[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me why a crime = punishment system is wrong, /pol/. if

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1487017611617.jpg (125KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487017611617.jpg
125KB, 1080x1080px
tell me why a crime = punishment system is wrong, /pol/.

if you stab someone in the stomach, you get stabbed in the stomach. if you splash acid in someone's face, you get acid splashed in your face, etc. reasonable or no?

pic not related
>>
So a homeless man who burns down houses for keks gets what done to him exactly??
>>
>>136912870
Burn his cardboard box down?
>>
>>136914043
yesss, meme justice, this is the progress the 21st century needs
>>
>>136912595
Because of the potential for misjudgment -- if someone is imprisoned and its discovered that they never committed the crime 10 years later they are released and compensated... it can't really make up for time lost but it is something. If you're accused of melting someone's face with sulfuric acid and you get your face melted with sulfuric acid in return, there isn't any coming back from that.

In short, the "eye for an eye" system can and does lead to gross miscarriage of justice.
>>
>>136912595
I have already been punished my whole life.
I am owed my crimes now.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170810-202720.jpg (933KB, 1439x1411px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170810-202720.jpg
933KB, 1439x1411px
It's wrong because you should attack the criminals family instead. Would you stab someone if you knew it meant that your mother, son or wife would be stabbed because of what you did?
>>
>>136914541
The OT (which i assume is where this eye for an eye principle comes from) states that if one falsely accuses another, they will suffer the punishment that the accused would have suffered.
>>
>>136912870
thread over. well done
>>
>>136914851
what if they have no family or genuinely don't care about the lives of others?
>>
that's all from me.
Good night.
>>
>>136914900
That's great if the complaint was filed by someone intentionally to cause harm to the accused. What about cases of misidentification?? What about misunderstandings? And what of accusations filed by the state? Do you punish the judge? The jury? The officer who filed the report? The head of state? The entire legislature?

It isn't a just system.
>>
>>136912870
he gets burned to death, obviously.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.