[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To people from countries which have more than 2 major political

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Plato.jpg (867KB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
Plato.jpg
867KB, 2592x3888px
To people from countries which have more than 2 major political parties in some type of power, does it actually make things better or more representative? Or do things still suck?
>>
File: Get out of my Sun fag.jpg (169KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
Get out of my Sun fag.jpg
169KB, 640x433px
>>136958339
Democracy is a joke.
>>
a few years ago our labor party couldnt get the required 40% to form a majority due to the greens (a then environmental party, they've since then turned much more commie and gay) anyway labor and the greens had to form a coalition to get numbers up which meant they had to compromise on all bills and everything took longer than it could have
before that happened i thought having a third view point would be beneficial
>>
Still sucks
Trust me.
Usually there's a limit about 5% so no small party can ever make it to parliament.
>>
>>136958844
Sounds like the Knesset in Israel but I think their requirement is lower.
>>
>>136958844
>implying we don't live in a single party commie-ancap mix state
>>
The absolute WORST arrangement is having two big parties and one hinge party determining the majority. Then what you actually have is a whole parliament sucking some minorities cock every time they need to pass a law.
That's the arrangement we have had since Franco died.
>>
>>136958339
i dont think this is relevant. brazil has a shitton of parties, what happens is that they are electing congressman and they keep jumping from one party to another and they have no ideology, nor a political/moral compass. In the end they are like whores.
>>
I imagine some countries are more successful with it than others.

For example, Denmark is getting close to having a Nationalistic party on both the left and the right. And they will have negotiation influences.
That's an example of the system working.

Sweden have multiple parties, but at some point, the other parties ganged together and excluded the nationalist party.
That's an example of the system not working.
>>
File: 67657547.png (65KB, 754x353px) Image search: [Google]
67657547.png
65KB, 754x353px
>>136958339
It sucks.
It dissipates the power and everyone needs to buy everyone.
At the end, few powerful people control everyone else and the sense of identity inside the parties is pretty non-existent.
>>
File: partidos.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
partidos.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
We have like 30 parties: 5 different commie parties, 2 or 3 """""""right-wing""""""" parties and 20 parties that just align with whomever is in power. It's shit.
>>
It still sucks, but less though. It makes a new party gain legitimacy much easier and the old one's less powerfull.
>>
No difference just bigger chaos
>>
>>136958339
It's objectively worst. A minority government barely gets anything done, while a majority government has absolute power, no matter how many votes they got.
Take a look at the 2015 canadian elections for a good example.
Democracy works only in small, cohesive societies. This is why I think federal government needs to have their power reduced. States/provinces should have the power to control their destiny, while the protection of the union is overseen by a form of federal entity.
Your founding fathers had the right idea, too bad the federal government gained so much authority at the expense of states rights.
>>
>>136958567
First post best post
>>
its inderictely great
the left here is split ino three factions
leftists
seculers
Arabs
all of the together have 53/120 seats here
they together will never have a majority and the arabs are way to extreme to be in the government together with them
plus the rising power of the seculars means the left will have to have them in a coalition but they cant get a majority without somehow having centre-right party be ok with joining the Arabs who are far left
tl;dr the left is dead here
>>
File: Vargas.jpg (70KB, 644x475px) Image search: [Google]
Vargas.jpg
70KB, 644x475px
>>136960740
>>136961077
This. And nearly all of the parties are irrelevant and have no ideology. I would say that only PT, PMDB and PSDB are relevant. The first one is marxist, the other one was the opposition party during the period when we were ruled by an anticommunist military junta and the other one is social-democracy painted blue.

There are no real right-wing parties. We used to have PRONA, which was literally fascist and managed to get the third place on the presidential election two decades ago. Sadly, it does not exist anymore.

The only ''right-wing'' party is NOVO, which was founded by globalist bankers who want Brazil to be their colony. But it was not able to elect a single candidate for anything.

Aside from that, we have a strong evangelical influence in politic. A lot of the congressman, especially from PSC, are evangelical and conservative.

On the presidential election, which is going to be held next year, we are going to have the first right-wing presidential candidate in decades. Sadly, he is very dumb and contradics himself all the time when talking about economy. It is unsure if he is a cuck for the free global market or if he is for protectionism.

To be able to run, he got into a insignificant party, the National Ecological Party, and changed its name to PATRIOT. All of the party members are green fat progressives who hate the man, but the national president allowed him to change the whole fucking party because he has a chance to win.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.