[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not /pol/ but, philosophically speaking, why aren't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: female.png (4KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
female.png
4KB, 216x233px
I'm not /pol/ but, philosophically speaking, why aren't women equal to men? Theoretically if men and women were equal, there would be no concept of discrimination or inequality. Did men being viewed as greater than women begin simply because men were physically stronger?
>>
you are /pol/
>>
Compatmentalization.
Dont know the readoning or how it happend.
But some jobs women are good at doing and some jobs men are good at doing.
Since this has been the underlying assumption since hunter gatherer times, they have seen little to no use in cross training people.
Could be a tribalistic-it doesnt matter what you want its whats good for the tribe. You're a man and you do x. Takes alot less energy in filling roles and training then letting your members decide what they would like to do instead.

Women carry babies in their bellies men cant. This is the primary basis.
>>
>&humanities speaking, why is [bait]?

I've noticed a trend lately.
>>
>>136693321
>Did men being viewed as greater than women begin simply because men were physically stronger?
Yes.

Is it really so shocking that social inequality is linked to the sexes literally not being equal?
>>
File: 1501997854857.jpg (370KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501997854857.jpg
370KB, 640x640px
>why are these two fundamentally different things not perfectly alike in abilities and behavior
hurreerreee
>>
>>136693321
The only thing that is exclusive to gender is that women menstruate and can become pregnant and men can knock up women. The rest is social constructs or hormonal influences that don't actually limit anyone.
>>
hormonal influences don't limit anyone because I bastardized the definition of the word limit to suit my thinking
>>
>>136693321
see: >>136693322
>why aren't women equal to men?
Women are just about equal to men juridically in most legit countries.

>Theoretically if men and women were equal, there would be no concept of discrimination or inequality.
Yes...?
>Did men being viewed as greater than women begin simply because men were physically stronger?
Pretty much.. We've always valued the lives of women higher though.

also sage
>>
>>136693321
Old Testament is clear on this one. The woman will always desire to control her husband, and the husband will rule over her regardless. Hence the eternal power struggle.

This wisdom is 6000 years old.
>>
>>136693321
>implying differences between sexes is political in any way shape or form and not simply fact
I don't know what board this came from but the mods there are clearly cucked.
>>
women pee from their insides lol
>>
Men
>Harder and stronger
>More suited to physical and mental labor
>Think with logic and reasoning
>Desires to be left alone but is forced into groups out of necessity for things like mating, hunting, labor, etc.

Women:
>Softer and weaker
>More suited for domestic and emotional labor, like care taking
>Think with feelings
>Constantly desire attention
>>
>>136693321
then tell me what have women ever done besides shitting out kids and moaning about everything?
>>
File: female hyena.png (330KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
female hyena.png
330KB, 500x375px
female hyenas are bigger than male hyenas, and their clitoris looks like a penis, and even gets erect like a penis. Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1501286276972.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501286276972.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
Women are evolutionary dependent upon men. This relationship is what has set the stage for all of civilization. Women evolved to be more attractive to men because they needed to secure a strong mate that could protect them during pregnancy. This is why women are weaker, less intelligent, shorter, have thinner bones, have softer hair, have less hair, softer voices, etc. These are all things evolutionarily chosen for because they are attractive to men and so they maximize the chance of women to have children. Men are stronger, taller, more intelligent, faster, have stronger bones, have wider frames, have deeper voices, and exhibit more leadership qualities, because that is what women find attractive and what they, biologically, saw as superior genetics. These are all qualities that signal that the woman will have security during pregnancy and afterwards, which is necessary for women as they are extremely vulnerable during that time.

The sexes evolved to complement each other, not to be antagonistic to each other. However, being blind to our fundamental differences for the sake of "Equality" is a practice in absurdism and one that will never result in a peaceful coexistence. Equality is a social construct, so they say. It isn't found anywhere in nature and it shouldn't be pursued by any rational mind.
>>
>confusing value statements with what is the case

Wew /pol/ sure is smart!
Both have no value in a philosophical sense, is the only right anwser
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.