[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you doing your part? http://archive.is/xcd

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1500519333013.jpg (377KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500519333013.jpg
377KB, 960x540px
Why aren't you doing your part?

http://archive.is/xcdhN
>A Toronto man who spent $550 building a set of stairs in his community park says he has no regrets, despite the city’s insistence that he should have waited for a $65,000 city project to handle the problem. The city is now threatening to tear down the stairs because they were not built to regulation standards.
>Retired mechanic Adi Astl says he took it upon himself to build the stairs after several neighbours fell down the steep path to a community garden in Tom Riley Park, in Etobicoke, Ont. Astl says his neighbours chipped in on the project, which only ended up costing $550 – a far cry from the $65,000-$150,000 price tag the city had estimated for the job.
>“I thought they were talking about an escalator,” Astl told CTV News Channel on Wednesday.
>Astl says he hired a homeless person to help him and built the eight steps in a matter of hours.
>>
Shitty design. It will cost the city more than $65k when someone steps on the end of one of those steps, the board lets go and they tumble down the hill.
>>
File: 1490815622973.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490815622973.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
>>136866845
This. Needs a 4'x4' landing on the top and bottom. Needs to move one of those stringers to one end and add another to the other end. Both sides need handrails and and they need to be continuous graspable handrails which is code, albeit gay. Hopefully those posts are burried and concreted it. There is probably more that makes this dogshit but whatever. Guys a shit carpenter but I applaud his effort.
>>
>>136866845
3 people had already slipped and fell, that's why he built it
they already took the stairs down anyway.
>>
>>136867504

This is just a little staircase to go to a little area that not many people go to and it was only supposed to be temporary.

It's not perfect, but the city was going to spend 200k on this. I say that much because it's a government project and those are incapable of coming in under budget, especially since it has an 85k swing in what they expect it to cost.
>>
>>136865593
>be delusional autist
>build shitty wooden stairs that will break when some old fatass steps on it and impales themselves on the splinters
>$550 job
>argue with the people whose entire purpose is to handle the city's infrastructure
>life's work complete
Worst part is I live near there.
>>
>>136869442
$65k is about 10x more expensive than a bad ass staircase there should cost.
>>
>>136868521
>>136867504
>>136866845
Thanks /pol/ for reminding me why civil litigators and their clients deserve to be gassed.
>>
I don't see a wheelchair ramp, very problematic.

And where is the 42" horizontal clearance for the American tourists? Or as I call them the "freedom inclined"?
>>
>>136871289
Even with everything I mentioned I could build a staircase here for 10k. Including sidewalk access and landings. 65k is bueracratic bullshit so some mayor can skim for "campaign contributions" and his cousin can make a boat load.
>>
I mean...doesn't this just reinforce whey codes exist? Why did he build the stairs like that, where if somebody steps on one of the sides, it could break the step?
>>
You fucktards have never quoted a project in your lives and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>136865593
>builds stairs to show ineffective governence
>no insurance, no union mafia support
>niglets steal a few planks
>stairs collapse on next person, paralyzed waist down
>go bankrupt from civil suit
>>
To be plain and frank I think everyone arguing here to complicate a six level staircase to be anything more than 1000$ is a gigantic faggot.

That is unless I'm missing something outside of this photograph. It's a mini-staircase, guys. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>136874508
>>136866845
YOU FUCKING NIGGERS HOW STUPID ARE YOU? WOOD IS PRETTY DAMN STRONG OR ARE YOU THAT FUCKING FAT YOU SNAP WOULD WALKING ON IT?
>>
>>136874353
>15x the cost just to add (((safety features))) in order to retard natural selection

Kill yourself.
>>
>>136875969
>building something thats shit because you're poor
You first.
>>
>>136874932
Pretty much this.
>>
>>136869869

>be american
>have american money
>dont understand canadian money
>comment anyway

$65k is about right also this is old news and they already tore it down
>>
File: final.jpg (89KB, 507x514px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
89KB, 507x514px
>>136865593
cities do this because its a chance to give their friends contracts in return for kickbacks, in my city there was an expose about how a bunch of stop signs in one shitty area cost like 650,000$ because of some stupid bullshit about them needing to be custom made or something, which isn't true, you can buy half used/unused stop signs for like $20 dollars, and the metals poles and concrete couldn't have costed more then 10,000$ these people are abusing our money and our trust at every level of government.
>>
>>136865593
>$550 for 8 fucking steps
>>
File: 1496344250696.jpg (97KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496344250696.jpg
97KB, 728x640px
>>136869442
>>
>>136876100
>false dichtomizing
Tie the rope.
>>
>>136865593
Fuck that old man. Scum of the earth. Government actually knows what he's doing not some senile old fuck, hope he's fined.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.