that ALREADY HAPPENED may not have assinged probability, but things that COULD HAPPEN, by definition, do. Really, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>137000750
It sure is bucko.
>>
>>137000764
Not "not knowing" but "having no natural cause". I know something does not have a natural cause if I cannot find evidence of a natural cause. How can you believe in something you have no evidence for?
>>
>>137000945
>God exists.
Prove it.
>>
>>137000884
I did. The Word of God. The bible. My proof.

God knows.
God told people.
They wrote it down.
I read it.

You're making this very complicated.
>>
>>136997874
This. It's unbelievable how many people don't get this. Holding on to unimportant claims like the 'muh 6000 years' and taking every word literally does nothing but push people away from what the Bible is actually about.
>>
>>137000673
>The universe is infinite.
Sorry, the past 100 years of cosmology (and related physics) STRONGLY suggest (and often require) it to be finite.
>>
>>137000978
If your end is hell, you will wish with all your soul that it was "nothing" instead.
>>
>>137000866
Oh no, I'm caliming at I don't fucking know, there's not enough evidence to know. And I think that calling it "a miracle" is absolutely retarded
>>
File: christfags.jpg (106KB, 908x634px) Image search: [Google]
christfags.jpg
106KB, 908x634px
>>136992117
>>
>>137000872
That's not proof that there is a natural law for the creation of life, thats proof that the universe allows for the existence of life. Big difference. Just because something can exist doesn't mean it is suddenly or randomly created.
>>
>>136992117
>the way human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
Well lucky i'm here to cleanse you of your delusion.

Your understanding of science is wrong. Thoughts have no effect on the physics of quantum mechanics.
>>
>>137000997
>Things that ALREADY HAPPENED may not have assinged probability

Only took me what, three times? to get this through to you.
>>
>>137001062
LARP 101
>>
>>137001002
You're sure of a lot of things that you're dead bang wrong on. We call that arrogance.
>>
>>137001058
The universe God created exists.

Proof.
>>
>>137000996
Kek, so we test in the future now, we know what will happen, for ever. Talk about miracle
>>
>>137001062
Alright, now I know you're retard or just pretending to be. I think we can end it here.
>>
>>137001125
The evidence is that there's never been a random creation of life recorded or found by scientists. And there's nothing retarded about calling something which has no natural cause a miracle.
>>
>>136992117
"The first sip of natural sciences makes you an atheist, at the bottom of the glass you find god"

Some dude
>>
>>137001233
Yes. In the future, which is not very long now. spontaneous generation will still have been debunked for centuries.
>>
>>137001075
But it's the word of God, anon. It literally is the word of God. Just the fact that the bible is full of fallacies and errors should be enough for anyone to understand that (at least the Christian) god doesn't exist
>>
>>137001271
Yes, little naturalistic rationalistic empiricist, scurry off.

Your kind has nothing of value to add to any conversation about the origin of the universe.
>>
>>137001004
How do you know at is doesn't have a natural cause? Because I don't know that, do you?
>>
File: teach kids lgbt history.png (308KB, 475x395px) Image search: [Google]
teach kids lgbt history.png
308KB, 475x395px
>>136992117

Finally an OP who is neither retarded nor a faggot. Good post, OP.

Most atheists are in the class of "I'm smart enough to know I'm above average and be obnoxious about it" but not quite smart enough to be in the "I'm smart enough to know I know nothing and the universe is so amazingly complex it can only be explained by God."
>>
>>136992117
https://youtu.be/8EjY9cHyHl4
>>
>>137001338
If it were full of errors and fallacies, it would not be the Word of God now, would it.

Hence there are no errors and fallacies in the autographs; I'll give you a few copyist errors in the past 3500 years. That's about it.
>>
>>137001153
I had thought of that possibility but as it was reatrded, I discarded it. My bad.
We were talking about all possible events leading to life, and that falls in the category of "ings that could happen". It's gettin really annoying discussing with you
>>
cure to (((atheism))) is a handful of good shrooms
>>
>>136999060
>Everything happens for a reason.

Proof?
>>
>>137001371
I believe it doesn't have a natural cause because there is no empirical evidence for one despite hundreds of years of study.
>>
>>137001004
So dark energy doesn't exist? What's your explanation for light distortion happening as seen in pictures of distant galaxies?
>>
>>137001283
How do you know there isn't? Maybe all around you was random. Maybe not. Being sure of eier is retarded
>>
>>137001421
>what is genesis
>>
>>137001544
Life already happened.

Assigning a probability to it happening at random is an exercise in futility.

But that's all you atheists have. Evolution must be true, because we're here.

