[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this what the runup to a war actually feels like, or are we

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Is this what the runup to a war actually feels like, or are we getting lost in the bombast? The Iraq War preparation seems a lot more cohesive in retrospect, with channels being closed off rather than opened up, and without a Rex Tillerson going around telling people to cool out.

When did troops start mobilizing before the Iraq invasion? Was it months prior, or only weeks?
>>
it took a good 6 months or so before we finally invaded.

I'm in support of glassing the norks only if they do something first
>>
>>136956947
>When did troops start mobilizing before the Iraq invasion? Was it months prior, or only weeks

Which one? First one it took almostbsix months and second time some months.

Nothing is going to happen in NK until congress approval and amerilard evacuations.
>>
File: 1496207996244.jpg (339KB, 1280x685px) Image search: [Google]
1496207996244.jpg
339KB, 1280x685px
>>136957222
That's why I'm confused, I thought that the risk was at least significant enough to bring in a single aircraft carrier. Would that be seen as too aggressive?
>>
>>136956947
theres no financial incentive to attacking NK unless american wants a foothold near china but they already have japan. their wont be a war, in short.
>>
>>136959582
It's a whole new country of poor asians looking for work. With China's demographics rapidly changing and India not really producing anything good, we need a new vein of untapped slants to make our sneakers.

Also there are those mountains of rare earth materials they have.
>>
>>136957222
troops weren't mobilized at all. that's not how the US military works. the US military is in a constant "Soft ready" state. war is declared -> ramp up -> War. there's no really obvious indicator from the military it self that they're 100% going to war. the US mil is always edging. the advantages of this doctrine are obvious, but the cost is high (readiness == $$$)
>>
>>136959780
>rare earth materials
This is a misnomer. REMs are not actually rare at all, they're super common but super toxic to refine. Chinas demographics aren't changing at all. In fact even more of china is becoming slave-serfs as more and more farm land is converted to industrial shit output. you're wrong on a lot of levels. NK invasion won't happen

>t. UBS actuary
>>
>>136959914
I'm referring to China's age demographics. Their One Child policy is starting to come home to roost, so they won't have the relative glut of labor like we've been relying on. It's the same pattern that happened with Japan in the 80s, when all of a sudden their labor market turned on its head and they couldn't just crank out trash for free anymore.

And I know that REM aren't really rare, but it would cut an immediate supply channel of those materials off from China.
>>
>>136961036
one child policy was rescinded years ago. their demographics are still booming.

REMs can be produced anywhere on earth, anywhere willing to poison 100% of their environment. the thing is they're just really not profitable at all, that's why trash countries like brazil don't produce them.

africa is the next slave-labor zone; which is why china is colonizing it. NK infrastructure is so trash that it would take tens of trillions of decades to spin them up into proper serfs. industry can't just popup out of nowhere, it takes a lot of time and investment.

in short.

NK situations is just media nonsense to sell papers // get clicks. thanks for reading
>>
File: 512px-ChinaDemography.svg.png (12KB, 512x320px) Image search: [Google]
512px-ChinaDemography.svg.png
12KB, 512x320px
>>136962197
The policy was phased out, and didn't officially end until 2015. It takes people 18 years to be counted as part of a real work force and they're in their prime working years until they're 35, so it'll be another 18 years until their population growth rate stabilizes after the end of the policy. It's that 18 year lag period they're entering now, and even a 2% reduction in workforce can be a serious blow to their economy.
>>
>>136962559
why would you choose a transparent graph with black text mate. come on. slave-serfs hit their prime working age at 15 to 60 though. you're conflating an "Educated" work force with slaves. The policy was officially ended 4 years ago, but enforcement ended close to a decade ago.

chinas economy is a complete scam, but their slave labor work force is fine, and again, they'll be outsourcing a lot of the slave labor to nigger serfs in the next two decades. NK is not an alternative, or a profitable choice in any way shape or form. further a war with NK would destroy SK which would be a massive net loss to the kikes that control your economy.

>t. actuary
>>
>>136956947
trump = chaos
and warhawk marine generals at his side
>>
>>136962952
I don't think a war is going to happen, nor do I think it's a good idea. But cracking the NK nut economically would still open up a new market.
>>
>>136963400
>But cracking the NK nut economically would still open up a new market.
Sort-Of. It would be akin to E/W germany, but far more annoying for SK. Millions of uneducated peasants that dont even know what electricity is would flood SK looking for work. It would be a nightmare for a few decades until they integrated. The only people who would profit, long term, are the SK elite mega-corps. It's just not profitable for the west friend.
>>
>>136962952
Do you have ny sources about China's demographics? I'm completely ignorant, but I find it interesting. The one child policy would have to have some effect, right? Especially if they had selective abortions based on gender. How did it get so high?
Anyway this doesn't seem comparable to Iraq to me. The Iraq invasion came after 9/11 so we were looking for war. People cared less about the details.
>>
>>136959788
Unless you count the amount of troops located in saudi desert.
>>
>>136956947
The neocons had a goal and a plan to execute on it. Trump never plans anything.

NK seems to have a plan, but that plan seems to be mainly regime survival.

Trump thinks he can out-bluster Kim Jong Un. Mattis and co. will probably resolve this diplomatically and Trump's saber-rattling won't matter.
>>
>>136963610
This of course assumes anything remains of SK's industrial sector after NK mortars the living shit out of every square cm of city-space in SK.

>Hypothetical
NK war begins. American flattens them. Seoul flattened by NK in final gasp. China invades portion of NK from west/north. America/SK take portion from south. A new "DMZ" line is drawn. Japan extends borders into SK islands, SK being a non-state due to NK mortar annihilation can do nothing about it. Massive local tensions between chinese and american forces preparing for 30-40 years from now when the chinese-american war (which will happen) breaks out.

>>136963837
The one child policy had an effect (for non-peasent population). Keep in mind during ICP the majority of the chinese population was peasant. It's shifted massively towards industrial/city slaves but a large portion of china's population is still rural

>ICP effect
Massive increase in males. Females were often killed at birth due to the chinese wanting a male heir.
>>136963936
The increase occurred after the war was a certainty. The american military isn't stupid enough to broadcast their intentions months in advance, politicians though . . . .
>>
>>136957083
This seems all the more spontaneous than the Iraqi war..For lack of a better term. There was 9/11 which was the obvious trigger for the invasion. Now it all seems all up in the air of who would strike first.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.