[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the American church dying, /pol/? I've heard of three

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1281.png (655KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1281.png
655KB, 604x453px
Why is the American church dying, /pol/? I've heard of three different churches in the last week that are having to close due to declining attendance.
>>
Religion is bullshit
>>
it was inevitable
>>
>>136631716
fucking THANK YOU.
>inb4 christcuck shabbos goy insults
>>
>>136631124
A number of factors:
1) Old attendees dying
2) Young people irreligious
3) Media promoting "organized religion = not cool"
4) Academia promoting "Church is historically oppressive"
5) Lack of community cohesion due to multiculturalism and enrichment
>>
>>136633347
>5) Lack of community cohesion due to multiculturalism and enrichment

also modernism and urbanization

rural environment is the friend of community cohesion and religion (and have healthy birthrates)

individualist, consumerist cities are the enemy of community cohesion and religion (and have the lowest birthrates)
>>
>>136631124
Maybe for you. I bet you live in some libshit part of the US. My pastor is building a new and larger church
>>
>>136631124
It depends on the sect. Organized Christian sects are dying whereas non-denominational/ financially independent churches are booming. Just my un my city alone, there's already been dozens of new small churches built. Along with one big Baptist Church.
>>
>>136633987
in my*
>>
>>136631124

Aside from the fact that god is not real, the church has lost all edge and too many of them are about praying for prosperity. Church has become about being selfish and making money, in that way it is like the rest of society. If they pushed an actual way of living, a lifestyle that was counter to the current "accept everything" PC bullshit, they would be more popular.

I'm an atheist but even I might attend a based church. They aren't preaching anything different than what society already believes in for the most part, what they need to do is challenge commonly held notions of morality. Don't even get me started on Catholicism and they pro-immigrant and illegal immigrant shit.
>>
File: wewlad.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
wewlad.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>136631124
Evangelicucks.

Yes, it turns out sucking Jewish dick when Jews hate you and gleefully kill your children in their wars generally turns off the next generation to your faith. The priorities of American Protestants are:
1) Suck off Israel
2) Die in Israel's wars
3) Care more about Israel than Jesus or America
>>
>>136631124
Churches (around me at least) are just centers for gossiping and being a fucking snake to your neighbors and such. The shit you hear about other people in church is just incredible. But they in tha lord's house so it all be good bless their heart.
>>
>>136631716
>>136632130
Anti-Christian!
>>
>>136631124
Because the State has established a pagan religion instead, O.P. Have you never heard of Political Correctness?
>>
>>136631124
II Thessaloniens 2:3
>>
>>136633762
Good points.
In small towns, the social pressures to conform are much greater because almost everyone knows each other. It is not smart to do something which would disgust the local community, like adultery or petty theft. In large metropolitan areas, it is easier to wrong somebody and get away with it because it is likely that you will never run into that person on the streets again. Cities are cesspools for sin and depravity for a reason. The Amish were on to something.
>>
>>136634181
Hell is for ever!
>>
File: 1502148789035.png (448KB, 482x918px) Image search: [Google]
1502148789035.png
448KB, 482x918px
>>136631124
Parents didn't pass down tradition.
>>
I am not religious but if my religion was on the brink i would try saving it. In the face of all other religions we Christians in the 21 century really have a nice religion.

It allows for science unbound, it has the ten commandments which are really good and it only care for the well-being of our souls.

Christianity is the shit for the modern human. It allows for marriage that is the exclusive devotion to one woman or one man. We only need to support our congregation wether we are true believers or not.
>>
>>136631124
There has to be a fallong away for the tribulation