That's also evidence for Creation and ID.
>>
>>137001311
Top kek, thanks for this
>>
This is a LARP thread guys, stop posting
>>
>>136992117

>read a book written by nomads who didn't even know where the sun went at night; that'll explain EVERYTHING!
>>
>>137001141
>Your understanding of science is wrong. Thoughts have no effect on the physics of quantum mechanics.
Actually, the community is somewhat split on the issue. If you use something in the Consistent Histories branch of interpretations, consciousness might not be necessary - and I say might, because in such a situation the true state of the universe is a homogeneous blob with no internal structure.

I didn't used to think consciousness was a problem, because I was conflating consciousness with "responding to the environment in complex ways" which doesn't require consciousness. But the reason we think people are conscious isn't because of how they react to things we say, per se, but because they are like us, and we are aware of our own consciousness, so we assume they must have something similar. Our consciousness doesn't need to exist for all of human behavior to exist, so explaining human behavior doesn't explain consciousness, unfortunately. It remains problematic to explain.
>>
>>137001655
Even if there isn't, how do you know there isn't one YET?
>>
>>137001715
Evolution is true because we have fossils and skellies as proof
>>
>>137001600
this

>>137001660
Dark energy does exist if we have evidence of it existing. I believe it's existence a miracle though, as we have no evidence of it having a natural cause.

>>137001676
I'm not sure, I have beliefs though and I know that until a natural cause is found it's a miracle in my books. Prove to me theres a natural cause for life and I'll accept it's not a miracle. But there is NO evidence of it being random, thats total bollocks.
>>
>>136992117
Life is not unlikely. Life is an inevitability from physics. Look up Jeremy England.

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/life-inevitable-consequence-physics/
Have an article talking about his tests.
>>
File: YourLordAndSaviour.png (187KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
YourLordAndSaviour.png
187KB, 350x350px
>>136999036
Did he die wearing a crown of thorns or was it a crown of horns?
Hail the lord. RaHoorKa
>>
>>137001715
Isn't that what we were discussing?
Wether it is reasonable or not to believe life emerged as a miracle because it had 0 prob of happening?
Jesus fucking christ
Done with you.
Stop being so afraid and grow up
>>
>>137001873
there could be one, I don't reckon there will be because I believe in God and I know God created life.
>>
>>137002060
> I know god created life
No you don't, that is the whole point. You may believe so, but you don't KNOW SO
>>
>>137001851
>Actually, the community is somewhat split on the issue.

Which community??
I've never seen a physicist/ a physics book/ a scientific paper that argued that consciousness has anything to do with measurements in quantum systems.

You're falling for somebody's con job. There's no need to talk about consciousness at all.
>>
>>136996478
What are the chances of God randomly creating itself?

Maybe life always existed.
>>
File: shhh.jpg (58KB, 762x769px) Image search: [Google]
shhh.jpg
58KB, 762x769px
>>136998499
Who said Masons lies??

There are lots of fraud in pseudoscience.

It is imposible to think at first, but when you go down the rabbit hole,

it is imposible to beliebe.
And then,

it is real.
>>
File: 14438250056723.jpg (23KB, 576x436px) Image search: [Google]
14438250056723.jpg
23KB, 576x436px
>This is Greg
>Greg is 22 years old, has never had a job and lives with his parents
>Greg's hobbies consists of watching anime, browsing reddit, 4chan and collecting miniatures
>Greg says he's an atheist
>Greg thinks that him being an atheist somehow makes him smarter, better and more enlightened than people who are not atheists
>Even though Greg is a self-proclaimed atheists he still celebrates christmas, easter, advent and even sees sundays as a day for resting
>He also lives in a christian country which is buildt by christian people for christian people
>however he still refuses to accept christianity as his own faith or any others
>Greg thinks that everyone who believes in God is "stupid" and should "stop believing in fairy tales" and "magic sky daddy"
>Greg also likes to make fun of people for going to church, attending christian ceremonies and practicing their christian faith
>Greg will often engage in conversations with these people for the sole purpose of arguing and to try and show that he's a better person and more intelligent than these people
>Greg will use quotes he found on /r/atheism and take literal verses from the bible to "debunk" these peoples beliefs
>Greg will compare 2000 year old roman catholicism to modern day lutheranism
>Greg does not understand religion, morals or theology
>Greg is not a good person
>Greg is not smart
>Greg is an atheist
>>
>>137002060
Knowledge requires proof, which you do not have. All you have is faith.
>>
>>137002253
Zero.

God is an eternal spirit being who has always existed, exists, and will always exist.
>>
>>136992380
Prayyse be to Jesus lmao
>>
>>136993140
Nothing here but arguments from ignorance. We can know and brilliant mathmaticians have calculated the odds and they aren't good. Every event which needs to take place in a sequntial manner makes a thing from happening less and less probable. If the initial expansion rate of the universe had been a fraction of a second faster or slower the universe would have burnt out or collapsed on itself. The rate of expansion was just right for the first giant clouds of carbon to form and from those other gases were made. The list goes on and on. God is very real and we are waiting for you.
>>
>>137002314
/thread
>>
>>137001704
The first book of the bible, and setting the tone for how much God feels he has to prove himself to you.

