[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has been known for quite a while now that Google, the corporation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: use of search engines.jpg (19KB, 466x193px) Image search: [Google]
use of search engines.jpg
19KB, 466x193px
It has been known for quite a while now that Google, the corporation with the most control over information by far, has been silencing opinions that they don't agree with. It has been proven many times: the recent mass youtube demonetization is a great example. This wouldn't be such a threat to our free speech if it weren't for one single fact: google is a monopoly. Yeah, there are other search engines, like bing or whatever, but, comparatively, almost no one uses them (as a matter of fact, the picture is a pie chart showing the overall usage of search engines, and, as you can see, google has more than 75% of the chart). So, whenever they feel like they want to silence our opinions, they can basically do it. It's not that hard: manipulating search algorithms is something that they have already done many times. They don't have to outlaw opinions or anything like that: they can just hide them.

So, what do we do? That's what I'm asking you, /pol/. Put your arguements about race or how cucked a country is aside, and protect something that is essential to you as human beings: your right to free speech.

What am I proposing? Easy: we, as a comunity, should start using and spreading the use of other search engines and video platforms. It may seem impossible (after all, Google is the monopoly!), but that's far from being the truth: historically, al monopolies or empires have fallen, so why would Google be different?

I personally don't know which search engine we should start promoting, so that's why I decided to open this thread. It should preferably be a search engine that has pledged allegiance to the values of liberty and free speech. And, if we don't find any suitable candidate, we can make our own search engine. It may sound like a childish proposal, but think about it: has /pol/ ever considered how many talented people it has?

Oh, and /pol/: don't forget about the political and de facto power that you have, and use it to achieve real goals.
>>
Duck duck go is the answer for seach. 3bit you cant stop there. you need to stop using gmail, chrome, and android.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.