>>136631716
fag
>>
>>136634181
>Don't even get me started on Catholicism and they pro-immigrant and illegal immigrant shit.
The pope's words aren't church doctrine or anything to do with teaching/something you're expected to do you aidsfaggot.
>>
>>136634606
As a Christian, I wish God would just spit it out.
>>
The Jews want to kill any social organizations that whites have.
>>
I wouldn't say Christianity is dying in America so much as evolving. If you look at a lot of the large denominations like the Episcopals, Methodists, and Presbyterians they're imploding. Episcopals allowed an openly gay bishop so the conservatives left to form ACNA. Methodists allowed a lesbian bishop and now Methodists are leaving. Meanwhile independent churches not belonging to a larger denomination are being built faster than you can count.
>>
>>136631716
>>136632130
Fuck off retards
>>
>>136633347
These are also important factors. It's also unfortunately why you see churches trying to adopt Universalist attitudes just to get anyone through the door. Funny enough one of the only growing denominations in America is the Orthodox. I think the answer may be in standing firm to the truth rather than bending backwards to those who hate the faith much like how the Orthodox operate.
>>
File: Jews.jpg (4MB, 3884x7735px) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
4MB, 3884x7735px
>>136631124
>>
>>136631124
Whats wrong with practicing your faith at home?
>>
>>136631124
They cucked out on race like good little christcucks
Therefore the things that actually upheld decent morality and community were wiped out
No more white community with long standing families
Only temporary safe havens until Tyrone is again put into federal housing in the neighborhood and then everyone has to flee all over again
Oh also cuckservatives cucking for big businesses which killed the middle class
>>
>>136631124
because christianity is a cis white male religion u bigot!!!
>>
>>136631124
Not enough twerking.
>>
>>136634606
The only good post in this thread.
>>
>>136639095
if any religion is a cis white male religion it's mormonism
>>
>>136631124
https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

https://www.youtube.com/user/AominOrg

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrOakley1689

Good channels, hopefully they help people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97k4z6Qe7JM&t=18s

A true Gospel presentation. Hopefully those who haven't heard watch, and those who have can share this.
>>
I've been considering dropping by the methodist church on sunday.
are they really that cucked?
>>
>>136639548
Methodists and Episcopals vary from rather conservative to mega cucked on the individual church level. On the higher levels though absolutely yes, Episcopals worse than Methodists.
>>
I've been going to the Orthodox Church for awhile now and noticed that most people there are former Baptist, Methodist and so on. The Orthodox Church in America appears to be growing.
>>
>>136631124
>Why is the American church dying

>infested with child molestors
>take in millions but pay no taxes
>people know there's no one living in the sky
>unbelivably boring waste of time
>who the fuck wants to wake up early on sunday

gee op, i don't know.
>>
>>136631124
Its not God has prohesied that the church will move out of dead religion and back into real Pentecostalisim read the Book of ACTS again slowly the baptisim in the Holy Ghost and everthing in ACTS is real everyday Christianity and thats what Jesus wants us to be as His Church
>>
It's because churches are turning into total faggots.
>>
>>136631124
Shit pop music used that are basically re branded romance songs. I love hearing organ music and so do others, but boomers have got this silly idea in their heads that kids don't like it and just want to hear trashy pop inspired music instead. Then there's the fact that it's too "social". Churches are meant to worship god, not some community center. It's really annoying to see both cliques forming, and various other people trying to get too chummy to you. Another thing is sermons - they're always bite sized stereotypical "no cheating and lying" stuff. What about all the cool stuff in the bible? There's zombies, angels fighting demons and wrestling a human, transmutation, and various other paranormal phenomena. But again I guess boomers prefer hearing about what meal Jesus ate on a particular day so pastors only talk about the less interesting parts of the bible. Then there's the preaching style. Many people do not like hearing nothing but how they've sinned and are going to hell. Yes fire and brimestone rhetoric is useful, but you need to inject some hope in the message; focus more on Jesus and his desire for gentiles to be saved.
>>
Soviet Subversion
>>
>>136641809
I think social fellowship isn't a bad thing if done right. I've been very impressed at how close of a community the Orthodox are in comparison to many other types of churches just because they'll have a bit of coffee and maybe a light lunch after every service.
>>
the church can't hold onto members because much of it is cucked and hardly stands for anything
>>
>>136634430
Jew-lover!
>>
>>136631124
70 years of television and media mocking Christianity. If only we knew (((who))) writes the majority of stuff that makes it into TV and magazines.
>>
>>136634219
Not to mention that many of them are just repulsive on a physical level - obese, often slovenly/unkempt. Often completely cucked by negro sportsball (which they worship). This is not something that self-respecting younger whites want to associate with.
>>
>>136642384
If there was a button that would erase everything jewish (including your beloved rabbi Jeshua bar Joseph) from existence, would you push it?
>>
File: g (11).png (76KB, 1357x446px) Image search: [Google]
g (11).png
76KB, 1357x446px
>>136631124
>Why is the American church dying, /pol/?
>>
>>136642144
This. Last statistic I checked it was Orthodox and Evangelicals growing. I fully believe that's because they make their stand and refuse to budge. The churches that are too willing to bend doctrine are the ones fading.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.