1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
>>
>>136992117
The truth that there were other people on the earth when adam and eve were supposed to be the first? Yea that book has a lot of contradictions and bullshit. Its done a good job at keeping people in perpetual ignorance though. Thats what it was made for anyways.
>>
>>137001338
>But it's the word of God
Yes. Written down, copied, translated, lost and selected by fallible people to the best of their ability. Quarelling over details is meaningless with something alive like that, everything must be read in the context of the whole to make any sense of it.
>>
>>137000997
Looking forward to that 300k starting? :^)
>>
>>137002193
The most useful definition of "know" is simply to believe something is true and that it also is true. Attempts to make "knowing" require reasoning accepted by the speakers, turns "knowing" into a relative term: because what some people accept as good reasoning, others reject, and thus one says a man knows the sky is blue and another says he doesn't know it, even if they all see it. And that's useless.
>>
>>137001905
You have fossils and skeles because of the Flood, not because of evolution.

"Shit changes" is not really something esoteric that needs a higher mind to grasp.

Shit changes. Wow. Yeah. Deep.
>>
Its not even about the bible. The bible was a copy of other religions before it. The stories in the bible are nothing bit recycled from other myths before it.

Look it up.
>>
>>137002054
It's what you were discussing; the probability that life evolved at random.

Since I know God is Life, and created this universe to put life on it, and to house us and give us everything we need to live, I don't have to speculate on why we're here, where we came from, and where we're going.

Because I chose not to live like an animal.
>>
>>137002316
Well that is just dumb and what makes you think there is only one?
>>
>>137002486
It's not good reasoning I seek, but proof of a given claim. That is something you can ask
>>
>>136992117
>because there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe

Actually, the chance of that happening is 100%. Because it did.
>>
>>137002193
I know God created life too.

Billions of people know that God created life.

You idiots who think it happened spontaneously are kind of an embarrassment.
>>
>>137002251
It was my field, and I met quite a few. A famous individual you'll have heard of is Roger Penrose, but there are lots.

I used to reject consciousness as just an apparent effect as well, until I realized I was being sloppy in my reasoning by equivocating over the two concepts which I describe in my earlier post.
>>
>>137002480
Don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>137002493
Literally kys larper faggot
Shit changes because DNA mutates, maggot
>>
>>137002609
Because He said there are none like Him, anywhere, and that He looked everywhere.

Do you never read the bible? Ever? Have no idea about it whatsoever?
>>
>>137002265

Nice strawman you got there
>>
>>137002718
Yup. Each within its own limitations. Kind begets kind, always.

T-Rex did not turn into chickens. Sorry.
>>
>>137002817
I've met a thousand Gregs here. It's not a strawman.
>>
>>136998230
why would God gave to it to himself if Jesus is God?
Jesus even prays to God, he even said this in John 17:3
>>
>>137002486
>The most useful definition of "know" is simply to believe something is true and that it also is true.

Not so, it has to be provably true. Imagine two men who've lived their whole lives in a cave. One claims the sky is purple, one claims it is blue. Neither of them have proof of their claims, but believe it regardless. Neither of them can be said to "know" it is true because neither can prove it. The man who believes the sky is blue is right, but it is merely a coincidence and he cannot be said to have any knowledge of the color of the sky.
>>
>>137002681
But I should add that I'm not saying consciousness is the deciding factor in whether to use a unity or projection operator (the technical point in question). I'm just saying that it may indeed be the case, and that view has been popular among physicists since the early days of quantum physics.
>>
File: cristorei_nevoa.jpg (1MB, 2112x2816px) Image search: [Google]
cristorei_nevoa.jpg
1MB, 2112x2816px
>>136992117
I'm with you bro, if you belive the big bang theory (the nothing exploded into everything) you can belive anything, so i chose to belive in God.

>>136995728
I once was a atheist, when i was younger, but know God gave me wisdom. Glory to Jesus our King.
>>
>>137001375
>Most atheists are in the class of "I'm smart enough to know I'm above average and be obnoxious about it" but not quite smart enough to be in the "I'm smart enough to know I know nothing and the universe is so amazingly complex it can only be explained by God."

this is good
>>
>>137002901
>they're rude and unattractive so they must be wrong
>>
>>137002696
>"phd" student in math
>doesn't know about the 300k starting meme
LARP detected
>>
>>137001375
>>137003000
Why is it always yanks who post stupid shit like this?
>>
>>136992117
>firstly because there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe
Doesn't matter, the universe is huge.

