[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on health care in the US. Why does it cost so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Red pill me on health care in the US. Why does it cost so much? Should pre existing conditions be covered?
>>
>>136652680
One reason is neoliberal gibsmedats to corporations.

Another is obesity, drug, alcohol, and tobacco. Every Obese person in the US (38% of the population) will have to pay an extra 200,000 on average for health problems.
>>
Privatizing healthcare would solve the problem.
>>
>>136652680
The FDA for enforcing a cartel on pharmaceutical companies by requiring people to go to a doctor to get a prescription.
>>
Healthcare cost a lot because:

1) Providers earn a LOT. And I'm not talking just doctors, all of them make obscene quantities of money.

2) the US pretty much pays for reasearch and development of all worldwide drugs. Europe doesn't invest shit, but they benefit when new drugs come to the market.
>>
>>136652680
>Why does it cost so much?
3rd party payments since WW2. If it was cash-based it would be the cheapest in the world.

Also: AMA
>>
>>136653319
could the US put some kind of special tax or something on drug that were devloped in the US but sold in other countries?
>>
Because the medical industry and media have brainwashed the public into over-diagnosis. Everything becomes something that a doctor needs to fix. You shouldn't need to take 10 pills everyday to be healthy, but this is what many Americans believe and practice. Even something like a hot temper becomes a medical issue that needs to be treated with "anger management" therapy.
>>
File: 1494529100882.jpg (299KB, 512x820px) Image search: [Google]
1494529100882.jpg
299KB, 512x820px
>>136652680
jesus fucking christ I hate this shit

If anyone actually thinks that you are going to be charged 13,000 for a fucking hospital bed overnight or 900 per week for some special treatment, you don't understand how the system works. The reason prices are kept high is because different insurance providers have different amounts that they'll cover. For example, insurance provider A may allow for a reimbursement of 50 dollars while provider B gives 80. if the hospital were to put their price at 50, they would miss out on the extra 30 each visit a person with provider B made. Furthermore, pharmaceutical companies recognize there are people who need their medicine that do not have insurance, so they typically cut the prices to bare bones for these people or in some cases (such as several AIDs related medication) they provide it for free given sufficient need. The process is focused on each of the groups raping the insurance providers for as much as they negotiated the billing for, and they can only ensure that if they set their prices to the highest fucking person. Its the reason why you see an absurdly high level of biomedical investment in the US, because the current system allows companies to have far higher profit yields; which to some extent is reinvested into paying for the bitch of a process known as drug discovery and approval.
>>
>>136653319
2 doesn't make fucking sense you retard. Medical industry is free to set at higher prices in Europe as well, yet they don't. There's no fucking reason they would let the US alone pay for research.
>>
Lobbiests of big pharma and corporate hospitals.
>>
>>136652680

Someone has to make up for all the free healthcare paco and his 17 kids receive.
>>
>>136652680
Because hospitals inflated prices decades ago and put them in something called the Chargemaster. They then """discount""" these prices for insurance companies but if you don't have insurance you pay the Chargemaster rate.
>>
>>136656842
but how will paco be able to send all of that money home if he has to pay bills that legal americans have to pay?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.