[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How and why did enviornmentalism/conservationism/ec ology become

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: trees.jpg (578KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
578KB, 900x600px
How and why did enviornmentalism/conservationism/ecology become hijacked by the left?
Why can't there be environmentally conscious conservative movements that aren't all about fudds hunting or SHTF militias?
>>
File: o-THE-MATRIX-facebook.jpg (862KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-THE-MATRIX-facebook.jpg
862KB, 2000x1000px
>>136841375
That pic reminds me of the Matrix
>>
File: enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg (106KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg
106KB, 501x585px
The environment is important goy, now give me all your sheckles so it can be protected oy vey
>>
>>136841375
The anti-environmentalism is the worst blemish on the right. End for profit prisons, send the inmates to go clean up a lake.
>>
>>136841375
>How and why did enviornmentalism/conservationism/ecology become hijacked by the left?
Because it's a great vehicle for authoritarian policies.
>>
>>136841630
It is important though. Yeah throwing billions into a fund managed by corrupt elite is not the solution, but not investing in green energy startups and refusing to fund clean-up projects is problem that will increase over time if not dealt with.
>>
>>136841375
It has splintered into two groups env scientists and environmentalist. These two are vastly different and are constantly battling each other.
>>
Because conservatives don't believe that humanity has a big impact on the environment
>>
File: 1502293010843.jpg (26KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
1502293010843.jpg
26KB, 720x717px
>>136841375
>How and why did enviornmentalism/conservationism/ecology become hijacked by the left?
Because the argument has become emotional and ceased being factual.
>>
>>136841847
This is the hardest thing for me to reconcile. I almost always believe that smaller government is the better solution, but when it comes to the environment I don't what kind of regulation would be effective, without unnecessarily lining the pockets of special interest groups.
>>
>>136841724
I would identify as far more conservative and consider more of their social views if they invested in innovative ways to manage waste, more efficient production methods with ecological health of future generations in mind instead of simply looking at what creates more sales and addiction to shitty products

Liberals can't manage shitall on a large scale, the meetings are more ideas than implementation
>>
>>136842408
I work in the env field, trying to reduce waste and electric/natural gas consumption use for hospitals. The vast majority of the people I work with and around hold mostly conservative views, with the exception being how much they care about preserving nature and the environment.
>>
>>136841630
I'm pretty sure not giving a shit about landscape or environment is the most money grubbing, jewy thing you could ever do.

When's the last time you heard of a jew naturalist?
>>
>>136841375
completely. Greens are lefties 100% of the time. No borders and bullshit. If you are a capitalist you are a right wing warmonger. This is actually the way they think.
>>
The reasons are nonsense. Environmental groups used to be anti immigration.
http://www.colorlines.com/articles/how-sierra-club-learned-love-immigration

It seems the marxists attacked environmental orgs just like they attack anything else of value.
>>
>>136844537
interesting article.
Did not know Muir & co were so interested in eugenics.
So basically they were anti-immigration pro-choice until a bunch of POCs came in to fuck shit up?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.