>and secondly because of the way human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
No it can't. You are just another brainlet who heard about the quantum eraser experiment or some other quantum experiment, misunderstood the scientific explanation, and now thinks we can change reality because we are "le observers!"
>>
File: 1502492197535.jpg (928KB, 1532x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1502492197535.jpg
928KB, 1532x1956px
>>
>>137003055
Sorry, was working on my thesis and misses Memes101. Must be a retarded murrican thing
>>
>>137002829
Can you please stop with your larping/slide thread technique?
>>
>>137002393
Ok but conversely for however unlikely it is for life to spawn on one particular planet, the chances that it will happen at least once, somewhere, are much higher.
>>
I think Terry Davis might be onto something.
t. 3rd year computer scientist glow in the dark monkey nigger
>>
File: crepuscular-rays.jpg (84KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
crepuscular-rays.jpg
84KB, 600x512px
>>137003000
>>
>>137002417
God loves you so much that he can not wait to fuck the earth up with water and fire and send you to an eternal lake of fire because you didn't do what he wanted because he gave you free will. I have kids and i would never want to see them in agony forever because they made a mistake. Fuck your jealous human being of a god. He is an asshole and so are all his self righteous hypocritical arrogant followers. Christians are little mini jews and they all need to be wiped away from the earth before they get their wish and turn the earth into a desert waiting for their escape from the shit they created.. I despise the abrahamic religions.
>>
>>137003265

I prefer nigger monkey
>>
>>136998725
>>136998575
>the father, son and holy ghost
It's a threefold God. Only Christians and maybe Hindus can comtemplate such thing.
>>
>>137003304
you need to read this:
>>137003171
>>
>>137003000
And you cant tell a christian anything because they already have their little infallible book of fairy tales that told them how everything is supposed to be..
>>
>>137003304

I think Jesus was right in his philosophical approach to life and thinking, dealing with your fellow man. Whether he exists or God exists doesn't matter, the words work, that's what's important. What the fuck do you know?
>>
>>137002912

lrn2trinity
>>
>>137003016
They do tend to be rude, not sure about the unattractive, but the profile fits a hellova lot more posters than you give it credit for.

Because atheists don't like being called atheists, and don't like being lumped in with atheists.
>>
>>137003173
Go see if the Norks nuked us yet. I'll wait.
>>
>>136998435
God anointed Jesus hence is the reason why is Jesus is Lord. God didn't say Jesus is God.

Jesus: John 5:43 by the name of the father
even John the Baptist: in Mal 4 and Luk 1:17 in the name of Elijah hence is why John the Baptist referred as Elijah.

Jesus is Not God and God is the only God
>>
>>137003861
Well, i myself am a god so no, your god isn't the only one
>>
>>137003304
Your imagined God is a demon; no wonder you don't like him.

If you ever met the real God, not only would you realize that he loves your kids more than you do, and would take them to himself to live in heaven forever God forbid something happened to them, but that he's also offering you a chance to be adopted into his family, to be Jesus' brother, and joint heir to all there is.

Jesus already proved he loved you by dying for you; the only job you have is to believe.

So, believe. Because the demon god of your imagination, the devil, is not the one true God. (No matter how much he wants to be.)
>>
>>137003518
If Jesus is not God, what Jesus did is inexplicable.
>>
>>137003861
Anointed One.
Messiah

Jesus is God, and the only God there is.
>>
>>137003861
(John the Baptist was in the spirit of Elijah; had the Jews accepted Jesus, then John the Baptist would have served as Elijah. But this was never going to happen.)

If you want to see the real Elijah come back to earth, remain lost in your sins and alive during the first half of the tribulation. He and Moses are making themselves known.
>>
>>137004194
>He and Moses
I was thinking it would be elijah and enoch
>>
>>137003415
Nice try. Let me just say this.. Missionaries go to spread the word to people that if they hadnt heard it christians believe they would be spared by "gods judgement" so if its that simple then why dont you christians just keep the good news to yourself instead of trying to damn as many people as you can in your beliefs? If i had never heard of jesus then i could have lived my life how i wanted and i would have been fine in death according to your own book of lies. So fuck off with this shit. Christianity is a big horrible lie that damages peoples minds. I have seen so many people just destroyed because of their indoctrination into christianity. Another thing about that christians have to be indoctrinated at a young age because adults rarely buy into the bullshit unless they were already lost and immature. So keep proclaining you have the ultimate truth and keep blinding yourself to the fact that there is no ultimate truth in life. Truth is what is in your heart and its diffrent for everyone.
>>
>>137003861
That's not Christianity.

Christianity is God sent a portion of himself to earth in human form, and that's Jesus.

As in, at some point God forked himself into three separate, interconnected supernatural deities: The Father, The Son, And The Holy Spirit.
>>
>>137004312
People like Enoch, because he never died, but neither will anyone caught up in the rapture (that Enoch is the first participant).

So if Enoch didn't die, neither did anyone in the rapture, and now Enoch is not the only guy who didn't die.

I don't think the identity of the two witnesses and the Transfiguration are random events, but it's not a hill I would die on.
>>
>>137004396
It's just not true. People die and go to hell because they were never alive to begin with. You were stillborn, and never resurrected.

