[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've long struggled over the strangeness of the largest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: googleevil1.jpg (54KB, 630x402px) Image search: [Google]
googleevil1.jpg
54KB, 630x402px
So I've long struggled over the strangeness of the largest companies in America being so culturally left wing while also being completely amoral and acting exactly like the capitalist boogeymen they claim to be opposed to.

I think many of the largest companies, and CERTAINLY the ones that are not older companies (pre-1980's or so) are suffering from massive psychological dissonance. My generation was taught nothing but cultural marxism in school. That we should tolerate everyone, that sharing is more important than competition, that you have to cooperate with everyone, that nobody is better than anyone else. We're pumped full of this shit for 12 years and brainwashed. That if you aren't these things you're a BAD PERSON

Then these people get to the real world and it follows all the old rules, you have to compete, you can't always be nice, some people are just better than other people. The brainwashed people don't want to be poor or move to North Korea so they apply their innate talents towards making money and being capitalists...but here's the important difference that makes sense of ALL the bullshit.

These brainwashed successful people think deep down that their success is wrong and they are bad people for being successful. They've embraced their own conception of being bad, even evil, as necessary for their survival. Once you accept that, all other negative behaviors don't bother you as much. After all if you're already an evil capitalist exploiting the poor then what difference does it make if you collude with the chinese to arrest and execute dissidents or help the CIA take over 3rd world countries, or muzzle American's 1st amendment rights.

Our richest and most powerful businessmen are borderline psychotics thanks to cultural indoctrination.
>>
This was Ayn Rand's basic point. Our civilization doesn't teach people how to pursue self-interest in a morally appropriate way. By teaching people that the primary moral question is whether or not you will benefit yourself at the expense of others, or others at the expense of yourself, we create a situation in which "good is what is bad for me". So instead of coming up with a better moral philosophy, we accept that "no one is perfect" because we have to act corruptly in order to survive. This creates a slippery slope to full on corruption, because we do not have any firm logical ground to base our virtue.

However, Aristotle presented us with a different conception - virtue as excellence where honorable and generous deeds are seen as a mark of self-interest and self-actualization. We lost this view, as Platonism overtook the Roman Empire in the form of Stoicism. This Stoic philosophy influenced Christianity and the deontological idealism of the enlightenment. Read about ethics in chronological order, and you can follow this trend and how we went wrong.
>>
File: 1495584407397.jpg (588KB, 3154x2493px) Image search: [Google]
1495584407397.jpg
588KB, 3154x2493px
>>136957691

I'd agree, and now what we have to look forward to are millions of people who are governed by an outlook that boils down to "I can't be a good person as conceptualized by my brainwashing, so I might as well be as bad a person as I can get away with, after all what's necessary to survive in this society is already evil"

So that's what scares me, Sergey Brin's and Elon Musks of the world given carte blanche by their own conscience because they've internalized a fucked up set of moral priorities.
>>
>>136956735
Painfully on point. Great post.
>>
File: amyschumer.jpg (50KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
amyschumer.jpg
50KB, 672x672px
>>136956735
You are stumbling upon one of the most rarely mentioned redpills here. The reason corporations openly embrace socially left-wing policies is because it allows them to appease the left without implementing any kind of actually left wing economic policies, which run counter to their capitalistic drive to maximize profit. Simply put, the "globalist conspiracy" is not communist or Marxist in the slightest, they abhor communism because it prevents the state-based capitalism we've seen enforced by the WTO, IMF, etc. Global corporations are thus only left wing on the surface, and are actually very right wing economically. This is why pol is pretty off the mark with their communism conspiracies, nothing could be further from the truth.
>>
>>136957691
>Stoic philosophy
I'm a Stoic. It's the most deontologically appropriate moral system and it requires no gods.
>>
>>136959614

Here's the thing though, they're right wing only as american's currently conceptualize.

They don't believe in competition or markets. They simply see humans as interchangeable marketable components. As a matter of fact I suspect the idea that all humans are black boxes with predictable inputs and outputs which the likes of Facebook/Google/Microsoft can eventually predict and control is as much a central philosophy as anything.

I suspect it's why they're so oddly enthusiastic about what we see as degeneracy. I think at least for the likes of corporations they're playing a long game where they think they can eventually beat all unevenness and unpredictability out of people completely.

A completely controllable and predictable monoculture
>>
>>136958531
That's what happens when the world is a low-trust society
>>
>>136959614
You are partially right, but you need to look past the money. Money is only as good as what you use it for. And the intention is to gain power and destroy the ability of others to ever challenge you.
It's a two pronged attack. Use money to get power. Once you have the power, get rid of money so others cannot gain power and unseat you. Corporations are tools of thier owner's, not the CEO's but the board and the biggest investors.
>>
>>136956735
Not just them.

But us as well.

We are already evil oppressive racist shitlords white niggers.

Well then we may as well get the perks....
>>
>>136956735
I've been attempting to elucidate this to myself for a while now. This post is very good.

I would add something about the competition though. Now, you have to compete harder than your parents and grandparents and compete differently. You have to engage in what used to be presidential level politics to be even mid level successful in a corporation. Being good at your job and delivering are only 20% of the battle. The rest of posturing positioning and leverage. Since most people don't compete this way, it's setup to reward the worst of characters. It used to be 80% skill and delivering. We live in an inverted clown world. That's why in an age with so much amazing technology so many things are shit. Other than screens games and internet, the world is objectively worse now.
>>
File: 1502221300354.jpg (50KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1502221300354.jpg
50KB, 640x637px
>>136960319
>right wing only as Americans currently conceptualize

This × 10000
>>
File: 1502131487462.jpg (121KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
1502131487462.jpg
121KB, 694x642px
>>136960798
Low trust society is the symptom that becomes the disease.
>>
>>136956735
I read this somewhere else, but I will try to explain it.

The banking elite have created our debt-based money system in 1913 for their own wealth and power. They naturally control finance and thus buy up companies. Naturally some people will resent this form of debt slavery and crony capitalism, and will look for solutions to these problems. The elites, fearful of losing their power, have devised "appropriate oppositions" in which they can vent the anger and frustration of the awoke peoples into appropriate ways, without bucking the system too much. These appropriate oppositions include Communism, feminism, and other "-isms". The elites will fund and lead these oppositions (called controlled opposition in conspiracy circles) in order to later crush any true threats to their power. In addition, since the elites control they opposition, the elites can stay in power whenever the revolution is successful and a new state is in place (i.e. communist Russia). Hence, this is why Wall Street bankers funded the bolshevik revolution.

However, if true opposition to the system were to take hold, (opposition to the Federal Reserve, fractional reserve banking, and debt-based currencies), the elites would be fucked and their power stripped away.

The analogy to this is Zion in the Matrix series. Zion was created by the Architect in order that any opposition to the Matrix be concentrated in a single area and later destroyed. This cycle continues so that the Machines will always stay in power on Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrt6msZmU7Y
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.