Why do you think we call becoming a Christian "being born again"?
>>
>>137004027
So, all of the suffering inflicted by God in the Bible in the old testament was actually the devil? That's a pretty fringe heretical belief.
>>
>>137004477
lrn2trinity
>>
Christianity is a meme
>>
>>137003518
What the fuck does someone like benny hinn know? Theres that christian if im not right then neither are you shit again. You cant talk to any christian jew or muslim about how fucking wrong they are because to them they think they have sacred knowledge directly from god and so its impossible to deflate their ego.. So kudos to you your so right and you know exactly what happens when people die because its in a book..
>>
>>137004627
All of the suffering was as a result of the sins of men and angels, not of God.

Eden was paradise prior to the fall; heaven was heaven prior to the devil's coup.

And Jesus suffered more than humanity, collectively. So if you want to point to the Man of Sorrows, you're pointing to Jesus.
>>
>>136992117
If you want to become a theist all you need is study logic
>>
>>137004722
He knows that a fool and his money are soon parted, that's what he knows.
>>
>>137004108
if that's the case why would Stephen in Acts 7:55 saw Jesus sitting on the right-hand side of God not seeing Jesus sitting on the throne itself?
>>
>>137004027
Now i worship a demon? Well jews believe jesus is boiling in a vat of human excrement so good luck with that... Im not jewish or chriatian so it would be impossible for me to worship a demon.
>>
>firstly because there was such a tiny chance that life would come about in a random, uncaring universe

Ignoring the retardation of the rest of your post, the building blocks for life are extremely common in the universe and the universe is do big that the chance for life to never occur might as well be impossible. Sentient life is a real miracle though.
>>
>>137004790
Because Jesus showed it to him.

I think your question is why was Jesus standing on the right hand of something. The Father exists. He's not imaginary. Neither is the Holy Spirit.

But neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit manifested in the flesh. The Son did.

Father is God.
Son is God.
Spirit is God.
There is one God.
>>
>>137004908
Yes, the god you described is the description of a demon, not of the one true God. Whom you do not worship.

For Jesus
Against Jesus

Those are the only two sides in this war. And you're on against Jesus right now.
>>
>>137004615
Because you were indoctrinated into the church of christ and thats what you believe is the truth because your not allowed to question your faith
>>
>>136992117
Will we have free will in heaven?
>>
>>137004976
just wondering, do you believe in the Holy Trinity?
>>
>>137005043
I don't know where this "you can't ask questions" spook started.

Ask all the questions you want of God. Rail at him with all your might. Yell at God and get it all out of your system.

And when you're ready, He'll reach out to you.
>>
>>137005086
Of course.
>>
>>137005108
Absolutely.

John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.
>>
>>137001110
>>137001110
This
Sooooooooo much this, anon>>137000978

Hey, if Jesus can come to ISIS fighters and save them, he might come to you too. Just give Him a chance.
(btw, do you know creatures this earth more stubborn/brainwashed in their 'faith' than mudslimes? how about ISIS jihadist mudslimes then?!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oNEOVXiCxk&t=167s
>>
>>137005155
Then we will be able to sin and thus fall from grace there?
>>
>>137004972
>Universe

Any evidence that space exists? Hard mode; you can't say 'its obvious!'
>>
>>137004771
Well according to the bible the meek will inherit the earth and i have never met a meek christian. So have fun with that whole not getting the earth after you fools destroy it and turn it into a giant desert like the middle east. Dont be suprised when your messiah dosent come back to save you from yourself either. Youll all be right here suffering along with all the " unrighteous" people that tried to warn you.
>>
>>137005256
You can go into outer space, all the proof you need.
>>
>>137005256
>when theists can't prove god they try to disprove their own existence
>>
>>137005033
Ha ok. Thats amazing that you think that way...
>>
God exists only as an empty word on which people lean when they experience fear, despair or doubt, or when they face a situation or occurrence they are not at that moment able to put into other words. Religion is the decision to accept and stick to the blissful idea of an entity that will take care of you, as long as you keep chanting that hollow word. And no, I don't sport a neckbeard or own a funky hat.
>>
>>136992380
>>136992117
Nope, but somewhat close.
>>
>>137005379
It could be just a halucination. Or a dream. Or a fake image on a screen. Your whole existence could be just a simulation feed you by a wire becouse you are just a brain in a jar. Thus God as seen by a specific church is real.
>>
>>137002681
>I used to reject consciousness as just an apparent effect as well, until I realized I was being sloppy in my reasoning by equivocating over the two concepts which I describe in my earlier post.

>But I should add that I'm not saying consciousness is the deciding factor in whether to use a unity or projection operator (the technical point in question). I'm just saying that it may indeed be the case, and that view has been popular among physicists since the early days of quantum physics.

Sorry I feel like we're talking about different things. I am talking about the Idea that for example: the state of a person's consciousness determines what i will measure about an electron in a double slit experiment. (This isn't true and therefore consciousness doesn't affect QM results)

It sounds like you're talking about the idea of explaining consciousness. Well to the degree that we can say that a consciousness "chooses" anything, clearly it effects the states of some electrons and therefore effects things on a quantum mechanical level. If that's what you're saying, I'll agree with you there. ... But could you just clearly state what exactly your contention is, if you don't mind?

Are you saying consciousness MUST exist as an explicitly physical phenomenon? It sounds like you say the opposite so i'm not sure how to make sense of it.
>>
>>137005135
No according to your religion the unforgiveable sin of mocking the holy ghost is something i made sure to commit many times just in case any of you idiots try to "save" me i can just shut you down quickly so you dont waste your breath trying to convert me. Im not your christian brother and if i had it my way id wipe the earth clean of all abrahamic slaves.
>>
>>136992117
/pol/ is alt-/sci/ for STEM minds who believe in a metaphysical reality. I'm an EE with a masters in physics and they made no illusion of the shortcomings of mathematics and science when I studied. I can't believe how these fuckers have sullied science as a disciplined field of philosophy.
>>
>>136999534
>I don't know how it happened, so it must have been a mystic omnipotent force
That's not really an explanation; it's just an "I don't know."
>>
File: 1502406663647.png (190KB, 776x833px) Image search: [Google]
1502406663647.png
190KB, 776x833px
>>
>>136992117
>there was such a tiny chance that life would come about
This is just your stunning ignorance of probability. All events in the past have a perfect chance of happening.

>in a random, uncaring universe
Compounded by your utter locak of knowledge about the "universe" this is just your meaningless, subjective perception of it.

> and secondly because of the way human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
Reality is also a perception, but you're so irretrievably stupid you don't know that measuring is often invasive and destructive.

>Oh I mean the earth is 6000 years old, evolution is a scam,
big bang never happened
adam and eve not adam and steve.
Literally thousands of theists can be found every single day making these exact claims online.

>The latter is what you retarded atheist fucks immediately think when you hear that someone believes in god
We must have gotten this idea from somewhere, probably the thousands of theists found every single day making these exact claims online.

>the former is what most theists actually are.
Wow, that means they're even dumber than we thought.

>We do not have to debunk your 'arguments' against god
You've never proven your gods exist, so there's nothing for us to disprove. But what is interesting is all the time and effort you spend online trying to "prove" your gods exist, trying to rationalize your irrational beliefs.

>The more I learn about science the more I become a theist
That also happens to everyone with an IQ under 60. Coincidence?
This is the hallmark of all irrational people.
>>
>>137005778
Christians dont even realise religion is metaphorical and is supposed to speak to your subconcious. Meanwhile these idiots are running around killing each other and trying to bring about the end of the world because they are so spiritually backwards that its made them insane. They are far off from what human beings were supposed to be.. They are eternal shills.
>>
>>137005943
All events have 0 chance of happening from a distribution perspective.
>>
>>137006048
Christians aren't the barbarians kike history has made them out to be. Come on this is pathetic. And you don't know much about spirituality if you think a life taking another has no significance in itself spiritually.
>>
>>136996342
How is pol a christian board and also anti semitie? I will never understand how that works...
>>
>>136992117
>I am so intelligent because I've said that there is such a tiny chance for life to just happen and the universe is mean and doesn't care.
>I will use this vast intellect to decide that a book that told me literally thousands of pages of hilarious Jewish magic and mythology is the literal truth when every single aspect of science has proven it wrong for centuries.

Theists, everyone. Observe how fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1491447463697.jpg (19KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
1491447463697.jpg
19KB, 297x308px
>>137006292
>How is pol a christian board and also anti semitie?
There's alot in the bible that tells us the truth about ((them)).
Jews hate Jesus and deny they are Christ, so they are anti-christ.

Revelation 2:9
"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."
>>
>>137006495
>deny they are Christ
Deny Jesus is the Christ. Sorry
So the jews are still looking for their messiah to come and that will be our anti-christ.
>>
>>137006279
Oh so you know what i know about the human spirit? You have a list of things ive gone through in my life that ive drawn my conclusions from? You know what ive read and what ive seen? See that makes sense coming from a christian because in christians eyes there is no such thing as a diverse life. Everyone is exactly the same and life dosent deviate at all... I suppose you believe everyone grew up in a christian community and anyone that isnt a god fearing human being just strayed away and should know better. Im sick of these toxic christian threads on pol. I get on here to escape all the confused idiots here in north carolina that i work with.
>>
>>137006081
>All events have 0 chance of happening from a distribution perspective.
All events in the past have a probability of 1 happening in the past. Because they already happened, the chance that they happened is 100%
>>
File: 1400947634375.gif (101KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
1400947634375.gif
101KB, 250x296px
>>137006656
Technically their messiah already came. Simon bar Kokhba was certyfied to be a messiah by most of rabbies at the time. Guess how that ended.
>>
>>137006495
Yea i see christian lobbying in d.c. by the thousands to try to cut ties with the kikes. Nope i see the christians wilfully being teabagged by jews and loving every minute that they can place a sign in their front lawn proclaiming their willingness to bend over and take a kiking because god says to be good little goyim for gods chosen snakes.. Prove me wrong. Prtip you can't...
>>
>>137006495
Oh and i see a lot of christians trying to completey destroy one of the white mans only allies left. Paganism wasnt just for hitler. Inb4 whatever stupid shit you can say about varg being wrong...
>>
File: 8QSDFG.jpg (8KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
8QSDFG.jpg
8KB, 400x343px
>>137006292

Fucking Jews fucking nailed the Son of God to a cross you dip.
>>
>>137007371
>white mans only allies
The black man's history books will talk about how you all went batshit insane in the end.
>>
>>137008168
Jewish son of jewish god? Remember that he only came for the "lost sheep of the house of Israel".
>>
>>137006932
Probably, don't really know much about this issue. care to elaborate more? do they belive that guy will return? i assume he got killed?

>>137007102
>>137007371
Fuck those fake Christians

Matthew 24:5-13

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
>>
File: 1500684648022.jpg (198KB, 800x994px) Image search: [Google]
1500684648022.jpg
198KB, 800x994px
>human consciousness can change reality on a quantum level.
I really hope this is just some fedora atheist falseflagging.
It's depressing to think the average christcuck is this stupid.
>>
File: jokeonyou.jpg (52KB, 495x650px) Image search: [Google]
jokeonyou.jpg
52KB, 495x650px
>>137008590
You don't know much about quantum mechanics stuff do you?
>>
>>137008168
Israel is americas little illigitimate child fuckin dumb ass and You christians claim america is a christian nation and pol is a christian board! Whatever. Fuck these threads.
>>
>>137008590
By definition, human consciousness changes reality on a quantum level all the time.
>>
>>137008407
Here we go with never been earquakes before. The bible says a lot of really dumb shit but somehow you guys never quote any of it because it wouldnt look good.
>>
>>137007102
Pro tip:You are easily proven wrong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinvestment_from_Israel
>>
>>137008407
>care to elaborate more?
Seriously? Never heard about what emperor Hadrian done? Over 100000 jews got killed during the siege, all but 1 rabbis were wrapped in their holy scrolls, dosed with oil and burned like human candles. Said one rabbi was left alive just to be forced to watch and then tell everyone about it. Whole Jerusalem was leveled completly and then rebuild in roman style under new name. In place of the temple was raised temple to Jupiter, Judea was renamed Syria Palestyna and kikes were kicked out of it. Jews were whining about it for centuries since and inflated number of dead to 40 million. It was the biggest kike BTFO to date.
>>
>>
>>136992117
> be literally infinite universe
> that's literally infinite chances to evolve our present situation
> out of literal infinity, after infinite chances over an infinite period of time, all the chips fall in the right way and here we are
> we waste this lottery win by writing dumb book of cobbled-together stolen myths and cucking ourselves with it
>>
>>137009174
Oh ouch. You really proved me wrong with that. Bet you used jewgle too...
>>
>>137009174
Wikipedia is written by zionists fuckhead. You can't trust anything on there about israel.
>>
>>137006048
>religion is metaphorical and is supposed to speak to your subconcious
Lol what? Did you learn about religion at a hippy commune?
>>
>>137009307
>> be literally infinite universe
>be literally retarded
>>
If god exists that nigga retarded yo
>>
>>137009570
[citation needed]
>>
>>136996538
>God doesn't work with explosions
Wtf happened to Sodom and Gammorah, then?
>>
>>137009500
Oh good one. Im a hippy because you dont understand what gods were used for in society. What else are you gonna say am i one of them there democrats too because you dont understand what i said?
>>
>>137009307

>be literally infinite universe

Source

>that's literally infinite chances to evolve our present situation

Everyone's idea of "evolution" is different. The present situation will never change because the present is the present.

>out of literal infinity, after infinite chances over an infinite period of time, all the chips fall in the right way and here we are

You misunderstand being. Everything is the way it is and there's no amount of speculation that can be done to change that. This is all there is.

>we waste this lottery win by writing dumb book of cobbled-together stolen myths and cucking ourselves with it.

Even if the "myths" are "stolen," you're looking at them and interpreting them in an empirical, worldly manner. This way of perceiving the Bible is useless.

You can look at it as a history if you wish. It's something else entirely.
>>
>>137009263
Lol i knew the romans gave the jews a run for their money, didn't really know if most of the jews claim to know their messiah, i thought they were still waiting for him. so is that rabbi that was left alive their messiah? that's what i was asking you to elaborate
>>
>>137004652
What of it? My summary matches up with what I learned in catholic school and what I'm seeing when I look it up now:

>"one God in three divine persons"
Three separate entities that are interconnected and Also the same entity.
>>
>>137009339
>>137009451
So all those church aren't against investing in Israel? And yes you were proved wrong. Try again.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080704211548/http://www.beliefnet.com/story/161/story_16131_1.html
>>
>>137009500
Maybe christians need to be wiped off of the planet so their kike god can be erased from human consciousness too. Dont worry, gods come and go and the earth wont stop spinning when jesus and allah are both wiped from history either.
>>
>>137009665
try again tard
>>
>>137009759
>>religion is metaphorical and is supposed to speak to your subconcious
How's that not hippy speak? What does what you said have to do with society of it what religion was/is used for? Maybe so LSD would help me understand you logic.
>>
if god exists and can create fucking universes wholesale why does he need us for anything. hell, why does he need to set rules for us, or send us to hell or heaven? morals are literally beneath omnipotence. god is illogical.
>>
>>137004745
So God didn't cause the flood? He didn't fuck with Abraham or Job?

God does all sorts of abusive violent shit in the Bible. Its either dishonest or heretical to claim he had no part in those things and they were all someone else's doing.
>>
>>137010096
Oh so churches are taking a tiny stand after years and years of support. Good for them about fucking time. Thats like saying see not all of us are stupid fucking assholes! See we do good stuff every once in a while. It will never make up for all the bullshit humanity has had to suffer through because of abrahams insanity... If karma is real your gonna need about 1000 more jesus human sacrifices to even it out. The christian cross is the stick that blinded humanity. I can not wait till its trampled underfoot. Maybe nature will have a chance to grow and balance itself out again without the relentless attacks from you desert religion jew worshipping death cult fools.
>>
>>137010387
Maybe you need a good dose of some plant to realise what a fool you are.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501178432953.jpg (20KB, 1095x296px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501178432953.jpg
20KB, 1095x296px
>>137010096
Orthobros still follow this canon law from 325 AD. B E G O M E O R D O D O X
>>
>>137010421
>Doesn't understand free will
>Preaches moral relativism
>>
>>137010387
People mimic their deities. No wonder christians are so fucking insane.
>>
>>137010743
nigga what?? explain yourself. speak english.
>>
>>137010594
So you admit you were wrong about your original post and characterization of Christians. Mighty big of you.
>>
>>137010464
The position that the old testament God was actually Lucifer is a position of heresy.
>>
>>137010690
>>137010788
Two replies for one post. Gee maybe you should try some other drugs to claim down
>>
>>136992117

Fuck me you don't understand either evolution or quantum mechancics, are you learning about science from answers in genesis?
>>
>>137010887
Hey way to twist my words because you didnt understand my sarcasm... Pride is a sin too. Maybe you should do what christians do best and not try to understand a point other than your own and pray about it... That seems to help nothing at all. But its what makes your fee fees all better when you feel like your havin a talk with your sky daddy. He always listens even when those meanie non christians dont...
>>
>>137011024
Maybe you should "claim" down...
>>
>>136992117
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth. And the Earth was without form, and void. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
God spoke Creation.
>>
>>137011174
You can't admit being wrong. Sounds like pride to me.
>>
>>137011464
Then he created only adam and eve and absolutely no other humans but somehow cane meets another group of people that the bible thought didnt need any clarification. Nice book of lies...
>>
>>137011590
I admit when im wrong but i dont passify butt hurt christians that have proven nothing except how arrogant and dismissive of anything they cant agree with because their indoctrinated little brains wont let them see the truth. Pride absolutely not. Im not proud i have to argue with adults that cant see how ridiculously wrong they are.. Blind trying to lead the blind never turns out good. But youll see..
>>
>>137010421
God is love. He made us for love. That only works if we are free to choose. He also gave us free will to live with the consequences of our choice.
>>
>>137004745
If you're gonna cherry pick which parts of the Bible count, I'm gonna ask on whose authority you're removing stuff.

If you don't believe in the unbroken line of st. Peter and that the pope speaks with the literal word of God (catholicism), then what authority are you using to decide which parts of the Bible don't count anymore?
>>
>>137012143
nigga love is emotion. emotions are chemicals and action potential in our fucking brain. does god have a brain nigga??? is god a carbon based lifeform made of baryonic matter just like us? that makes no sense.
>>
>>137012143
Dosent the bible say something about knowing a person or group by their deeds? Look at your pastors on t.v. and look at the catholic churchs pedophilia if you really want to know what your religion is about. It reaks of jewness. It oozes materialism and true demonic deeds once the mask is pulled off. The devil is real and he is humanity under yahweh
>>
>>137012900

Where do the chemicals come from? Why do you trust chemicals?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.